It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pregnant Seattle protester miscarries after being kicked, pepper sprayed

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by TinkerHaus

I can agree with what you said, that most people would be aware of the violence through the television and internet reportings on these protests, but the woman in question had already lost everything and was living on the streets homeless due to the economy, and was likely unaware of the violence in other cities.
I still vouch for her right to protest for the future of her unborn child. She doesn't want to raise this child on the streets, and doesn't want her child to live in a world where everything can be stripped away at the whim of a greedy and corrupt banker or corporate CEO. If she isn't the poster child of how the elite have treated the rest of us, I don't know who is.

edit on 22-11-2011 by FugitiveSoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by FissionSurplus

I couldn't have said it better!

JT

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by FissionSurplus

"It seems to me that TPTB are sending out their meanest, dumbest, most psychotic cops to try and incite violence from the protestors"

Yea sounds just about the same for the OWS movement

dumb vs dumb =

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Read the article, it says people were dragged out of the crowd. Did you read it?

I'll watch the videos...I don't see police dragging anyone out. And the crowd isn't dense enough that if someone wanted to get out that they couldn't easily get out.

Here...you watch them.

Now tell me..where do you see anyone being dragged out of the crowd or the police moving into the crowd at all???
edit on 22-11-2011 by OutKast Searcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
I don't see why a homeless pregnant woman should have protesting with OWS as a priority. I do find it odd that out of all the video cameras there and out of all the videos of "police brutality" a more headline worthy story like this was not video taped by anyone there. Can we just label all videos beatings now? the title is a bit misleading
edit on 22-11-2011 by PrimalRed because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
You know, in the past I have been a supporter of the police in general. I know that, as with all jobs, there are bad apples in the ranks of the police and not all of them are bad. I can also see the point being raised that this woman should have taken into account the questionable actions of law enforcement against the whole "occupy" movement.

Having said that, I can't help but notice the growing cases of excessive force in the Seattle area by the police - especially what seems to be racially motivated brutality. It is getting harder and harder to say that these cases in Seattle are the exception as there seems to be a new beat down every week. While I am not quite to the point of going to battle against Seattle law enforcement, I will say that my eyes are opening wider and wider to the apparent widespread abuse of power in Seattle by those who are supposed to be protecting us.

I really can't see this ending well.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by FugitiveSoul

If they were close enough to strike her. They were close enough to hear her.

Go watch any of the videos from the November 15th incident and show me anywhere that the cops moved into the crowd.

It can't be both...she can't be in the middle of the crowd and have the police be close enough to her to get hit with a bike, kick, or pepper spray.

And you can tell how nice and quiet it is there...I'm sure the police can hear everything crystal clear

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
i knew it wouldn't take long for someone to purposely sacrifice their unborn child just to get some more media coverage. i wouldn't be surprised if she was paid to do this by whoever is behind this movement. it is really sickening but i'm not surprised in the least.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
20 bucks says she miscarried during the protest and saw a lottery ticket. I just find it odd that the only video of this is just her crying on the ground without a cop in sight.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by PrimalRed

I've looked at a bunch of videos...I can't find her in any besides the one where she is on the curb or getting put in the ambulance.

I was hoping to find a video of the kick, bick push, pepper spray, or of her trying to get out of the crowd...but I can't spot her in any of the videos.

It does look like she got sprayed...but there is no evidence of a kick or a bike push that I can find...and none of the OWS supporters seem to even be concerned about finding it. They are fine with calling for the head of this unknown officer who allegedly kicked her without even attempting to find evidence.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   

She told the Seattle Stranger that day a doctor performed an ultrasound and said everything was okay. Five days later she started suffering stomach pains and returned to the hospital.“They diagnosed that I was having a miscarriage,” Fox said. “They said the damage was from the kick and that the pepper spray got to [the fetus], too.”
The Stranger was unable to verify whether the miscarriage happened, though Fox said she would request her medical records as proof.

It seems as though her doctor must have made a specific claim that the "pepper spray got to the fetus too".

We will have to wait and see how this plays out, but if she is willing to release the records....it may not look good on the police.

Let's also remember that if this was an auto accident and she had miscarried ,the other driver would be in big trouble for the death of the fetus.

Washington Post

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   

I have always found it amusing that any video with a cop within 10 feet of a protester is called police brutality. But this is the only one that does not even have a cop in it and is still labeled as a police beating.
So if i have this right she was in the middle of the crowd then two cops come in. One kicks her in the stomach while she is trying to escape then ANOTHER cop comes in and rams her bike into her stomach.
Reporters have also doubted this story and have asked for medical records to back this story up so we will see where it goes.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Sucks that it happened but she HAD to know what could possibly go down in this middle of these protests...

She didn't deserve it, but she should have had more common sense to attend such an aggressive scene!

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
She had every right to endanger herself by being there. She had zero right to endanger the life of her unborn child. Oh wait, it's not a person until its born. I keep forgetting that. Or maybe the rules keep changing depending on who's benefiting from them.

/TOA

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Gentlemens

May i ask your attention for a moment ?

Lets imagine for a minute

While protesting peacefuly , your pregnant daughter,or your pregnant wife, get clubbed and pepper sprayed, then lose her unborn baby?

How would you react ?

I know somes are saying "why was she protesting while being pregnant ?" others says "its a scam and just want money"

I hear you and respect your opinion, both sides.

But even, if its dangerous, does it give the moral right to an officer, to hit and pepper spray a pregnant women ?

what, just what if, it was your daughter, or your wife ?

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by The Old American

Oh wait, it's not a person until its born. I keep forgetting that. Or maybe the rules keep changing depending on who's benefiting from them.

I do understand your concern , but please, its not exactly what we're talking about, actualy

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnonymousVan
Gentlemens

May i ask your attention for a moment ?

Lets imagine for a minute

While protesting peacefuly , your pregnant daughter,or your pregnant wife, get clubbed and pepper sprayed, then lose her unborn baby?

How would you react ?

I wouldn't let my pregnant wife got to an occupy protest.

But even, if its dangerous, does it give the moral right to an officer, to hit and pepper spray a pregnant women ?

what, just what if, it was your daughter, or your wife ?

Why didn't she just walk the other way? If she was trying to leave the area as she claims why would she not just walk the other way? For people saying that this is murder of an unborn child what gives the mother the right to put another life in danger besides her own?

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by AnonymousVan

I would be angry at my wife or daughter for placing herself in an unnecessary dangerous situation. It would be the same if she went to a concert and a mosh pit formed around her, or if she went to watch the running of the bulls and someone knocked her down.

She was obviously pepper sprayed...but we have no proof that the officer targeted her. Her own story contradicts itself, she claims she was in the "middle of the crowd" and yet close enough for police to kick here and for a police with a bicycle creating a line to hit her. None of the videos show any police going into the crowd at this incident.

Show me a video of a police officer chasing her down, her telling him she is pregnant and the police officer than kicking her and spraying her. Then I will call for the officers head...until then...she is responsible for placing herself in a dangerous situation and she will have to deal with the consequences.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   

I wouldn't let my pregnant wife got to an occupy protest.

Excuse me, not to sound rude, but womens have rights.

The police have to protects its citizens, , even the protesters

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
And now the pigs are even murdering civilians.. Shows how they are for our protection indeed.
Anyone that dosent see what kind of police state USA has become is completely blind.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join