It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pregnant Seattle protester miscarries after being kicked, pepper sprayed

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

I don’t fancy living in your world and even the law isn’t as retarded as your view of what is right and wrong.

Thankfully law enforcement do not have a legal right to beat on unarmed women then pepper spray them without good cause, you will find "What if" will not stand up to scrutiny in a court of law and the perpetrators will be convicted.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by coffeesniffer

It doesn't have anything to do with my view of right and wrong.

First off, a video of a crying woman is not enough evidence for me to judge, try and convict the police as it is for you.

Secondly, you keep living in your mountain spring smelling downy soft world if you don't think people use every tacky and transparent tactic in the book to escape gettig caught or to take a chance to sue the government.

I have seen people stretch some causes to try to make bank.

You have a knee jerk reaction that this woman is innocent, which she may not be. People living on the street are smart. She may have seen an opportunity and went for it.

Like another poster said, no doctor is going to come out only five days afterwards and claim the miscarriage was caused by a kick or pepper spray.

So I don't envy living in your world where people are guilty based on heresay rumors and a woman who knowingly put herself and her baby in danger by going to the protest.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by coffeesniffer

truth hurts, doesn't it?

I took away your ability to be randomly mad at someone you didn't meet from a situation you didn't witness.
I am sorry.

If you find out later that she was on drugs and that caused the miscarriage, are you going to come back and retract your statement?

I don't think so.
edit on 22-11-2011 by nixie_nox because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Attached is a sugar coated movie, but at least it (only one) deals with what if.................OWS stands for the common people getting fed up with our freedoms and rights getting thrown out the door.

It's being done slowly and quietly and the more intelligent people are waking up, catching on and getting mad.

Future Fright - Losing the Bill of Rights

Impossible................no, it's already started and many just either won't or can't see the noose.

A glimpse of what life would be like without the Bill of Rights in the US. This is our future if we don't stop the corporate manipulation of our political system. Greed, lies, deception....beware.

The girl standing on the police car if this comes to past would have been shot just like the students at Kent and just like some will probably be if this movement grows.

Any of you folks that have not read Naomi Wolf's books, "Give Me Liberty" and "The End of America" should.

The noose is closing in, it's closing in slowly, so slowly that many are not even aware of the noose.

Fixed elections.................GWB
Held and tortured without a speedy trial..............Bradley Manning
Pepper spraying and beating of protesters...............OWS
Murder of protesters:

The Kent State shootings—also known as the May 4 massacre or the Kent State massacre[2][3][4]—occurred at Kent State University in the city of Kent, Ohio, and involved the shooting of unarmed college students by members of the Ohio National Guard on Monday, May 4, 1970. The guardsmen fired 67 rounds over a period of 13 seconds, killing four students and wounding nine others, one of whom suffered permanent paralysis.[5]

Some of the students who were shot had been protesting against the American invasion of Cambodia, which President Richard Nixon announced in a television address on April 30. Other students who were shot had been walking nearby or observing the protest from a distance.[6][7]

There was a significant national response to the shootings: hundreds of universities, colleges, and high schools closed throughout the United States due to a student strike of four million students,[8] and the event further affected the public opinion—at an already socially contentious time—over the role of the United States in the Vietnam War.[9]

Source: en.wikipedia.org...

Coup d'eta on November 22, 1963...................Google LBJ "The wink"..............listen to LBJ's mistress interview.

Election tampering; GWB

False Flag Operation to manipulate the American People into war 9/11

Julian Assange framed and character discredited after wikileaks

We are already down to basically a two party system - with elections coming up do you really think voting outside the two "choices" works?

Now, research the Bush / Republican connection to the Diebold Voting Machines

One final question: How many of you out there reading this have the guts to fight for the rights of all of us, united?

United we the 99% stand.

Divided the 1% will win and we, the 99% will have handed over our rights and freedoms either in ignorance or greed, thinking some of us might be the jail keepers vs the jailed.

To the person who said the woman that miscarried was homeless and hinting that demeans her worth..........I work with the homeless.

Have for 5 years.

Just 5 years ago it was mostly drug addicts, winos, mentally challenged.

Today, just 5 years later................it is becoming more and more people that had just one medical issue, one job loss or one "incident" not of their own fault.

Tomorrow when I serve Turkey Dinner to the Homeless...............many were middle class and many are children.

