It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Monsanto *is* The Federal Government - The Venn Diagram

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+58 more 
posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Following up on yesterday's successful post titled, Goldman Sachs *is* the Federal Government - The Venn Diagram, today we see how easily rich, controversial companies infiltrate the Federal Government in the form of food manipulator, Monsanto.

Why is Monsanto bad? Its Dr. Frankenstein, and its genetically modified food products and corporate ethics are the monster. It's a toxic company that pollutes the food pool for a massive profit under the guise of advancement in food quality, sustainability and agriculture. Farmers in middle America fear this company*.

Interesting to note that in this diagram it appears Monsanto falls in with the democrats (mostly), whereas yesterday we saw Goldman Sachs infiltrates all levels of each political party.

*Monsanto’s Harvest of Fear
www.vanityfair.com...

ETA: In the Goldman Sachs thread, a poster notes these companies form an octopus that is the shadow government that Bill Clinton mentioned. I think we can contain this evil octopus by first finding all its tentacles, and then making sure we vote for politicians not associated with these companies in any way.
edit on 22-11-2011 by Jason88 because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Jason88

stars and flag. Monsanto is in my opinion possibly the greatest threat to humanity in the history of the world. They have their filthy hands in everything that can feed us as well as kill us and they have all the friends in the world that can and will protect them. I believe they are a owned and operated by the forces of hell on earth..

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   
What might be the explanation for the figures mentioned in your diagram to be so overwhelmingly workers for Clinton and Obama, and Democrat?

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Jason88

Let's see Cisco, Lucent, ATT, GDIT etc. I would love to see those. Lots of military big wigs.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

If I had to guess: Hillary Clinton. It starts there.

She was their lead counsel at a 3rd party firm, and Monsanto is known as the "seed police." Meaning, they take litigation very seriously in protecting their seed patents so lawyers play a huge role in Monsanto's business structure.

Around the same time that Bill Clinton took office, the company was re-branding itself from a chemical company to a food modifier. During that billion dollar process it sure would be handy to have their top lawyer in the White House. Wink wink.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Jason88

Dear Jason88,

Thanks for replying. That's an extremely plausible explanation and I'm willing to accept it as the correct one. Thanks for doing the research.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
A law needs to be passed that while fulfilling a Government appointment one cannot moonlight in the private industry. There should be a ban on working for any company you have helped lobby-through benefits for 5 years after your government appointment. this would help curb the rife corruption which is going on at the moment IMO

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Shirak

There's got to be some regulation. I'm all for free markets, and free will, but people "gaming" the political system for more money and power must be regulated. That's a good idea. Introduce regulation on pre-entry terms before one can transition from the private sector into the public service sector. Place the bar just a little higher for political applicants.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
My question is why so many people in the U.S. are not protesting this corporatist government we have now?

Democracy is a sham if corporations pay for campaigns and get special favors, can influence laws and regulations.. and essentially buy our "representatives" in government.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Drezden
My question is why so many people in the U.S. are not protesting this corporatist government we have now?

Democracy is a sham if corporations pay for campaigns and get special favors, can influence laws and regulations.. and essentially buy our "representatives" in government.

Or become our "representatives" in government either directly or through influence. I think you nailed the central premise, it's not just corporate money in government, it's the freaking government that is a sick tentacled corporation.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Just randomly googling a name that has really interesting historical roots, Fisher.

Linda J Fisher

Linda J. Fisher is a Vice President Safety, Health and Environment and Chief Sustainability Officer of DuPont.[1][2] When working for the United States Environmental Protection Agency she was Deputy Administrator;[3] Assistant Administrator - Office of Prevention, Pesticides and Toxic Substances; Assistant Administrator - Office of Policy, Planning and Evaluation; and Chief of Staff to the EPA Administrator.[4] She was also Vice President of Government Affairs for Monsanto Company, a pesticide and biotechnology corporation. Fisher was also "Of Counsel" with the law firm, Latham & Watkins.

She is working for DuPont as well.

This spiderweb goes deep and gets really complicated fast.

This is how the "Revolving Door" works, while she "Wears many hats".

She worked with the EPA as an Administrator overseeing Pesticides and Toxic substances, yet look she also worked for Monsanto and now works for DuPont. --- The biggest profiteers from Pesticides and Toxic substances!

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

My god, maybe she's just a hipster trying to be ironic. This is scary that they can place themselves in areas of government that are supposed to regulate the corporation they go work for.
edit on 11/22/2011 by Drezden because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Fisher. Wow! I want to believe people are basically good. I really want to. But, how the hell can she represent the peoples interests? She was-is-was a lawyer protecting corporate interests concerning profitability at any cost. Seriously, how does she navigate two different worlds so easily without a thought for the other while she's occupying another.

