It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NZ PM john key allows patent and copywrite laws to be changed, we wont know what hes done for 4 year

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
first of all this thread has two purposes,
it shows that the emergency powers to pass laws under urgency is being abused.
it shows that even in a democracy a single leader can sell his countrys interlectual property and patent rights out to the higest bidder, and we the 99% dont even get to know what the changes are for 4 years.

this is the same man who used the financial crises to enact a law that lets police video tape you in your home,
yet when recoreded in a public place during a media circus, called the police because he expected privacy.

nz hearald

the next law is abserd in a country of food producesrs and the bill smells like it was written by monsanto, farmers will lose the god given right to grow food and now must "apply" for the "right" to grow food or collect and trade seeds.

stuff.c .n

this was not at all in the media, it was keep so quiet and not debated i think because if the people know they would scream "bloody murder" (new zealand expression conveying moral outrage)
no coverage AT ALL untill after it had passed

how in a democracy can john key throw the rights and lives of the 99% directly to the corperate dogs who demand we lose our rights so profits can increase.

nz hearld
we were told that new zealanders would be able to buy shares in the companies and assets to be sold,
but there is a resession in new zealand and we have no money to buy shares in companies built on public money.
the govenemnt says it wont release how it caculated we were all billionairs enought to be shareholders,
and the treasury is being blocked from answer where is this money coming from and how is it mathmatically posable that the very small investment comunity here can achive even a small percent holding in assets we paid for and now have to buy back with no money?

this is how democracy dies a single leader in a back room deal selling our futures and rights away under finacial urgency.

any ideas how to express this is the wrong direction to go in
any one know how to show this as anti democracy

we in new zealand need some support

how can this be considered a free country while in the last 3 years under urgency
we have decimated what it means to be on private property,
what it means to have interlecual property (wont know for four years)
lose the right to grow food sell seeds, sell food
and to even know if the GM food in in each item, it outlaws mandatory GM labeling

xploder

edit on 22-11-2011 by XPLodER because: add sources

edit on 22-11-2011 by XPLodER because: spelling

edit on 22-11-2011 by XPLodER because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-11-2011 by XPLodER because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by XPLodER

The answer is simple really - vote for the Green party.
You don't need to be a rocket scientist to work that out.
But please can you offer some proof on your allegations.

The "teapot tape" incident was a stunt designed to drive a wedge betwen the elelctronic media and the public. You know what - It succeeded.
It showed mainstream media up to be unprincipled.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Sailor Sam

i have added links to source

this guy is a real piece of work,
he is blocking the process of access to the figaurs and claims this is sensitive information and must not be published

wtf?

is this really democracy?

we need an international agreement againt this form of abuse of power,

it is abhorent in a REAL democracy.

xploder

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Sailor Sam

your telling me to vote better next time (will do

but when emergency legislation can be abused in this manner to the degree it has it makes a mockery of the truth of that democracy.

if the media even reported ONCE on what the bill does,
it would have been stoped

xploder

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by XPLodER

You have my support from Canada. Similar things are happening here. I don't know why people even bother calling our countries a "democracy" anymore.

These traitors need to retire.
edit on 22-11-2011 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   
The epidemic is beyond any nation or creed, it cares for neither. We continue to draw swords on one another because of ideologies some many generations deep. A silver lining to that cloud at least your prime minister hasn't signed a deal with a monster whose minions invade your very territory.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

when we are in public we are moniterd for our own safety and to lower crime,
i suggest a bill to place cameras in all offices of all politicians and stream it over the net.

ONE LAW FOR ALL

we are recorded daily every where we go and the police can apply to the courts to record you inside your house,
for the suspicion of wrong doing.

we should have the same right to ensure these guys are working for us.

xploder

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by XPLodER

Xploder, in three days, as you know, we go to the polls.

The things that you describe appear to be exaggerations of the linked reports.

I will be voting for the Greens, not either Labour or Nats, but for my own reasons, not the ones you state.

Also, what copyright law changes has Key (or his government) enacted?

Our political system (and it is a diverse one due to MMP voting system and alliances being forged to attain the balance of power) requires that ALL parties vote to initiate or change any laws, so if changes have been enacted into law, you cannot just blame the Prime Minister.

I just question the timing of your post

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by chr0naut

the questioning is the story i heard about IP or intilectual property and patent laws being changed without any sort of coverage and we can seam to find out what exactly the changes are and how they effect some very delicitte situations in business.

i seek to draw attension to the matter now as this is the first i have heard that will not know the contracts and conditions when appliying for patents copyrite ect.

this not being allowed to know whats in legislation is untill four years after it has been enacted?
i cant find links to the story and only have hearsay at the moment.

but the lack of a responce is defining.

are we in a democracy
am i allowed to know what the conditions of patents are before entering into them?

who does this benifit and how can the uncertanty of the IP wealth of new zealand be "held in limbo" for four years

xploder

top topics

join