It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Truth Is Viral - Missing Libyan Missiles and War With Iran

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
On this week's edition of The Truth Is Viral, host Bob Powell investigates what happened to 20,000 shoulder-fired heat-seeking missiles and truck-launched surface-to-surface missiles that were stolen from Libyan armories during the CIA-backed Libyan "Revolution." Many of those missiles have found their way into the hands of Islamic Jihad in the Gaza Strip where they have already been used to strike at Israeli civilians, killing one and wounding several others.

Bob also begins the first part of an in-depth look at the spectre of war with Iran, from the IAEA report demonizing the Islamic Repubic for it's alleged pursuit of a nuclear weapon to reasons why the Iranian government may actually welcome hostilities with the West. Over the next few weeks Bob will be speaking with the people who actually live in the Middle-east, as well as experts on the region, for first hand accounts of what is going on.

(click to open player in new window)

NOTE: The views expressed in this video are that of the commentator/anchor and do not necessarily represent the views of the management or ownership of AboveTopSecret.com or The Above Network, LLC.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
I've been chomping at the bit waiting for this episode to be posted.

The next two weeks I will be covering Iran and Syria exclusively. I believe that an attack on the two countries will be simultaneous, and that it is imminent. Informed sources say the attacks will begin by Christmas. It's getting very intense folks. Stay Tuned!

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Relevant here, posted under my previous banned username, jjjtir.

www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread774132/pg1#pid12772570

AFP Report

Al-Qaeda's North Africa branch says got Libya weapons

AFP

news.yahoo.com/al-qaedas-north-africa-branch-says-got-libya-175152279.html

Al-Qaeda's North Africa franchise acknowledged it had acquired part of slain Libyan dictator Moamer Kadhafi's arsenal, in comments by one of its leaders quoted Wednesday.

Mokhtar Belmokhtar, believed to be one of the leaders of Al-Qaeda in the Islamic Maghreb (AQIM), made the remarks to Mauritanian news agency ANI, which has carried interviews and statements from the group in the past.

"We have been one of the main beneficiaries of the revolutions in the Arab world," said Belmokhtar, an Algerian national.

"As for our acquisition of Libyan armament, that is an absolutely natural thing," he said, without elaborating on the nature of the weapons purportedly acquired.

(...)

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by AboveTopSecret.com

In a new plot against Iran, Washington Post quoted US officials as claiming that Iran may have sent Libya shells for chemical weapons.

TEHRAN (FNA)- Iranian Foreign Ministry Spokesman Ramin Mehman-Parast strongly rejected the recent allegations raised by the West about Iran's possible collaboration with the former Libyan regime in area of chemical weapons production, reminding that Iran is a pioneering country in the campaign against WMDs.

"Our country is a victim of the chemical weapons and has been a pioneer in the campaign against the use of such weapons," Mehman-Parast told a weekly press conference here in Tehran on Tuesday.

"We were among the very first countries that sought a ban on chemical weapons," the spokesman explained.

He blamed the western states' involvement in organized crimes and production of the Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMDs), and said the western states are equipping their puppet (like Saddam who recieved those weapons to use against Iranian in the war.) regimes with WMDs, including chemical and biological weapons, and at the same time allege to be advocating human rights.

Such allegations come as Iran has been amongst the biggest victims of chemical weapons and demanded a practical global ban on chemical weapons use and production. In October 2011, Iran's envoy to the Organization for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons (OPCW) urged the organization to send the US and Russia's dossiers to the UN Security Council for punitive actions after the two states said they won't comply with their Chemical Weapons Convention (CWC) undertakings.

"Given the fact that the US and Russia as major owners of chemical weapons have officially declared that they cannot eradicate their chemical weapons within the specified deadline (April 29, 2012), this organization should inform the UN Security Council and the General Assembly of their case," Kazzem Gharibabadi said addressing the 66th meeting of the OPCW Executive Council in the Hague, the Netherlands.

Tens of thousands of Iranians were killed and wounded by chemical weapons during the Iraqi imposed war on Iran (1980-1988).

Around 100,000 Iranians are still living with the effects, which include long-term respiratory problems, eye and skin problems as well as immune system disorders, psychological disorders, genetic disorders and cancers.

FNA

Saddam was a pupet and he was helped by those who thought he could take care of Iran.

Iran–Iraq War

The Iran–Iraq War began in 1980 when Iraq attacked Iran. Early in the conflict, Iraq began to employ mustard gas and tabun delivered by bombs dropped from airplanes; approximately 5% of all Iranian casualties are directly attributable to the use of these agents.[citation needed]

Chemical weapons employed by Saddam Hussein killed and injured numerous Iranians, and possibly Iraqis. According to Iraqi documents, assistance in developing chemical weapons was obtained from firms in many countries, including the United States, West Germany, the Netherlands, the United Kingdom, and France.