Happy Thanksgiving to those of you that still have a roof over your head, food in your belly, ability to get good medical care and a job.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Well i will not be surprised if this is the last we hear about it.
1. she has to prove that she was pregnant.
2. She has to prove that this miscarriage was real and a result of pepper spray and kick/bike to stomach
3. She would have to prove that the kick and bike incident actually happened, so far the videos of the perper spraying of that crowd do not show her near the front where the bikes were and shows no officer kicking anyone
4. She would have to clarify when she was saying "let me through im pregnant" was she saying that to the cops or the protesters? If it was the cops then she should have left (like many others did), all she had to do is walk the other way. If the protesters were not let her leave you really can't blame the cops.
5. To charge the cops with murder you would have to name her as an accessory or charge her with depraved indifference. If the fetus is going to be treated like a living person than she should be treated like a mother. What would happen to the mother if her child died as a result of the mother forcing the child to stay in a dangerous situation, the cops did tell people to move before they started pepper spraying.

So I don't think we will be hearing much more about this.
edit on 22-11-2011 by PrimalRed because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
This is ATS people. "Deny Ignorance". This woman is homeless and 3 months pregnant, she's a model of bad choices. Usually when you find pregnant women on the streets they are there because they are addicted to drugs. There are plenty of places of refuge for pregnant women, there is no reason for them to be homeless unless they refuse to stay clean (as most areas of refuge require). The article states that she is 3 months pregnant. Guess how long the fetus is at 12 weeks- 2-1/2 inches. Guess what the probability is that a blow to the stomach area could kill it- zero. Now ask yourself what the probability is that this woman is partaking of illegal drugs and THAT is what caused the miscarriage.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by SavedOne
This is ATS people. "Deny Ignorance". This woman is homeless and 3 months pregnant, she's a model of bad choices. Usually when you find pregnant women on the streets they are there because they are addicted to drugs. There are plenty of places of refuge for pregnant women, there is no reason for them to be homeless unless they refuse to stay clean (as most areas of refuge require). The article states that she is 3 months pregnant. Guess how long the fetus is at 12 weeks- 2-1/2 inches. Guess what the probability is that a blow to the stomach area could kill it- zero. Now ask yourself what the probability is that this woman is partaking of illegal drugs and THAT is what caused the miscarriage.

But this is very essence the reasoning behind OWS, people are not responsible for their actions.
You don't get a job- becuse the system is bad
You have student loan debt- because of the evil banks NOT because you made an agreement to pay back a low-intrest loan and NOT because you failed your classes becuase you kept skipping out to protest student loans.
You are on drugs- because of the war on drugs NOT because you made that decision
You don't have money because there are really rich people out there NOT because you don't work
It really comes down to having money does not entitle you to it but wanting it does.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
If anyone is taking illegal drugs it is the cops and those that are siding with them when they deprive people of their constitutional rights..... Judging by the looks of the pig that was hosing people down with toxic pepper spray, I would bet money he wasn't taking steroids... More than likely just some loser that hates women because he is too flabby to have a relationship with one he doesn't have to pay or blackmail into it.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by SavedOne

Wrong.

I am 58.

Have been working since the age of 10 when I was orphaned.

Had a very high pressure, good middle class job for the same company - worked my way up by using my brains and working hard.

Worked for the same company for 16 years.

Every single yearly review I still have in a box says "exceeds expectations".

Over a year ago our company decided to outsource my job of 16 years to India.

We also had medical issues (not of our fault or making) that required us to take out a second loan.

If my husband (he is 67 with a aorta valve replacement) did not have a good job, I would be homeless.

You are assuming........................you don't know the woman nor the situation.

You sit smugly keyboarding because you had more luck (which also might include a higher IQ, parents, family support network).

Most everyone is smug, they think, "I did this all on my own".

Sorry, nope, met too many people that had the cards stacked against them.

Do not judge another person - you do not have all the data to do so accurately.

Again, have you volunteered at a homeless shelter?

We have seen an increase of drastic proportion of "normal / middle class" people that are now homeless.

United we stand.

Divided we fall.

TPTB are smart, they know exactly how to brainwash and manipulate many smug, arrogant and apathetic people.

