It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Monsanto *is* The Federal Government - The Venn Diagram

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by ofhumandescent
reply to post by Jason88

Cannot recommend this book highly enough, it's called Corporatism by Jeffrey Grupp.

Thanks for the info, and monster image of these corporations.
Adding that book to my Amazon account. Thanks again.
edit on 23-11-2011 by Jason88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Incredible stuff.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shirak
A law needs to be passed that while fulfilling a Government appointment one cannot moonlight in the private industry. There should be a ban on working for any company you have helped lobby-through benefits for 5 years after your government appointment. this would help curb the rife corruption which is going on at the moment IMO

That is so true! During Monsanto's appeal for their case about getting GMO alfalfa out, the judge presiding over the court case used to work for Monsanto! I mean COME ON!

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   

edit on 23-11-2011 by rigel4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeRoy1968
My question is, "What do we do about it?" I am sharing your diagrams
They just make sense, but again, What do we do about it?
Thank You for stating the obvious so clearly.

Aside from the classic things to do, I personally think the best thing to do is - as they say - vote with your pocketbook. Regardless of their power, gov't ties, etc., etc., it's all about money, specifically them selling things to us. If no one BOUGHT it, you can bet they would lose power very quickly.

Take one of their biggest current activities: GMOs. Don't buy them! Yes, it's TONS of work at first because it means completely changing your entire diet, since in North America, GMOs contaminate 80% of store-bought food products. But screw it - I for one, refuse to contribute to their wealth or power, so now, I make most food myself. And anything I buy from the store I read the ingredients first. Simply put, if it contains ANY: soy, corn, canola or cottonseed products of any sort, I don't buy it. Most of the actual produce is unaffected - buying vegetables isn't much of a problem except for corn, and 4 or 5 other ones that have recently been approved. The main GMO crops are corn, soy and canola, but those things are in EVERYTHING from desserts, to soups, frozen dinners - frigging EVERYTHING!

So yes, it's a bit of work, but I'm used to it now. I also visit farmer's markets and try to buy all organic since even the non-GMO produce is sprayed often enough with Roundup. I sign every petition to do with Monsanto's corrupted court cases, etc., etc.

But if everyone or many people refused to EAT this crap, exactly how much money would it make them?

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Also - if you can, sign THIS petition - if it goes through, mandatory GMO labeling in California would go through, and it would only be a matter of time before many other states follow.
organicconsumers.org..." target="_blank" class="postlink">organicconsumers.org...

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Not sure this has been brought up here yet... But monsanto makes the weed killer "round-up" a product that has been linked to birth defects and misscarrages around the world. It really should be banned but because the people who run the company happen to be our elected officals, I don't ever see that happening. To much money to be had even if it puts people and there kids at risk. Ok back to sipping my kool-aid.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join