It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arab states, Turkey and US plan 'No-Fly Zone' over Syria

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 04:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

israel and turkey. Assad sure would .But what russia and usa will do is the most worrisome.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 05:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by hmdphantom
reply to post by xuenchen

Not true. In Iran people are very supporting their leader. There is a little minority shouting "US , liberate us"

Yes,

I agree.

Iran may be hardest to "convert" the majority.

Iran has a better historical record of cohesion.

TPTB must exercise more detail.

Iran has transferred a lot of wealth out of the country.

Perhaps the citizens there need to take a closer look at why all those "frozen" assets were placed in harms way in the first place.

Iran's people may never see that money ever again.

Time to double-check your leadership, and your bank accounts.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 05:45 AM
link   
China opposes expanded sanctions against Iran

China FM: Sanctions will not solve, but rather complicate, the Iranian nuclear issue; says tension not conducive to regional peace and stability.

Turkey President Gul: Syria has reached 'point of no return'

Gul discusses of Turkey's 'enormous efforts in public and behind closed doors' to convince Syria's leadership to lead a democratic transition.

Russia warns West against 'unacceptable' sanctions on Iran

Iran condemns sanctions targeting financial sector as 'futile, repetitious efforts' and a 'show of hostility' by Western nations.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 07:42 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by milkyway12
Where do you keep getting killing innocent children and families? What kind of excuse is that.

They wont be killed unless the Iranian armed forces uses them as human shields. Which they probably will.

It is the west's job to ensure the west's security. Its not going to happen if radical countries in the middle east getting nukes and threatening nuclear stability.

America is not going to randomly launch a nuke at some one. Russia will not randomly launch a nuke at some one. China will not randomly launch a nuke at some one. South Korea will not randomly launch a nuke at some one. Great Brits will not randomly launch a nuke at some one.

Radical Muslims that says to behead the infidels that do not believe , will launch a nuke and are threatening to launch a missile to wipe Israel off the face of the map and desire it to be the one world religion through militaristic means and killing you if you dont convert

As we are seeing in several other countries NOW slaughtering the Christians. Christians arnt slaughtering the Muslims atm. Muslims are slaughtering Christians.

I am Christian ..... and i will fight. The New Testament tells us to convert through words , not wiping out nations. The Old Testament was due or die. There was no peace until you conquered the enemies that threatened you. They wanted Territory.

Now all we want is peace and stability , and the Middle East and Muslims are a constant threat to the West.

America is the country with the proven track record of launching Nukes at another country.
As well as depleted uranion amunisitions.

IMO, there cannot be "RANDOM" launchings of nuclear weapons as they are precisely timed to FIT into the field position of the sun.
gravitor

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by milkyway12

This is also one of the reasons we should attack Iran , and allow the people to take over the government and let them mess it up again or let them fix it. if they want our help great ; if not then see ya. You are now disarmed of nuclear power / potential nukes. Good luck.

OK.

You first, then I will follow.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by ludwigvonmises003
reply to post by mobiusmale

are you crazy? What makes you think that this will happen? Already russian political opposition parties like NBP and LDPR are calling for nuclear strikes on west if NATO invades syria.

Are you that crazy you desire full scale thermonuclear war....

What makes me think what will happen?

Please provide us with a link that discusses this threat to use nuclear weapons against NATO. I have seen nothing about this.

IMO, there is no way that Russia would precipitate a global thermonuclear war (which would leave it in ruins) just to protect Mr. Assaud.

Now that would be crazy.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by StarPeace
It's not going to happen.

Also Doubt that's a legit source.
edit on 22-11-2011 by StarPeace because: (no reason given)

I'm afraid that it definately is going to happen, the dynamic of western policies absolutely hinges on Assad
leaving power. Infact it is crucial,so to stop Iran carving a wedge from their borders of Afghanistan alway through Iraq
to Syria. The Arab league as much as the Western powers will do anything to stop this.

The alternative is live with this new dynamic or go to war.

War maybe unavoidable anyway.But don't be under any illusion that this is about sabre rattling .It is not , it is the most serious crisis of our time.

If Syria falls without any interational crisis, then Iran is finished. That may bring on another international crisis of it's own.

My personal view is by spring next year, we will be in a new era, for good or for worse i do not know.
edit on 23-11-2011 by rigel4 because: (no reason given)

This article may help you be convinced of the severity of the situation.

business-standard.com... alancepower-inmiddle-east-/456496/
edit on 23-11-2011 by rigel4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   

My personal view is by spring next year, we will be in a new era, for good or for worse i do not know

You have said more truth in that one sentance then you can imagine... by June.
edit on 23-11-2011 by ElohimJD because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Arab League breaks habit, turns on Syria

www.vancouversun.com...

A No-Fly Zone in Syria?

spectator.org...

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
New sources reporting this...

Report: Plan for Syrian airspace closure completed

European sources in Washington have stated that the plan to close Syrian airspace has been completed. According to reports in Kuwait's Al-Rai newspaper, the plan will be carried out by Arab and maybe even Turkish fighter jets with US supplied logistical assistance.

Reports claim that the purpose of the closure is to paralyze Syrian military movement and follow the Presidential Palace, military command and intelligence activities. "The Syrian military can be paralyzed in less than 24 hours," sources noted.

www.ynetnews.com...

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   
The no-fly zone over Syria seems more and more BS (for now) since the only action the arab league is talking about is sanctions next week...

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by CALGARIAN
New sources reporting this...

Report: Plan for Syrian airspace closure completed

European sources in Washington have stated that the plan to close Syrian airspace has been completed. According to reports in Kuwait's Al-Rai newspaper, the plan will be carried out by Arab and maybe even Turkish fighter jets with US supplied logistical assistance.

Reports claim that the purpose of the closure is to paralyze Syrian military movement and follow the Presidential Palace, military command and intelligence activities. "The Syrian military can be paralyzed in less than 24 hours," sources noted.

www.ynetnews.com...

I wonder to what extent the Syrian air force is aiding their military in the current crisis?

Who else flying over Syria is contributing to the chaos ?

How would a no fly zone help to "follow the Presidential Palace, military command and intelligence activities." ?

Sounds like this is more double talk mumbo jumbo from Ynet ?

edit on Nov-24-2011 by xuenchen because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join