I don't think she does. She's taken Monsanto's interests and helped them skirt laws to keep producing dangerous and illegal chemicals and seed products - her help makes it "legal".

Thanks for the research, Muzzleflash. I'm hitting this list now too... see where the rabbit hole goes.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   
I remember seeing this awhile back

www.organicconsumers.org...

Monsanto and G.W. Bush Administration: Who Will Own the Store?

January 21, 2001 T
HE PELICAN BRIEF John Grisham wrote the suspense novel.
Julia Roberts and Denzel Washington starred in the blockbuster movie.

THE STORY Two supreme court justices are assassinated so that an evil oil billionaire can petition the president to appoint environmentally unfriendly justices to America's highest court. It's all about politics, multi-national firms, and dollars.

TODAY'S PELICAN BRIEF Life imitates art. Here's a jigsaw puzzle, and this column provides the pieces. The finished work merges two art forms, combining political influence with political power. You'll be amazed.

THE SCOOP Many of you wrote to me...requesting a list of PAC donations made by Monsanto.
Interesting thing has occurred...Nearly one-billion dollars were spent on the elections, and Monsanto is aware that they are under the microscope. Do they stop giving, or do they give in different forms that are not easily observed?

THE PLOT THICKENS During the 2000 election cycle, Monsanto gave a total of only $63,350 to Congress...on the record. Nobody will ever know what amounts were invested in the form of soft money, cash money, party favors, and gifts.

The $63,350 paid to 435 members of Congress, and 100 members of the Senate averages out to $118 per member. Sure. I believe that.

The man receiving the SECOND highest total dollars from Monsanto was Larry Combest (R-TX).
He got $2000. Combest is the powerful chairman of the House Agriculture Committee.
Who got the most from Monsanto?

The winner of the Monsanto sweepstakes with $10,000 was: John Ashcroft, (R-MO). Ever hear of the man? You will in the coming weeks during the Senate's confirmation hearings. Now...for those of you who are not regular readers of the notmilk column, let's review the Bush/Monsanto connection.

First. Monsanto's lawyer was appointed to the Supreme Court by George Bush, Sr. The deciding swing vote giving the election to George, Jr. was made by Clarence Thomas, Esq.

Second. Donald Rumsfeld, Secretary of Defense (missing text...) purchased by Monsanto.

Third. Ann Veneman, Secretary of Agriculture was on the board of directors of Calgene Pharmaceuticals, purchased by Monsanto.

Fourth. Tommy Thompson, Secretary of Health was a supporter of Monsanto in Wisconsin. He received $50,000 from Biotech firms is his election run, and used state funds to set up a a $317 million dollar biotech zone in Wisconsin.

Fifth. Mitch Daniels, Director of the Office of Management and Budget. Daniels was the vice president of corporate strategy at Eli Lilly Pharmaceutical company. Eli Lilly and Monsanto developed the genetically engineered bovine growth hormone. Lilly "owns" the European "franchise." Daniels presence insures that the bovine growth hormone will one day be approved for use in Europe.

Sixth. Last, but not least. John Ashcroft, Attorney General. Winner of the Monsanto PAC sweepstakes.
What will America's prize be? Robert Cohen

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Why are you selecting only Dems to put on this list? You seem to be avoiding the number of Republicans who qualify - some more than these Dems - for inclusion in this diagram.

John Bachmann was the chairman of the Chamber of Commerce under Bush, which was a heavy donor to the GOP and he is also a board member of Monsanto;
John Bachmann, Monsanto Board Member, Hides Position from US Chamber of Commerce

Donald Rumsfeld (R) (no need to say who this guy is) - board member of Monsanto, CEO of Searle which was sold to Monsanto earning him 12 million (link)

The biggest omission from your list:

Justice Clarence Thomas - Supreme Court Justice appointed by Bush
Justice Clarence Thomas worked as an attorney for Monsanto in the 1970s. Thomas wrote the majority opinion in the 2001 Supreme Court decision J. E. M. Ag Supply, Inc. v. Pioneer Hi-Bred International, Inc.|J. E. M. AG SUPPLY, INC. V. PIONEER HI-BREDINTERNATIONAL, INC.[115] which found that "newly developed plant breeds are patentable under the general utility patent laws of the United States." This case benefitted all companies which profit from genetically modified crops, of which Monsanto is the largest.

Thomas has also ruled in FAVOR of Monsanto, in a case he clearly should have recused himself from.