You do not realize how close to the edge all of us are.
edit on 22-11-2011 by ofhumandescent because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Time's coming, it will happen, the pigs will go too far and kill too many, and one day people will understand and realize they out number the gestapo 1,000 to 1, and it will be messy. There's not much to loose when you'v lost everything, and your being beaten. In every other country these protests are encouraged even supplied, so what double standard do we have here. The villins times are short.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

First off, thank you for your volunteer work. Thats wonderful! I used to make t-day food for the homeless till they suddenly stopped the program for some reason.

I have also worked for the destitute and homeless, and a lot of them have issues. But that is also society sidelining them. Some are their fault, some is not.

Yes there is an increase of the middle class. Who also made their own mistakes. How many bought houses with 3k mortgages ( i saw plenty of these) who needed both incomes to keep it?

They are not lesser people, but the issues are statistically more with that income group. Sorry.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Notice the warning before ANY pepper spray?
Notice all those people walking around that are allowed to walk around freely as long as they are not blocking the intersection?
See how all she had to do is just walk away?

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by PrimalRed

Fact is, some bikes and pepper spray are not hard control riot control, nor is it police brutality.

If it was real riot control, they would of had the amored cars, dogs, and the mounted force.

Now imagine the injuries when 1200 lbs of riot trained attitude is involved? I will take the bicycle tire.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by redrose123
reply to post by truthinfact

Some people in this country are so twisted up. They will support an army to go to war in the name of democracy. They will allow their childrens lives and their own fortunes to be squander across the planet in the name of democracy. While in the home of the free and brave they support all tryranny and espouse all unnecesary violence. They will cheer as though they are at a sporting game and cheer as though their team won as the blood spills all around. What are they? Who are they and how did they become?
Im re posting this comment because it says it all .
The sickness in the US citizens . The majority supportted going to wars in countries that were no threat to them . The majority supported the atrocities that happen during those wars . The people who did not support it are proberly the same ones who were children when those abhorant wars started and grew up watching all of this and want it stopped .

This woman and her baby would have been a prime target for some of those very twisted police officer who are of the violent class of deadheads who support the killings .
They too want to kill and exterminate the other higher class of people who dont want wars , dont want the merchantile class of bankers running their world into debt and wars for the bottom line .

This is actually class warfare ....the foolish ass like , low class against the class that has more morals and intelligences and thoughtfullness , the class that wishes no harm to others but want to change a world nose diving into hell .
The merchantile class of bankers and politicians know very well how stupid and easily manipulated these fellows are and use them as enforcers . Their senses are pleased as enforcers .

So the problem is that those giving the instructions must be changed first ! Those persons have corrupted society to its core . The problem is how to change that class .

Some say , what is the point of protesting any of this as it wont change anything . It has been pointed out by many a great person , it is our duty to protest to wrong deeds against the favour of the people ability to live a free peacefull loving life . To protest has always been available in a rightous society where those in charge do so as a service to humanity. So to change the conciouseness of all classes of people to a higher level . a spiritual level . Not a dogmatic mindlessness but a meditative state that accesses the higher vibrations .
Choose transcendental sound vibrations for your chants at OWS .
That will make the difference .

Gracious living and high thinking .
edit on 22-11-2011 by Anusuia because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
To protect and serve.

edit on 11/22/2011 by ind1ca because:

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by -W1LL

How disgusting is this? It's such shameful behavior on the part of these cowards. If it were a fair fight, most of these cops would get their a$$es kicked. It's easy to beat up people who are not fighting back. Every police department that doesn't remove and charge these cops should be ashamed of themselves. Our freedom is a myth and these cops are proving that point to us on a daily basis.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by truthinfact

The sad thing is that people will say that the cop murdered that baby, but if she chose to do it, it would be called an abortion or "family planning"... ahhh the hypocrisy of our society. (this isn't directed at you, I'm speaking in general terms)

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
MURDER. Need I say anything else. Anyone who says she didn't or should'nt have been there........Ignorance at it's worst.

Maybe pregnant women should just hide in a cave? The worlds a sick ##SNIP## place. Just because you are dillusional and neive enough to believe it's safe, doesn't mean it is. This current society is exactly why it needs to be overthrown, because society empowers people with the mentality and useless viewpoints that say people have NO RIGHT being at a certain place at a certain time..
edit on Tue Nov 22 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: Mod Note: Do Not Evade the Automatic Censors – Please Review This Link.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join