It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arab states, Turkey and US plan 'No-Fly Zone' over Syria

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Arab states, Turkey and US plan 'No-Fly Zone' over Syria

www.albawaba.com

Senior European sources said that Arab jet fighters, and possibly Turkish warplanes, backed by American logistic support will implement a no fly zone in Syria's skies, after the Arab League will issue a decision, under its Charter, calling for the protection of Syrian civilians.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Here it begins...

When US/NATO/UN doesn't do anything public out-cry to help the Syrians is outlined in the media (4000 estimated killed thus far) and when they do step up, which appears what they are doing, there will be even more out-cry. Damned if you do and Damned if you don't.

Not that the Libyan Army was a "push over". Syria intervention will only re-unite the military and possibly the people against NATO (Just a guess)

Wonder what those dozen Russian ships in the region, sent a few years ago and a few as recently as last week, will have to say?
edit on 22-11-2011 by CALGARIAN because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Wow talk about not caring about consequences. NATO is increasingly becoming the major enforcer of the elites. Guess they learned from the huge backlash of the Iraq and Afghan wars. They saw how smoothly Libya went as far as little to no public opposition (thanks media). China, Russia and Iran will not play that. Is there enough insanity in the world already...no I guess not here's WW3.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

Sorry. But I am tired of all the recent diss-information.

Can you provide us a better source ?

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   
IF true, this is how it began in Libya.
Here we go again..........................
edit on 22-11-2011 by CosmicCitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by hmdphantom

Agreed, this article cites zero sources. It claims the information came from a "European source", no names are given.

FUD and disinformation are running rampant on the Web, without a source, that's all this is.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by hmdphantom

As I told you a few days ago in another thread...Syria is next up in the rotation.

After that...Iran.

Now that Libya has been dealt with, this is on. Turkey's political figures have been making it very clear over the past few days that they are about to step in...so I would say that this source it not likely very far off of the mark.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by mobiusmale

I know , but they are not much predictable.

I think that we should find undeniable sources to rely on. For example official sources.

I know that this is an information war. We should find our defense to stand till the last moment. otherwise we will fail to deny ignorance and we will be hopeless.

Thank you for replying.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
It's not going to happen.

Also Doubt that's a legit source.
edit on 22-11-2011 by StarPeace because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   

www.businessweek.com...

www.syriaonline.sy...

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Free Syrian Army Seeks No-Fly Zone, Vows to Reach Palace

www.businessweek.com...

"A detailed plan of that envisaged intervention was published in Turkey’s Sabah newspaper on the day of Shaqfa’s comments. According to Sabah, an intervention plan was put forth by ‘oppositional forces’. Its details include a limited no-fly-zone that progressively widened to include major Syrian provinces and a blockade of the city of Aleppo in the north (Sabah, November 17)."

www.onislam.net...

edit on 22-11-2011 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   
In this modern day and age of knowledge and reasoning , and the woven factor of nations to rely on each other. No nations government should be permitted to kill its citizens under any circumstance.

The Nations should come to the rescue of the nation that is being persecuted by its government ..... and the people should be allowed a second chance to reform their government in a way the people see fit of that nation.

Its our duty not to allow civilians to be killed by its military forces or police force.

This is also one of the reasons we should attack Iran , and allow the people to take over the government and let them mess it up again or let them fix it. if they want our help great ; if not then see ya. You are now disarmed of nuclear power / potential nukes. Good luck.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PS:!

If drug cartels or the Mexican government backed the drug cartels in firing missiles on our border towns to that country. Do you not think we would not invade this country like a bat out of hell?

Why would you expect Israel not to do the same? Hell they are being 1000 fold more lenient than the United States would be. We would invade Mexico and destroy anything that looked like it was a threat and ask questions later ....
edit on 04/30/2011 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
NATO bombing will kill more people than Assad's regime.

You better believe that.

Syria is about to get "liberated".

Just another stepping stone on the way to Iran.
edit on 22-11-2011 by Corruption Exposed because: syria

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by milkyway12
In this modern day and age of knowledge and reasoning , and the woven factor of nations to rely on each other. No nations government should be permitted to kill its citizens under any circumstance.

The Nations should come to the rescue of the nation that is being persecuted by its government ..... and the people should be allowed a second chance to reform their government in a way the people see fit of that nation.

Its our duty not to allow civilians to be killed by its military forces or police force.

This is also one of the reasons we should attack Iran , and allow the people to take over the government and let them mess it up again or let them fix it. if they want our help great ; if not then see ya. You are now disarmed of nuclear power / potential nukes. Good luck.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PS:!

If drug cartels or the Mexican government backed the drug cartels in firing missiles on our border towns to that country. Do you not think we would not invade this country like a bat out of hell?

