It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pregnant Seattle protester miscarries after being kicked, pepper sprayed

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by FugitiveSoul
She announced she was pregnant and asked to leave before the roundup began. I want badges handed over and cops in jail for murder.

~FugitiveSoul

edit on 22-11-2011 by FugitiveSoul because: (no reason given)

Pro-abortion-"fetuses aren't people! Theyre just lumps of cells."

Not saying i agree with any of that but it's what they will say if they haven't already.

She did take the risks knowing full well ahead of time that the police have been notorious for brutality at the protests. Her 2 cents worth cost her baby its life, she should have just stayed home and let other people handle the cause, no one would have faulted her for not going to the protests being pregnant.

I wonder how many more people have to die before people wake up? This is a senseless tragedy that didn't even have to happen on both parties, the cops and Fox. The cops are probably saying "being pregnant is no excuse for breaking the law" with their smug little "you got what you deserved smirks".

There's less than 1% even doing the protesting, what do they hope to gain? All of america needs to be protesting but it aint gonna happen because even though there are alot of people that are bad off there are10 times as many people that are getting by ok. If you want to protests to be more effective vote Obama in for another term and let him finish ruining the country and then we'll see how many people stay home.

In the words of Obama as he quoted Bob the Builder "Can we do it? Yes we can!"

Well Obama is certainly no Bob the Builder!

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by e11888

Originally posted by DrNotforhire
reply to post by shushu

its called personal responsibility and it got lost with this generation

Yes because in America we should expect to get our teeth kicked in when we protest our Government. Personal responsiblity is showing your chin to the thug cop as he beats your face in for having an oppinion. It couldnt possibly be that this woman went down to these protests because she was concerned for the future of the child she was carrying. Nope. She should have known that on the streets of the United States we have no rights.

maybe look at the news and see that these things are getting ugly.. its not like the oakland riots (that OWS started) were peaceful.. why would you assume this is a safe place with your baby in tow

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   
I do not think that it is her fault for being present. The majority of protests in the US over the past couple of months have been peaceful on the part of the protesters. Of course there are bad apples anywhere, and the police should know that the actions of a few should not justify the horrible treatment they have imposed on the many.

If people have the right to peacefully assemble, and they supposedly do, they should not have to worry about being beaten or injured just because a few decide to do something stupid. The police have limits and apparently they do not know what those limits are. I think there needs to be a prosecution in this case.

The police need to get the message that they are NOT above the law. This is getting ridiculous, as the majority of the violence, 99% of it if you will, has been on the part of the police in my opinion. I do not see how anyone can remotely blame this woman for flexing her Constitutional muscles, and if you are, you should re-evaluate your ideals because your thinking is in line with those who wish to deny the rights of American citizens, at least in my opinion.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrNotforhire
reply to post by shushu

its called personal responsibility and it got lost with this generation

I'm the one who gave you this star...

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   
If you take a life, you take a life.

It's that simple.

I'm disgusted by anybody that would twist this into being her fault. That's really sick.

I'm even more tired of people that claim to have morals but would rather stand by their political ideology then by what is right.
edit on 22-11-2011 by The_Phantom because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Revolutionz
This cop should be locked up for years wheres the justice

How about that a person is presumed innocent until proven guilty beyond reasonable doubt in a court of justice?

It's amazing how quickly the lynch mob mentality took root in this thread. At the very best, the known facts are sketchy. We don't have a reliable witness at this point in time. The claim that "pepper spray got to the fetus" is very hard to believe -- one would have to ingest a heroic dose of habaneros to get any effect at all, and medical advice does not preclude using capsaicin during pregnancy. I'm not saying it's impossible, but cause-effect connection is quite far from clear. We don't even know if a cop hit her.

I'm against cops beating up people. Then again anyone who joins OWS needs to understand that this is a part of the deal, because in most cases (not all) there are legal grounds for people being removed for blocking traffic or nuisance. What happened was tragic. And that 19 year old kid should be very ashamed of herself for putting her unborn in grave danger.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by The_Phantom

And she took that life right on with her to a place that had a potential for violence.

It seems almost like premeditated murder, on her part to me.

I'm disgusted by anybody that would twist this into being her fault. That's really sick.

