It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does anyone know what they really are? Seriously.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
I know we're humans.
I know what we do.
I know our basic function.
I know our needs.
I know where I came from (sort of).
I know what I like and what I don't like.

But even as I know all of that, I still have no idea what I am. I know what others have told me I am, but I've found that that is a misidentification.

I believe that we can't identify ourselves as something and it be what we really are. I believe that at the moment of conceptualizing, the truth fades. I believe we think we can come close to proper identification, but we inevitably always miss the mark. So therefore, any conceptualization about anything only serves to demean the truth of what it is. So what do you say you are? Is this even knowable?

I think it is knowable, but only in the moment. Only when you are where you are in full mind can you see the truth. You won't know what to call it, and calling it anything will distort it, but you will at least see it.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
at the moment we are nothing but earths cancer .

Sure we can speculate if we are a branch of the evolutionary process that turned us into such smart creatures , whom took over the world as our playground and told other species to gtfo

or if its a creation path where the earth was made as our playground .

But we don't have those two answers yet . So here we are as earths cancer destroying her day by day , and scrweing future generations , species , and the sustainablility of earth it self. You know since were messing with the inionsphere and other layers of the amosphere that protect us . Soon the magnetosphere will be messing with too . Untill we someone distrubpt it so bad , that it no longer shields us.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   

I still have no idea what I am.

We are expressions of the single creative force which spawned all of this.
To put it another way... we are "God" getting lost to find ourselves again.

Nothing else to do for eternity... omnipotent existence is boring!

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
this very fundamental question. can not be answered, but can be known.. experienced. If someone tells you and you havent experienced it for yourself you're forced into belief and disbelief. And beliefs are the reason why the majority of the people don't know who they are, the question doesn't even arise within their lifetime. A desire to know the source of your existence is the first step inwards. Even if what someone is telling you it is true, believing in it won't get you closer to experiencing it and knowing it beyond any doubt.
edit on 22-11-2011 by biggmoneyme because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by yourboycal2

damn you're right !!!!!!!!, let`s kill the motherf...s, yhaaaa!

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
I know I am not a "thing", or an "it", and therefore not just a meaning making machine. Therefore my I am, my true self, is without form, and there is evidence, quantum physically, that prior to judgement and evaluation, the choosing self, the free self, is a NON-LOCAL, quantum holographic, phenomenon, and so then we are "the ghost in the machine", the same one as the "spirit of the universe". We are the atma of brahma, the sons of God who's realization/revelation, all creation has been groaning in travail to experience.

“We know that the whole creation has been groaning as in
the pains of childbirth right up to the present time.” Romans 8:22

In other words, we are the furthermost, intrinsic expression of the absolute, who is the fully informed, self aware, Akashic Field or Zero Point Field.

We are a chip off the old old block.

What a marvel!

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan

We are a chip off the old old block.

What a marvel!

Yeah, but what does that even mean? I know we are, but that still doesn't answer the question, "What are we?"
edit on 22-11-2011 by smithjustinb because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   

I don't think that Misanthropy is the answer to the question, or even helpful, because once we come into a full awareness of our true self and identity, not as "things" or as animals or even as meaning making machines (nothing more), but as an outermost and perhaps uppermost expression of an eternal cosmic evolutionary process and spirit of infinite intelligence, will we have the capacity to recognize all life as sacred. Out of that realization, things will begin to transform, with everything included as intended, topped off by man as God's own observer, self aware.

edit on 22-11-2011 by NewAgeMan because: typo

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by smithjustinb

Spirit of the universe, begotten children of God of love who shares all, the alpha and omega. Thou art that. We are "it", we are the universe universing.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

"because once we come into a full awareness of our true self and identity, not as "things" or as animals "

You don't know our true self and identity , heance why i gave him differnt possiblities.

That was my point that we don't know right now .

But our actions on earth clearly point to earths cancer. That is a reaity you can't take away .

Unless of course you know something we don't ? besides your new age fairy tales?

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   

I should have probably just said that we are a true mystery, but one that is knowable via our own felt experience and in our innermost heart of hearts.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   

we are the universe universing.

That's very true. It still doesn't quite reveal who we are though. We are the universe universing, but what is universing? What is the universe? I know that the universe is a diverse collection of stellar and atomic interactions, but that doesn't reveal the nature of it. I know that we humans learn and work and have relationships, but our function still doesn't reveal what exactly we are.

You're right. We are the universe universing, but that still is an incomplete answer with subjective variations of interpretation of what that answer means. Because my identification of truth is different than your identification of truth, then any identification of truth is subjective and therefore, not the truth. The truth has to be objective.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   

I should have probably just said that we are a true mystery, but one that is knowable via our own felt experience and in our innermost heart of hearts.

That's right. That's the only way we'll experience truth.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by biggmoneyme
this very fundamental question. can not be answered, but can be known.. experienced. If someone tells you and you havent experienced it for yourself you're forced into belief and disbelief. And beliefs are the reason why the majority of the people don't know who they are, the question doesn't even arise within their lifetime. A desire to know the source of your existence is the first step inwards. Even if what someone is telling you it is true, believing in it won't get you closer to experiencing it and knowing it beyond any doubt.
edit on 22-11-2011 by biggmoneyme because: (no reason given)

Exactly. So I guess the point of this thread isn't to have an answer. It is create an understanding that there is no conceptual answer. There is only truth in undistorted experience.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   

I choose to be something else, you can be that if you like, or hate your fellow man if you wish it's your choice, your God-given right to believe as you wish.

I think man completes the earth as the highest expression of an eternal cosmic evolutionary process, and crowns it with self awareness.

Yes, there's still much work to do to get there, and to come to know ourselves as we are known. Some of us will participate in that, others will refuse according to a more nihilistic POV.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
For me, there is nothing more satisfying than truth. I have been on ATS nearly everyday for probably over a year, looking for the truth, because the truth is my utmost pleasure. But, now its becoming clearer and clearer that the truth is not on ATS. The truth is within.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

I don't have to hate my fellow man to call him as a cancer of earth do i ? Can i not make the philosophical observaton and say we don't know our true paths ? but as for what i see now man is doing alot of damage to earth , and its pure cancerous .

Or does the new age book paint me black and white ? either with us or against us ?

Sorry , Untill i know the true merit of man. I will not draw conclusions , but will make observations , But please leave the word hate out of it . Its such a negative word , and takes alot to truly hate. How about not in favor? Dislike? but hate... no.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Explanation: S&F!

Personal Disclosure: One word ... OBSERVERS!

P.S. And yes that is a technical quantum mechanics term for god within GOD.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   

What would earth be withOUT man..? Or the universe itself?

edit on 22-11-2011 by NewAgeMan because: typo

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
I'm a small aspect of something greater than myself. Part of something that is both concrete and abstract, both essential and accidental, both matter and perception with no beginning and no end.

My question would not be "what are we", my question would be "what are you waiting for?"

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join