It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cost of Thanksgiving up 13% year to year.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Thanksgiving dinner including turkey, stuffing, cranberries, pumpkin pie and all the basic trimmings increased about 13 percent this year, according to the American Farm Bureau Federation.

In addition, “the era of grocers holding the line on retail food cost increases is basically over,” Anderson explained. “Retailers are being more aggressive about passing on higher costs for shipping, processing and storing food to consumers

www.fb.org...

I find it interesting that Thanksgiving is up 13% and Shadowstats finds the real inflation rate at 12-13%

www.shadowstats.com...

Another big red flag is "the end of grocers holding the line". The Dam has broken. Cost are now being past on to the consumer. This will only incress inflation at a faster pace. I say if everthing holds togeather for a year, and thats a BIG IF, we will see real inflation at 25%-30% at this pace next year!

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Who cares? The morons of the world will keep buying, anyway.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by eldard

Well I care, that's why in posting it. I'm show ATS how inflation in the future is going to wipe out this country.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by eldard

We're talking about groceries here... I think you'd have to be a moron not to buy.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   
The other day, ZeroHedge had a link to an online "game" the San Francisco Federal Reserve has put up for people to play to be Federal Chairman (Ben Bernanke) for a day.

You should play it and set the interest rates at .25% as the Fed has done for a few years and see what the Federal Reserve anticipates happening.

www.frbsf.org...

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Scalded Frog

Yes. Since some people can't live without milk (there's nothing fresh about it). Or orange juice (why not eat real fruit, instead?), or bread (rice is cheaper and more filling), or beef (chicken is cheaper), etc...
No sympathies here.

new topics

top topics

join