I think omitting Judge Clarence Thomas and Donald Rumsfield alone shows a heavy partisan motivation behind this post. An ACCURATE diagram would show the Republican connections as well.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   
She seems like one of the good guys; a health and transparency focused advocate.

Carol Tucker-Foreman

Carol L. Tucker-Foreman, distinguished fellow in food policy at Consumer Federation of America, has had a major influence on food policy in the U.S. over the past 30 years. As assistant secretary of agriculture for food and consumer services in the Carter Administration she led the successful campaigns to pass food stamp reform legislation and publish the first Dietary Guidelines for Americans. In 1986 she founded the Safe Food Coalition, a group of consumer, public health and trade union organizations that work to strengthen U.S. food safety policies. The group played a major role in persuading the USDA to adopt modern inspection methods to reduce foodborne illness.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jason88
reply to post by Shirak

There's got to be some regulation. I'm all for free markets, and free will, but people "gaming" the political system for more money and power must be regulated. That's a good idea. Introduce regulation on pre-entry terms before one can transition from the private sector into the public service sector. Place the bar just a little higher for political applicants.

I had to sign a contract like this when I started work for a Telecommunications manufacturer years ago. It was to stop corruption and taking secrets to the higher paying job next door.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jason88

Fisher. Wow! I want to believe people are basically good. I really want to. But, how the hell can she represent the peoples interests? She was-is-was a lawyer protecting corporate interests concerning profitability at any cost. Seriously, how does she navigate two different worlds so easily without a thought for the other while she's occupying another.

I don't think she does. She's taken Monsanto's interests and helped them skirt laws to keep producing dangerous and illegal chemicals and seed products - her help makes it "legal".

Thanks for the research, Muzzleflash. I'm hitting this list now too... see where the rabbit hole goes.

I will not question the motives of someone I do not know she could have integrity for all I know but I don't The issue here is that this is a clear conflict of interest. Sure this example may have the chops and intel to understand the industry yet it seems by this information that she is working for the very industry she is there to help regulate on behalf of the people...

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   
This is the list the OP would obviously prefer you not know about, otherwise he would have included it on his little Venn diagram. Going through the list of Monsanto executives top to bottom, you'll see many more Republicans than Dems.

Notable persons "who's who" database is here:
www.nndb.com...

Monsanto Executives, current board members, past board members, etc.;
www.nndb.com...

Donald K. Bandler
AKA Donald Keith Bandler
www.nndb.com...
US State Department Head of Political-Military Affairs, Paris, France (1985-89) - REAGAN
US State Department Coordinator, Conference on Security & Cooperation in Europe (1983-85) - REAGAN

Arnold W. Donald
www.nndb.com...
Bush-Cheney '04 (PAC)
George W. Bush for President (PAC)

Juanita H. Hinshaw
www.nndb.com...
Bush-Cheney '04 (PAC)
John McCain 2008 (PAC)
Romney for President (PAC)

Robert B. Shapiro
www.nndb.com...
Searle Pharmaceuticals Chairman & CEO, Nutrasweet (1982-85) - Under Rumsfield
Searle Pharmaceuticals General Counsel (1979-82) - Under Rumsfield
Bilderberg Group
Been serving under gov. councils since Nixon.

John W. Bachmann
www.nndb.com...
Party Affiliation: Republican
Bill Bradley for President (PAC)
Bush-Cheney '04 (PAC)
Dreier for Congress Committee (PAC)
Financial Industry Regulatory Authority Board of Governors
Friends of Senator D'Amato 1998 Committee (PAC)
Gephardt for President (PAC)
Leadership PAC 2006
National Association of Securities Dealers Board of Directors
National Republican Congressional Committee
US Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors

Gwendolyn S. King
www.nndb.com...
Commissioner of Social Security, 1989-92 - appointed by REAGAN
White House Staff Deputy Assistant to the President (1986-88) - REAGAN
Bush-Cheney '04 (PAC)

William U. Parfet
www.nndb.com...
Bush-Cheney '04 (PAC)

George H. Poste
www.nndb.com...
US Defense Department Defense Science Board - 2004, BUSH
Council on Foreign Relations

William Ruckelshaus
William RuckelshausAKA William Doyle Ruckelshaus
www.nndb.com...
US EPA Administrator (1983-85, second term, invited by James Baker) - REAGAN
US Deputy Attorney General (1973) - NIXON
US EPA Administrator (1970-73) - NIXON
US Justice Department Assistant Attorney General (1969-70) - NIXON
Council on Foreign Relations Board Member
Kay Bailey Hutchison for Senate (PAC)
Watergate Scandal Refused to fire Archibald Cox, was replaced by Robert Bork