About 100,000 Iranian soldiers were victims of Iraq's chemical attacks. Many were hit by mustard gas. The official estimate does not include the civilian population contaminated in bordering towns or the children and relatives of veterans, many of whom have developed blood, lung and skin complications, according to the Organization for Veterans. Nerve gas agents killed about 20,000 Iranian soldiers immediately, according to official reports. Of the 80,000 survivors, some 5,000 seek medical treatment regularly and about 1,000 are still hospitalized with severe, chronic conditions

Source

The Chemical Victims of Iran: the forgotten casualties of the Iran-Iraq war

You can find more info using these keywords , Chemical weapon , Saddam , Sardasht , Halabcheh , Shalamcheh .

This thread is about the recent plot against Iran.

They are working hard to take military action against Iran by any mean necessary. There are always reasons , but they just fail to get the result they want.

The blood of those people is on their hand , but they are just trying to justify another attack.

These are the pictures from attack or Sardasht :

edit on 22/11/11 by hmdphantom because: title changed

The thread of mine :

Iran and WMD's , history.
edit on 22/11/11 by hmdphantom because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   

TextThe Bureau recommends an article by Mother Jones reporting that the US government is unable to account for the whereabouts of 16,000kg of weapons-grade nuclear material. The material in question – uranium and plutonium – was distributed to 27 countries over several decades to support ‘peaceful, civilian’ enterprises.
source(www.thebureauinvestigates.com...

There is more to come I think,if something it's building up the question is who is faster!

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

This years Feb 11th is just the 33rd anniversary of the Islamic revolution , there can't be a better date.

I want to see a huge killing.

There can't be a better date to see the Nazi's in Iran

hmdphantom- from Iran.

Thank you ,bob. I hope you bring better news from Iran , the next time.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by hmdphantom
reply to post by OldCorp

This years Feb 11 is just the 33rd anniversary of the Islamic revolution , there can't be a better date.

I want to see a huge killing.

You very well may see a "huge killing" hmdphantom; but I don't think you are going to like who dies.

Ladies and gentlemen behold the Iranian mindset, and then tell me once again how I'm mistaken about their intentions.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

I was just kidding.

take it easy.

I am so poor to live this country until then. So , I will be killed myself.-kidding.

+ I am just one Iranian , I am not Iranian people representative

+ I just know that Israel is seeking reasons to attack Iran.

One day it is Nuclear Weapon
The other day WMD
The other day Human right

The other day they say Saddam left his boot in Iran.

They just want to justify their attack . So , I won't be begging them .

ETA : You have seen me on this website trying to stop warmongering. What made you think I support war ?

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
No offense but why should this be a bigger concern than Iran, Syria, Yemen, or Somali supplying Russian-made missiles to Al-Qaeda? Or for that matter Pakistan or Afghanistan? Al-Qaeda, assuming it's not acting as a CIA front, is not hurting for arms suppliers. You overlook the fact that Libya was posed to make a huge arms deal with Russia, that would have meant more planes and missiles for an entrenched dictator.

Having been a member of the US Navy's weapons department, working with various missile platforms, I have a good idea how much room would be needed for storage, and for there to be 20,000 of these in a single warehouse - that I have my doubts about. There's been no official accounting, one report states Libya had a total of 20,000, that would be some feat for all of them to be stolen from a single location. No mention is made of how many were used by the rebels in fighting Gaddafi. I'm hazarding a guess here, but US satellite surveillance of Libya must have been intense, I can't see any large number of these leaving the country for part unknown. A lot of this is just plain old FUD.

ETA: not directing the above comment at the OP, but the MSM about the missiles. You can paint this anyway you want, a case for war, a case against it, etc. The US isn't the only player in the region, keep in mind Russia has been selling weapons to everyone, and anytime weapons end up in Al-Qaeda's hands, it's always Russian made (and some Iranian-made on occasion)
edit on 22-11-2011 by Blackmarketeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

It is amazing to connect Al-Qaeda to Iran.

You just don't know the rules of game in ME. Al-Qaeda members are Wahhabi , a new sect made in Islam by some UK puppeteers and puppets in the ME.

You can glue Hezbullah to Iran but for Al-Qaeda , no way.

About Wahhabism :

ATS reply here

Deny ignorance.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by hmdphantom
reply to post by OldCorp

I was just kidding.

take it easy.

I am so poor to live this country until then. So , I will be killed myself.-kidding.

+ I am just one Iranian , I am not Iranian people representative

+ I just know that Israel is seeking reasons to attack Iran.

One day it is Nuclear Weapon
The other day WMD
The other day Human right

The other day they say Saddam left his boot in Iran.

They just want to justify their attack . So , I won't be begging them .

ETA : You have seen me on this website trying to stop warmongering. What made you think I support war ?

Actually, I was a bit surprised by your comment. The fact that it fell so neatly in line with the garbage being spewed by IRGC generals kind of threw me.

