It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pregnant Seattle protester miscarries after being kicked, pepper sprayed

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Actually if I kick you in the stomach and you have a miscarriage as a result of said kick, I'd be charged with murder. A woman making the difficult decision to have an abortion is not murder. Pretty simple. And you trying to equate the two to defend the police in this incident is quite disgusting IMHO.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   
This is not just the cop's fault, it's the woman's fault for being such a stupid bitch to go into a rally that has been known for quite some time to get violent.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   
What does her being pregnant have to do with her being there? She's an American citizen with every right to peacefull assembly. You scumbags that are saying she deserves it because being pregnant she should'nt have been there need to re-read your constitution.

I guess the next person who is killed in an auto accident by a drunk driver is at fault for driveing on the same road as the drunk by your logic. This story is an outrage and you people blaming her need to do some serious thinking about how you would feel in her situation, that is unless your a physic and can predict the future.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by DelMar

Don't you know? Everyone is on the "Hate cops train." If the story was true...yeah that is terrible, and something should be done about it. But it just isn't adding up. I would never stand up for a cop that intentionally hurt a peaceful protester. But with everything going on, and all of the hatred towards cops at the moment, I'm not going to just take someone's word for it. There needs to be some proof, and some hospital records would do the trick.

To be honest, I might be in a terrible mood tonight, but I'm sick of hearing about how terrible the cops are, how terrible the protestors are, how terrible you are if you are for OWS, or how terrible you are if you are against it. It's all down right crazy and I'm sick of it. I'm actually going to take a vow right now to not comment on anymore OWS threads. It will be better for my blood pressure.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Fox has declined to provide medical records supporting her claim that she had a miscarriage five days after being hit, and her family has cast doubt on the claim.

But Seattle police have launched an internal investigation because of the "seriousness of her allegations," spokesman Mark Jamieson said.

Occupy protester's miscarriage claim questioned
So, far it's conflicting as to what really happened, the article shares more details.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Seattle cops are notorious for being assholes....the jackasses that urn that city (if you want to call it that) don't like anything that will disturb their so-called "paradise"...whether it's the homeless (yes...at least several homeless die there every winter, because all of the shelters are full..and nobody gives a #), or it's some kind of peaceful protest....OWS, or otherwise...they don't want it, and they'll do anything to deter people from getting involved...the mayor there thinks he's god, and knows how to do things the right way.....bull#...he does things HIS way, and nobody questions it...all the cops there have no business even being on the force....they're wannabe cops, with high-quality training at Wamlart's School For Security Guards....or were they trained by former Nazi leaders? i hope their donut supply is contaminated with enough ecoli to take them all out.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by dreamingawake

Thanks for the article, with an accusation like this, it's good to have more sources. It does indeed look shady to me, this Fox girl doesn't seem credible. Saying she can't get the medical records, which would make her case more solid, because she has to do "stuff", that doesn't sit well with me.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Protesting: The New Form of Birth Control

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss
I really dont know who to blame here. the woman, knowing shes prego and going to a OWS in seattle knowing it could get crazy, or the cops for stepping out of line and betting up a prego woman. Eather way the cops are wrong on this one anyways.

I hope this laidy can get over the scares she will be carring with her for the rest of her life. This is sad

edit on 22-11-2011 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

#1 She was homeless and 19 protesting because she felt it was the right thing to do.
#2 She was trying to leave the area and was attacked.
# Yes the People who broke their oath to protect and serve were wrong to attack a 19 year old pregnant woman.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   
I cant wait until these cops are the ones begging and pleading not to be beat. Its only a matter of time before the people start to fight back, and as bad as that will make the situation, sometimes things need to get worse before they get better. I just hope the good cops (the few and far in between) dont get caught up on the wrong end of someones anger.

That lady had no reason to be beat if she wasn't breaking the law. The cops murdered her child, plain and simple.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   
so under freedom of speech and assembly there should be FOR EVERYONE BUT PREGNANT WOMEN
Because your government is working as intended and you have freedom of assembly and speech but the fine print says you pay for it by violence and heckling.

Dissent is a patriots duty.. IN times of change the patriot is a scarce man; brave, hated and scorned. when the cause succeeds however, all the turds who slammed on him join him for then it costs nothing to be a patriot..