I think it's pretty disgusting that she was so careless with a life being carried inside her body.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   
I feel really bad for the child who didn't get a chance at life. I feel horrible for the mom who will never know her child. Question is though since this is a conspiracy site was this intentional? I mean more fuel for the OWS fire.The woman knew the risks so, did someone put her there?

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by supine

And she took that life right on with her to a place that had a potential for violence.

It seems almost like premeditated murder, on her part to me.

I think it's pretty disgusting that she was so careless with a life being carried inside her body.

No Jew or Christian can accept that argument.

The law was clear that if a man even accidentally hit a woman and caused a miscarriage he is at fault. It didn't matter that the woman happened to be near two men fighting, as if it was her fault for being near violent people. It was the fault of the man that hit her.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   

It's that simple.

I'm even more tired of people that claim to have morals but would rather stand by their political ideology then by what is right.

Nobody had to TWIST anything. This woman was totally irresponsible. HER choice. HER consequence. She gets to live with it. Had she gone to a Nascar race and a piece of flying debris caught her in the stands during a collision... who's to blame??? Some people just have this need to put themselves in dangerous situations. Afterall... it's not as if she was singled out.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by shushu

It's that simple.

Nobody had to TWIST anything. This woman was totally irresponsible. HER choice. HER consequence. She gets to live with it. Had she gone to a Nascar race and a piece of flying debris caught her in the stands during a collision... who's to blame??? Some people just have this need to put themselves in dangerous situations. Afterall... it's not as if she was singled out.

Please see my above post.

Thank you.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arcade425
The woman knew the risks so, did someone put her there?

...or somebody drugged her, pepper sprayed her and kicked her a few times in the stomach? To blame it on the cops? I don't believe any of that, but since you want a conspiracy here, help yourself!

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   

The law was clear that if a man even accidentally hit a woman and caused a miscarriage he is at fault. It didn't matter that the woman happened to be near two men fighting, as if it was her fault for being near violent people. It was the fault of the man that hit her.

Well, my reply came to you via me, a Christian.

So there goes your theory.
edit on 22-11-2011 by supine because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by shushu

It's that simple.

Please see my above post.

Thank you.

Please read my response to your above post.

You're welcome.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by supine

Well my reply came to you via me, a Christian.

So there goes your theory.

Not at all.

Jesus didn't come to abolish the law but to fulfill it. Anybody that thinks God changed his views on who would be at fault, the violent man that caused the miscarriage or the woman that was near violent people is totally kidding themselves.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   
I've read every single post in this thread, and I must say, some of the comments I've seen give me a sick feeling.

I'm afraid that we shall be forever locked into this system. The only way out of it is unity, but it appears that we have been inescapably, unalterably divided and conquered. This tactic has been used against us to great effect, to the extent that we may never be truly free.

Sad times.
edit on 22-11-2011 by VariableConstant because: nvm

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by The_Phantom

Oh please, I thought the thread was about OWS and not on theology.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Im sorry, but how #ing irresponsible can you get? Seriously. Stay out of dangerous situations if you're pregnant! What a moron. With the current state of these protests and the police reactions she should have known better.

No, I am not defending the actions of the Police, but I am condemning the actions of this stupid woman.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem
reply to post by The_Phantom

Oh please, I thought the thread was about OWS and not on theology.

Everybody knows that most conservatives that are in opposition to OWS and against liberals in general tend to be Christian. Not all, but a large percentage. Most would even go so far as to say our legal or moral system is Judeo-Christian in nature.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
reply to post by Revealation

You can say it's murder as soon as all abortion clinics are shut down and abortion is made illegal.

Because according to most leftist...that "fetus" wasn't "alive" yet.

I, 1st of all don't condone abortion. If you don't want to create a life, take the propper precautions. Regardless if I condone it or not, it's not my choice but theirs.

You do know though, she didn't choose to abort her child and she wasn't at an abortion clinic right? So basically, she didn't choose to have her baby murdered.

We both know ,If a civilian killed her, they would also be charged in the baby's death also, so don't try that nonsense with me. That's the problem with the law, it has a double standard. And when a person concieves a child and plans on having it, it's alive otherwise it would never come to term and be born.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join