Over the next couple of weeks viewers will see what it's like to watch a journalist uncover the truth that's not being broadcast on the MSM, or twisted so badly that it bears no resemblance to what actually happened. NEITHER side is blameless in this deadly little drama, there's more than enough blame to go around on this one.

So yes, over the next few weeks I'm going to take on everybody. By the time I'm done, I'll never be able to get on a plane again without a TSA colonoscopy.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

IRGC generals thread was seeking ways to deny ignorance about Israel.

It wasn't being busy viewed , because of many problems in the thread.

BTW I respect your job here and I wish you find confidential sources in the Middle East to inform you.

Believe me , in Middle East people are very ignorant about their governments. Because there has been always tension here , always.

So, diss-information here, is stronger than any piece of the planet.

I wish you find a true source to provide people here with truth.

regards.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Iran So Far Away

reply to post by hmdphantom

The more ATSers we have contributing perspectives from as many different places as possible, the better. I'm glad to have you with us and hope you won't be in any way discouraged from sharing your honest opinions, whatever they may be.

Considering the way things are going, more viewpoints from within Iran are especially important and greatly appreciated. Granted, there will be plenty us ATSers may disagree about, but that's hardly anything new, as I'm sure you know quite well.

Anyway, sorry for the off-topic digression. I just wanted you to know that at least one of your fellow members is very glad to have you as part of our community.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   

On this week's edition of The Truth Is Viral, host Bob Powell investigates what happened to 20,000 shoulder-fired heat-seeking missiles and truck-launched surface-to-surface missiles that were stolen from Libyan armories during the CIA-backed Libyan "Revolution." Many of those missiles have found their way into the hands of Islamic Jihad in the Gaza Strip where they have already been used to strike at Israeli civilians, killing one and wounding several others.

I have questions that may have the answers in the video.

My internet connection is dropping in and out and the vid is choppy and keeps stopping.

How was it verified that the "missing" missiles have shown up in Gaza?

If the verification comes from Gaza ... is that reliable ?

If perhaps, unexploded missiles were recovered in Israel, how does anyone know if they came from Libya ?

Maybe they have serial numbers or lot numbers ?

And, who manufactured those particular missiles ?

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

I can watch video's on YT and the commercials at the beginning of this video, but I can't watch this video for some reason.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen

I have questions that may have the answers in the video.

My internet connection is dropping in and out and the vid is choppy and keeps stopping.

How was it verified that the "missing" missiles have shown up in Gaza?

If the verification comes from Gaza ... is that reliable ?

If perhaps, unexploded missiles were recovered in Israel, how does anyone know if they came from Libya ?

Maybe they have serial numbers or lot numbers ?

And, who manufactured those particular missiles ?

Some were intercepted at the border by Egyptian authorities, some got through. ABC News

DEBKAfile and Islamic Jihad have both said that these missiles are in Gaza now; but the IDF denies it. Islamic Jihad released a video, included in my report, which they say was taken inside Gaza showing the launch of the missiles that killed one Israeli and wounded several others a few weeks ago.

The missiles are Russian-made, but as far as I'm aware no pieces have been recovered that can be traced to a specific shipment.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by kennylee
reply to post by xuenchen

I can watch video's on YT and the commercials at the beginning of this video, but I can't watch this video for some reason.

Try switching browsers or updating your flash. Flash has been picky for me too, on other sites, but it's playing fine for me here.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   
They have just caught a load of spies in Palistine? I wonder if any of those spy`s have just arrived from Lybia? We know that al ciada was an american invention, with Tim Osman running the show. Plus they were there in Lybia even armed and suported by the west, in the the fight to get rid of Gadaffi.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
This is where you have to draw the lines at "news" from the MSM.

Al Qaeda Terror Group: We 'Benefit From' Libyan Weapons

Read that article, and ask yourself - is this a legitimate comment from a real terrorist/organization or is this FUD planted by the intelligence agencies?

I find it highly improbable a real terrorist would make such a prominent announcement of the types of weapons they have and how they got them before they even have a chance to use them. 'Element of surprise' is not a foreign concept to them.

This 'announcement' released by the MSM also came days after the UN security council resolution adopted a resolution telling Libya and it's neighbors to secure these weapons. That only reinforces the notion this terrorist missive is more likely a planted announcement from a dummy CIA front.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

Bob, I got all excited about the Gaddafi video until I watched it and when you claimed that the 'Rebels' made the Pro-Gaddafi soldiers eat their own dead comrade the ACTUAL video clip you showed was of the Libyan Army putting new recruits through the hard yards, WHICH INCLUDED KISSING AND EATING A PIECE OF DEAD DOG NOT ANOTHER SOLDIER.

From that clip alone you put your whole video into disrepute, along with all your other videos. How many more lies have you told?

You cannot be trusted. I believe the whole Gaddafi scenario as you have reported but you discredit yourself.

Especially given your pro-Israel stance.

Poor form.
edit on 22-11-2011 by LightAssassin because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join