Why would you expect Israel not to do the same? Hell they are being 1000 fold more lenient than the United States would be. We would invade Mexico and destroy anything that looked like it was a threat and ask questions later ....
edit on 04/30/2011 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

Why is it the Wests job? How about we start disarming our own nukes before invading other countries to disarm them. I hate that *any* country has nukes but we have no right to invade another country for our own goals and we have no right to judge who in the world has what. So we should attack Iran? Kill innocent children and families, for what? So you can feel a little bit safer?
edit on 22-11-2011 by OwenGP185 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Where do you keep getting killing innocent children and families? What kind of excuse is that.

They wont be killed unless the Iranian armed forces uses them as human shields. Which they probably will.

It is the west's job to ensure the west's security. Its not going to happen if radical countries in the middle east getting nukes and threatening nuclear stability.

America is not going to randomly launch a nuke at some one. Russia will not randomly launch a nuke at some one. China will not randomly launch a nuke at some one. South Korea will not randomly launch a nuke at some one. Great Brits will not randomly launch a nuke at some one.

Radical Muslims that says to behead the infidels that do not believe , will launch a nuke and are threatening to launch a missile to wipe Israel off the face of the map and desire it to be the one world religion through militaristic means and killing you if you dont convert

As we are seeing in several other countries NOW slaughtering the Christians. Christians arnt slaughtering the Muslims atm. Muslims are slaughtering Christians.

I am Christian ..... and i will fight. The New Testament tells us to convert through words , not wiping out nations. The Old Testament was due or die. There was no peace until you conquered the enemies that threatened you. They wanted Territory.

Now all we want is peace and stability , and the Middle East and Muslims are a constant threat to the West.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
All these countries are undergoing changes to set the stage for a Mediterranean Union.

Iran may be included also.

The current leaderships will not get support from the citizens ... hence the "changes".

All the countries will appear to "stabilize" as soon as all of them are "overthrown".

Turmoil will continue everywhere and the only solution will be an orginized union.

The new formation will need leaderships that are popular with the citizens.

Look for a possible central leader and/or a council after all the countries fall in line.

from Feb 2008 ...

The Middle East and North Africa are in the process of being divided into spheres of influence between the European Union and the United States. Essentially the division of the Middle East and North Africa are between Franco-German and Anglo-American interests. There is a unified stance within NATO in regards to this re-division.

While on the surface Iraq falls within the Anglo-American orbit, the Eastern Mediterranean and its gas resources have been set to fall into the Franco-German orbit. In fact the Mediterranean region as a whole, from Morocco and gas-rich Algeria to the Levant is coveted by Franco-German interests, but there is more to this complex picture than meets the eye.

Unknown to the global public, several milestone decisions have been made to end Franco-German and Anglo-American squabbling that will ultimately call for joint management of the spoils of war. Franco-German and Anglo-American interests are converging into one. The reality of the situation is that the area ranging from Mauritania to the Persian Gulf and Afghanistan will be shared by America, Britain, France, Germany, and their allies. ...

long article, but it has some points.

Dividing the Middle East and North Africa

edit on Nov-22-2011 by xuenchen because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   

reply to post by mobiusmale

I know , but they are not much predictable.

I think that we should find undeniable sources to rely on. For example official sources.

I know that this is an information war. We should find our defense to stand till the last moment. otherwise we will fail to deny ignorance and we will be hopeless.

Thank you for replying.

Look, I know this is stressful and distressful, but I think at this point most people can see what is going to happen. Regarding Libya, the U.S. and NATO waited for the people to call out for help...for an internal resistance to form...and for an Arab League call for action.

We have gone through the same steps in Syria now...and Libya's Regime has been toppled, freeing up resources...and so now it is Assaud's turn to be forced out of office. The West - and Turkey taking the lead is a whole lot more palatable than America doing so - will take out Syria's air and naval capabilities, and will strike any ground forces that try to move.

Syrian nationals will do the heavy lifting, and will push the current ruling party (family) out...with logistical, and military support from NATO.

And I believe quite strongly that once this is settled, Iran will be next.

The difference with Iran, IMO, is that it will likely be a two-step process (much like it was with Iraq). If Israel's neighbours weigh in, in retaliation to the initial strikes on Iran's nuclear facilities (it does not matter whether or not these are indeed for peaceful purposes), it is possible they will be dealt with extremely harshly.

I do believe that within a few short years, the entire corridor from Turkey through Afghanistan will be allied with the West...and then Pakistan, sandwiched with India, will be forced to again lean toward the West (ie.will need to abandon any tolerance for Islamic extremism).

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join