And yes patriots are the ones you don't agree with that is why they are scorned and no this case is not different cuz you say so or think so. No we are not different we are the same and history repeats itself.

even if they are misguided these ows people are trying for all the bashers.. what are you doing?

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Who defends the PTB and their hired guns. Yeah sure, cops have a job to do and have rights and are people too I GET that part, but what I don't get is the ATS'rs, and assholes like my roomate, who evidently SIDE, not with the cops, but with everything they represent and who they serve, including the power bankers and elite super rich, it's like looking at both sides and then saying "i'm with the devil", that's what I see people doing, and it's crazy!

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   
absolutely mind blowingly sick. and I would like to call "coward" to those who saw the cops doing this to her and did nothing to protect her....... and why arent the cops laying there in the streets like steak tar tar? peaceful protesting is fine, all well and good, but at some point when are we going to say enough is enough, and fight fire with fire?

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by redrose123
reply to post by truthinfact

They will cheer as though they are at a sporting game and cheer as though their team won as the blood spills all around.

Wow-drama queen much? Tell me specifically who is "cheering" about this incident? I think that most of the posts on both sides of this specific incident have been pretty measured-which is nice to see considering how volatile this particular incident (if true) is.......

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   
This whole movement seems very odd to me. What EXACTLY is it that these protesters want? I have seen dozens of video clips with teens and twenty somethings screaming and chanting and getting pushed around by riot police, but I have no idea what it is that these people want...If a billionaire were to wake up tomorrow go to a OWS protest and start handing out checks written for $20000 to all of the protesters would they be happy? Would they shut up and go to the GAP and Mcdonalds? Maybe pay off some of their student loans? I was watching an Alex Jones video the other day and heard a man talk negatively about large corporations and lamented the death of "mom and pop" stores and a thought occurred to me. Is it not the GOAL of many people starting out with a business to increase profits and spread? I am sure some do not have this goal in mind, and that is fine, and they stay where they want to. However if a company does become successful and the opportunity to spread is available they should be able to. Doesn't every large corporation start out small and work their way up and spread? Walmart started out as a five and dime store. I think the issue is not about money but in the way that people see themselves and others and the separation between current civilization and nature. Go to any large city USA and all you will see is cement, tall buildings, and cars. Completely on top of nature.The stress and anxiety is tangible. Makes me think of the ooze under New York in Ghostbusters 2. Ha. Seriously if people can see each other not for what they have in their pockets and bank accounts or what they can do for them but as people with the same fears and desires as themselves people will no longer care about how much gold one has. I say choke on it. Give me fresh air, space, food, and water and I will be happy. So much greed. Whats wrong with "chop wood carry water?"

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnonymousVan

So what if she was lying and then stabbed another person or the police?

"IF"

its not the case

well it is starting to look that way

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Reverence for life should be for ALL the unborn. Period!

edit on 22-11-2011 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-11-2011 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by e11888

Originally posted by ShogunAssassins
reply to post by Anusuia

Thats because its HER body and the parents choice.. Not the cops or gov.. Grow up, stop attempting to control womens choices and lives!

Let me be clear. You have the right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness unless your pursuit infringes on the life, liberty or pursuit of happiness of another. An unborn child has the same rights as the mother until she decides to murder it or do you not consider a fetus to be a human being? Because the last time I checked, a fetus has a heart beat.
edit on 22-11-2011 by e11888 because: (no reason given)
The child killers dont think the unborn baby has a soul that why they think its OK to kill the child that took up residence in their womb to take birth into the world

That child is not property of the womb owner . Ask yourselves do you own your children ? Does the state own you ?
If you think you have ownership rights over the unborn mini human then the state may as well own you as the state is merely a bigger entity that you .
Every human has the right to take birth into the world . Not to be slaughtered by the mothers desire not to have her enjoyment dissrupted .

Maybe this woman who had her baby kicked out of her was carrying a child of rape or domestic violence . You dont know .
But what was apparent was that she was choosing to give birth to that human child .You can choose to kill your children , but as a question of right and wrong you will soon find out how wrong it is .

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by -W1LL

Perhaps she shouldn't have been protesting when she was pregnant and in a protest known to have pepper spray and/or tear gas used. Great mothering (Is that a word?) material. She should of had the kid, THEN go out and protest if she insisted. At least she would of had a child.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join