John M. Berra
www.nndb.com...
Bush-Cheney '04 (PAC)
John McCain 2008 (PAC)

Jeffrey E. Curtiss
www.nndb.com...
Bush-Cheney '04 (PAC)
John McCain 2008 (PAC)
Kay Bailey Hutchison for Senate (PAC)

Ray R. Irani
www.nndb.com...
US Official Secretary of Energy Advisory Board
John McCain 2008 (PAC)
McCain 2000 (PAC)

Alan D. Lourie
AKA Alan David Lourie
www.nndb.com...
US Court of Appeals, Federal Circuit - BUSH
US Appeals Court Judge, Federal Circuit (1990-) - BUSH

S. Jay Stewart
www.nndb.com...

Clarence Thomas
Clarence ThomasAKA Clarence P. Thomas
www.nndb.com...
Executive summary: US Supreme Court Justice - BUSH
US Supreme Court Justice Justice (1991-) - BUSH
US Appeals Court Judge, DC Circuit (1990-91) - BUSH
Equal Employment Opportunity Commission Chairman (1982-90) - REAGAN
US Education Department Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights (1981-82) - REAGAN
Congressional Staff Legislative Assistant to John Danforth (1979-81) - REAGAN

Larry D. Thompson
AKA Larry Dean Thompson
www.nndb.com...
US Attorney Northern District, Georgia (1982-86)
Bush-Cheney '04 (PAC)
John McCain 2008 (PAC)
National Center for State Courts Board of Directors
US Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors - BUSH

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   
continued:

Ken Duberstein
Ken DubersteinAKA Kenneth M. Duberstein
www.nndb.com...
Executive summary: Reagan's Chief of Staff, 1988-89

A Deputy Secretary of Labor under President Gerald Ford, Duberstein became an aide to Ronald Reagan for legislative issues in 1981, becoming Deputy Chief of Staff in 1987, then Reagan's final White House Chief of Staff, succeeding Howard Baker. He was later a political advisor to Senator John McCain.

In addition to his advisorial capacity, Duberstein is Chairman and CEO of the influential lobbying firm Duberstein Group. Among their clients is Monsanto, for which they lobbied to remove the "Delaney Clause", a restriction on introducing known carcinogens into processed foods sold to consumers.

The Duberstein Group CEO (consulting, 1989-)
White House Chief of Staff (1988-89)
White House Deputy Chief of Staff (1987-88)
Timmons & Company VP (1984-86)
White House Staff Assistant to the President, Legislative Affairs (1981-83)
Congressional Staff to Sen. Jacob K. Javits
US Official Dir. of Congressional and Intergovernmental Affairs (Ford administration)
Americans for a Republican Majority
Ashcroft 2000
Brookings Institution Board Member
Bush-Cheney '04
Bush-Quayle '88
Bush-Quayle '92
Campaign America Inc.
Campaign for America's Future
Cantor for Congress
Committee to Elect Lindsey Graham
Council on Foreign Relations Board of Directors
DeMint for Senate Committee
Elizabeth Dole Committee
Every Republican is Crucial PAC
Friends of George Allen
Friends of Joe Lieberman
Friends of Newt Gingrich
Friends of Roy Blunt
Friends of Senator D'Amato 1998 Committee
Hudson Institute Trustee Emeritus
John McCain 2008
Kay Bailey Hutchison for Senate
Keep Our Mission PAC
Kennedy Center Honorary Trustee
Lindsey Graham for Senate
McCain 2000
McCain for Senate '98
McCain-Palin Victory 2008
National Alliance to End Homelessness Board of Directors
National Center for Democracy Board of Directors
National Endowment for Democracy Board of Directors
National Republican Congressional Committee
National Republican Senatorial Committee
New Republican Majority Fund
Northern Lights PAC
Partnership for Public Service Board of Governors
Pioneer PAC
Republican National Committee
Santorum 2000
Santorum 2006
Straight Talk America
Tom Delay Congressional Committee
Trilateral Commission

Michael Fumento
AKA Michael Aaron Fumento
www.nndb.com...
Executive summary: Conservative science writer
Writes a bunch of skewed science articles promoting Monsanto's frankenfoods.

Steven J. Milloy
www.nndb.com...
Columnist - write skewed science articles promoting Monsanto's frankenfoods.
Evolution Skeptics
Global Warming Skeptics

This is the list the OP would obviously prefer you not know about, otherwise he would have included it on his little Venn diagram. Going through the list of Monsanto executives top to bottom, you'll see many more Republicans than Dems.

Notable persons "who's who" database is here:
www.nndb.com...

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join