It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pregnant Seattle protester miscarries after being kicked, pepper sprayed

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
I am just waiting for the official word that the whole pregnancy and miscarriage story was fabricated. What that does happen who is going to be the first to claim that she was a plant put there by the "evil 1% TBTB Bankster Corporations" or that they somehow involved in the cover up. Be honest you know you can see that thread coming up.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by PrimalRed

yep.. and how the right or CIA planted this ... even though the OWS people say they arent party affiliated... SHENANIGANS I'm calling shenanigans right now

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by DrNotforhire

I guess it would be funny if it turned out she was never even pepper sprayed, time will tell

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by PrimalRed
reply to post by DrNotforhire

I guess it would be funny if it turned out she was never even pepper sprayed, time will tell

haha or the video didn't show her actually biting the cops or yelling at them or obstructing justice... like the rest of the pepper spray videos

usually before or after the cuts

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf
the cops still have no right to treat citizens as guilty off the bat. Constitution, remember?

Never said they did have a right to do it. Did you read the thread? No one is letting the cop off the hook. We are saying that the woman shouldn't have been STUPID and gone to a place known to be violent. She's a moron.

By your logic, pregnant women who leave their houses are putting their kids at risk, given the amount of crime and violence. Pregnant women driving are unecessarily putting their babies at risk. Is that simple enough?

You didn't read the thread, did you?
What's this .. something like the third time someone has tried this?? Absurd.

Again .... (3rd or 4th time) ... A woman getting in a car is different than a woman getting in a car when she knows the driver is drunk. the first one is fine, the second one is moronic. It's the same with the rally. Going to a rally is different than going to an anarchist protest that has a history of violence and chemical crowd control.

This isn't rocket science, people.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Imagine that something like that happened to you, for real. We all understand that being in that position, you'd be grieving, p!ssed and outraged all at the same time. And look, you would want to know exact medical facts as to why and how your baby has tragically perished. I can't imagine a person being as indifferent as to simply not look at this aspect.

And Jennifer Fox didn't. She didn't get as much as a medical record from the hospital. She apparently had been admitted to same hospital a few times in the past, so the record if it did exist could have been quite complete.

edit on 23-11-2011 by buddhasystem because: typo

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
This is just like the TIPS training at my job. You can't tell a pregnant woman she can't buy alcohol, even though there's something wrong with drinking while you're pregnant.

Police action happens ALL the time in protests. While I sympathize and am enraged that the ones dedicated to 'protecting and serving' are not doing their jobs, I also can not say that it wasn't to be expected. You're endangering your child by going to a place where violence and stress is bound to happen.

My thoughts go out to the family, but I can't help but shake my head and go 'stupid decision.'

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Based on the large sum of money she is asking for and her attitude (in addition to other things as posted in this thread), she's clearly exaggerating about the miscarriage.

Originally posted by navy_vet_stg3

Originally posted by technical difficulties

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

Originally posted by FugitiveSoul
She announced she was pregnant and asked to leave before the round up began. I want badges handed over and cops in jail for murder.

And you honestly think the police can hear every shout from every person???

I'm still lauging at these claims of murder...but I bet all of you would be fine with her having an abortion...right???
Not the same thing, considering that one is done consesually and (usually) in a safe environment. Clearly this wasn't done without consent, or with any safety measures for that matter. You might as well be comparing rape to having consensual sex because that makes just as much sense as what you're saying.
So, the baby didn't consent to the pepper spray, but aborted babies consent to being aborted? Okay, thanks for clearing that up.
It's not up to the potential human being, it's up to the person whose body said potential human being is currently living in (and off of for that matter). This is not a hard concept to understand, other than to those irrational enough to compare an abortion to someone attacking a pregnant woman.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeReK DaRkLy
She didn't deserve it, but she should have had more common sense to attend such an aggressive scene!

While I agree nobody deserves to miscarry if she had common sense she wouldn't have been pregnant and homeless to begin with either...

Something about the story just doesn't ring true though.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
She did nothing wrong.. Why can't some of you accept that? These people did this to her.. She didn't ask to get attacked and miscarry...

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
found this at publicintelligence.net...

Prohibited conduct may include: Investigating and collecting, maintaining, using, or sharing information regarding persons or groups solely because they are involved in constitutionally protected activity. Investigating and collecting, maintaining, using, or sharing information regarding persons or groups solely because of the content of their speech (e.g., if there is no reasonable law enforcement purpose, such as criminal conduct advocated or planned or threat to public safety). Investigating and collecting, maintaining, using, or sharing information regarding persons’ or groups’ exercise of their First Amendment rights for a purpose unrelated to the event. Instructing the debriefing of or questioning witnesses, event participants, or arrestees regarding their social, political, or religious views unless specifically related to criminal conduct and then only as necessary to achieve the clearly stated objective in the Pre-Event Work Plan. Collecting, maintaining, using, or sharing information that is outside the scope of the stated objectives of the investigation unless exigent circumstances justify modification of those objectives. Collecting, maintaining, using, or sharing information without evaluating it and marking it for source reliability and content validity prior to maintaining, using, or sharing it. Collecting, maintaining, using, or sharing information (such as names) in political petitions, mailing lists, organizational memberships, or writings espousing a particular view that is protected by the First Amendment. Investigating persons or groups solely because of: Advocating a position in their speech or writings that an officer finds to be offensive or disagreeable. Support for unpopular causes. Ethnic background, race, or national origin. Religion or religious affiliations. Noncriminal personal habits. Associations with persons that are not of a criminal nature. Association with or being related to persons belonging to an organization espousing views protected by the First Amendment. Investigating, disrupting, interfering with, or harassing any person for the purpose of: Preventing the person from engaging in conduct protected by the First Amendment. Retaliating against the person for engaging in conduct protected by the First Amendment. Discriminating against the person on the basis of conduct protected by the First Amendment.

pretty interesting.....if the protesters weren't doing anything wrong, then it would seem that a lot of police officers were doing things they shouldn't have been.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by OneisOne
I also found a TV news interview, she plans to sue for 10 or 25 million.

