It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New TeleResearch poll has Ron Paul in 1st place in IA, with 25%

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
This poll actually included Democrats and Independents. Looks more and more like Ron Paul is going to get in early win in Iowa!

Congressman Ron Paul is leading by a significant margin in Iowa, according to preliminary results of a new TeleResearch poll.

Revolution PAC, the Super PAC formed to support presidential candidate Ron Paul, has received early data from the commissioned Iowa poll. The TeleResearch survey is the first to incorporate disaffected Democrats and Independents who will not vote to reelect Obama and will instead crossover to participate in the Iowa Republican Caucus, as well as likely Republican caucus-goers.

Survey sample size is approximately 2,900, with almost 700 likely Republican caucus-goers. Indiana’s TeleResearch Corp., which has been polling voters for more than 18 years, reports that the margin of error is less than 3%.
www.revolutionpac.com...

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
I know the media makes it seem like he can't win but i'm starting to think that might not be true. And it's not jus the videos that people post on this site. I'll talk to people at my work and school who and a lot of them say they'd like to see ron paul win. And these aren't like my friends who share my views on things. theyre just ordinary people who i don't know very well outside of those areas

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by biggmoneyme

That's what I like to hear, I wear my Ron Paul hoodie around, and get all kinds of positive responses from folks from all walks of life. Here's a new Examiner article that makes me even more optimistic.

Iowa, New Hampshire and California are 3 very different regions. You never hear mainstream media report much on his significant wins in California and the reason for this is simple. California is the largest electoral prize in our land. Any candidate that can win California in a primary has to be considered electable because its amount of delegates could make up for many other states' defeats. So, if mainstream media ever admits that from all the California straw polls conducted, Ron Paul could win this huge electoral prize, it would not take a rocket scientist to figure out that he is very electable, indeed. Any candidate that could garner a win in California and Texas would have a significant amount of delegates to lodge a good ol' fashioned challenge on the floor of the national convention even if these were the only 2 states won.

Not only does popularity in California during a Republican primary matter, but it presents Obama with a very scary thought that possibly Ron Paul could have what it takes to be the first significant Republican threat since Ronald Reagan to win California in the general election. Then when you add into account his home state of Texas, the second largest prize in the land, we can see why this Congressman from Texas is being ignored by mainstream media talking heads on both the left and the right perspective.

Continue reading on Examiner.com Shhhhhh....Ron Paul could win California and therefore the nomination - Washington DC Conservative | Examiner.com www.examiner.com...

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by biggmoneyme

This is what I've been trying to tell people for the last few months. 2008 was because Ron's message was new and people were afraid, he lacked name recognition and shocked the nation.

2012 is a different story, the movement is STRONG, stronger than any of you think it actually is, especially the 'doubters'. The message is catching on with people and spreading like wildfire. Even people who not for one second believed Ron Paul could be president, whether it was his new ideas (actually old, and mostly from the Constitution) or they just simply thought a decent man with good intentions could never be President. I can't stress how many people I've bumped into that have told me that they never thought they would vote for Ron Paul but the outcome is coming to his favor as each day passes.

Just a week ago polls started reflecting what Ron Paul campaigns' internal numbers have been showing for a while. Now a poll adds in indies and dems now putting Ron in the lead, this isn't even counting all of the newly registered Republican voters for this election and the people that have decided to register the day of the Iowa caucus (and yes, according to Iowa GOP caucus rules, it is allowed).

Like I have said before, it will be a race down to Paul v Romney and Paul has enough momentum to pull off a win with the GOP establishment kicking and screaming the whole way through. We'll see dirty tactics being deployed in likely every state primary and caucus (just like in 2008) and they will continue to get nastier and nastier all the way up to the national convention. I won't even be surprised if they change the schedule and screw Ron Paul delegates, hell the GOP didn't mind locking them out in 2008.

Everyone attend your polling places, caucuses and take notes, count votes and make sure we win this election.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Wow this is great news, with the Iowa primary a few weeks away this is really good news. I know he will certainly win Iowa. The thing is that he will pull in independent voters away from obama and away from the others. The thing that worries me is that those people voting for the cains, bachmans, santorums will have to be pushed to romeny after they get eliminated.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 03:53 AM
link   
I wonder where all the haters are now who previously have been saying Paul can't get more than 10%. Now that their 'precious' scientific surveys have betrayed them and more than doubled Paul's favorability, they're silent.

Most of these polls have sampled 1,000 or less, this TeleResearch survey sampled over 2000 for Iowa.

Come January 3rd, this race is going to get mighty interesting.

new topics

top topics

join