That's the number one reason I have trouble believing the story...

Either that, or it's grossly hypocritical.

Isn't part of OWS the concept that people don't 'deserve' large amounts of money without some equivalent amount of hard work for it? To put it in admittedly callous terms, it's not like she's over 40 with slim odds of being able to have another. Shouldn't it be in all cases that the lottery-jackpot mentality that infects the financial system is wrong?

That's not to condone what the police did.

But you'll rarely find a doctor who will confirm the cause of any miscarriage early on. The stress alone of being in a crowd like that could have been enough, or being under-nourished from being homeless... Going to a protest is one thing but at least have the sense to keep far away from cops if you do go to one, and keep alert to any potential danger while there is still time to get the hell out of the way.
edit on 23-11-2011 by Jessica6 because: added

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by -W1LL

Oh yeah.. the police are out of hand. However, if she is lying it hurts the cause. If it comes out that she wasn't pregnant (unlikely, but possible). Than it will make a negative story and those make the news before positive ones.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   
What I really don't understand is why people talk as if police are honest, do the right thing and are honorable. My life experience (never arrested and 1 ticket in my life) has shown me something entirely different. I know that they are often dishonest and act above the law. I won't go into details because it doesn't matter. (I've been a bystander and witness to police brutality against others a few times.) I just can't figure out why people expect police to look out for them and be honest. I heard that in kindergarten, but then I grew up and witnessed the blue gang in action.
edit on 23/11/11 by RainbeauBleu because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnonymousVan

I wouldn't let my pregnant wife got to an occupy protest.

Excuse me, not to sound rude, but womens have rights.

The police have to protects its citizens, , even the protesters

Oh i know women have rights but to say this is murder of an unborn child is also to say that the mother has the right to put her child in harms way so long as it politically aligns with what she wants. To say that the cops murdered anyone in this event is also to call the mother an accessory, you can't have it both ways.

If that was the case then you'd have to prevent pregnant women from driving since that also is statistically high risk
She could have easily been somewhere else, and been hit by a car. A demonstration in and of itself does not have to be dangerous.

It's just an all around tragic situation for the parents who lost their unborn child, and the police officer that has to live with causing it, however inadvertently. I've only had some crowd control/disbursement training (thankfully never had to use it), but it seems like there was a failure in training or personnel employment. Being one of a handful of policemen trying to control such a large crowd which could turn hostile at any moment definitely has to be scary.

If she was running around chucking molotov cocktails or trying to injure the police then I would agree with her being an accessory, but at least for now that doesn't seem to be the case. She didn't need to get hit, much less pepper sprayed. Between the inevitable adrenaline rush, equipment, and crowd noise I don't think the officer heard her yelling.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
A little common sense who have told you , "Hey your pregnant and things may get a bit out of control do you want to be here with a unborn child when it does ??"

This is truly sad that this had to happen to her, but she is totally at fault here. She put her self in this situation.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by ShockTruther

Huh?

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Equidae

Originally posted by AnonymousVan

I wouldn't let my pregnant wife got to an occupy protest.

Excuse me, not to sound rude, but womens have rights.

The police have to protects its citizens, , even the protesters

Oh i know women have rights but to say this is murder of an unborn child is also to say that the mother has the right to put her child in harms way so long as it politically aligns with what she wants. To say that the cops murdered anyone in this event is also to call the mother an accessory, you can't have it both ways.

If that was the case then you'd have to prevent pregnant women from driving since that also is statistically high risk
She could have easily been somewhere else, and been hit by a car. A demonstration in and of itself does not have to be dangerous.

Not the same at all, the cops gave warnings before the pepper spray, if you watch the video you can clearly see people leaving the area and other people walking around without any problems from the police. With driving a car accidents happen, it would be more like wanting to prevent pregnant women from walking on the freeway instead of the sidewalk because she made a choice to stay there and get sprayed and she made that choice for her child. The cops give warnings before the pepper spray, they do not go through and ask everyone "are you pregnant?-Nope? ***SPRAY*** okay next.

It's just an all around tragic situation for the parents who lost their unborn child, and the police officer that has to live with causing it, however inadvertently. I've only had some crowd control/disbursement training (thankfully never had to use it), but it seems like there was a failure in training or personnel employment. Being one of a handful of policemen trying to control such a large crowd which could turn hostile at any moment definitely has to be scary.

Its an all around tragic situation for people who look foolish by not keeping up with the story u and fail to grasp that this is not the first time she has screamed "im three months pregnant,my stomach it hurts!!" when confronted by the police
slog.thestranger.com...

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   
This is my bet on what is going to happen. She will stop doing interviews now that it has gained in popularity, she will also announce that she will not take the police to court for some reason or another, all in an attempt to prevent any further investigations into her claim.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jessica6

Originally posted by DeReK DaRkLy
She didn't deserve it, but she should have had more common sense to attend such an aggressive scene!

While I agree nobody deserves to miscarry if she had common sense she wouldn't have been pregnant and homeless to begin with either...

Something about the story just doesn't ring true though.

Thank you Jessica, the number of ladies who have rightly posted that the girl should have never been there IF she was pregnant and you ladies still get ignored like you don't have a clue..

Some of these people are headless chickens on here, the only person that truly knows the duty of care to a child is a woman, all the emotions and love are felt so strongly by a mother.

My wife still can't believe someone pregnant would have gone there..

But it seems this may have all been made up by her...Sad really..

top topics

<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join