It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pregnant Seattle protester miscarries after being kicked, pepper sprayed

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   
She has wasted no time. She is appearing on Thom Hartman tomorrow. That's pretty opportunistic for a grieving mother and victim of police brutality. I am a woman. I would never put MY child in harm's way like she did. It's irresponsible. I can't believe she's jumping on the interviews so fast....

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by RainbeauBleu
She has wasted no time. She is appearing on Thom Hartman tomorrow. That's pretty opportunistic for a grieving mother and victim of police brutality. I am a woman. I would never put MY child in harm's way like she did. It's irresponsible. I can't believe she's jumping on the interviews so fast....

I'm going on a limb here but I would wager she's got a lawyer who's wasting no time constructing a case against the city... So the interview definitely helps...

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by RainbeauBleu

You brought your child into this world (as did I 3) so some would argue that that's irresponsible of us as parents. The fact they live in this world means their deaths are innevitable. You drive a car? then you risk their lives on a daily basis. The problem is that everyone in a "CIVILIZED" society is living a false sense of security.

If (GOD forbid) you or any women get raped, do you deserve it because we live in a world that has psychos in it? Hell no. I just don't understand the reasoning and logic of some people.

Why shouldn't she broadcast it nationally? Let the world know they're scumbags and murderers.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Revealation
You brought your child into this world (as did I 3) so some would argue that that's irresponsible of us as parents. The fact they live in this world means their deaths are innevitable. You drive a car? then you risk their lives on a daily basis

This is a classic Reductio ad Absurdum

Need I say more...

Actually, I do:

would it be a good idea for a pregnant lady to go on a bungee jump?

edit on 22-11-2011 by buddhasystem because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by -W1LL

What I am about to say isn't spreading hate.

She is terribly irresponsible and reckless for going to this protest knowing things could get out of hand.

What was she thinking?

PREGNANT WOMEN ARE FRAGILE.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Regardless how. Do you believe that a woman deserves to miscarry.............? Some people are just so effed up. The people who did this should be accountable and charged. I would hate to be the farther as well the anger will never go away. I would hunt them and make them pay.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Legion2024
Regardless how. Do you believe that a woman deserves to miscarry.............? Some people are just so effed up. The people who did this should be accountable and charged. I would hate to be the farther as well the anger will never go away. I would hunt them and make them pay.

Do you mean "father"? If yes, before you plan your vendetta, consider that the dad of the baby didn't think twice about knocking up a homeless teenager.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

Regardless of life style, NO ONE DESERVES to have their life taken before it begins. and by the hands of cops at that.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss
I know this is not going to go well but what if she wanted this to happen? Kind of like an abortion by betting? Why else would you be there? Its possible.

Would you fight for your unborn's future? Knowing that with the current system in place, your child may turn out to be a slave of the system, would you fight, to make that change and one day tell your kids "i was there".

Either way, we can see the truth now... not only do american authorities kill babies and children in the middle-east. They do it at HOME too. Lets give it 7days for UN talks over this obvious abuse of human rights on protesters, before it's brushed under the carpet yet again.

It seems the whitehouse cares more about arming terrorist's in libya over "humanitarian-rights" than it does in caring and protecting its own citizens.

The way i see it, this is adding yet more fuel to the fire that is spreading across the US. I can almost feel the heat here in the UK.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   
While it is a poor decision to attend any large gathering that could possibly turn violent as a pregnant woman, it does not excuse the fact that police hit her in the stomach after she announced she is pregnant and wants to leave. Some people here on this forum denounce abortion yet remain silent when state sanctioned violence essentially murders a child that was wanted.

The state calls its own violence law, yet it calls the violence of the individual a crime.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Legion2024

I dont think anyone is saying she, or the baby, DESERVED it, dont be stupid and dont twist people's words around. We're just saying she was a moron for putting herself and her baby in that situation knowing things could get dangerous in her fragile state.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   
It appears that her story is falling apart. This story shows that she is not being honest.

slog.thestranger.com...

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   
I hope her lawyer throws this one out there:

The Unborn Victims of Violence Act of 2004 (Public Law 108-212) is a United States law which recognizes a "child in utero" as a legal victim, if he or she is injured or killed during the commission of any of over 60 listed federal crimes of violence. The law defines "child in utero" as "a member of the species Homo sapiens, at any stage of development, who is carried in the womb".[1]

Source:en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   
How about some evidence that this even happened? Here's some from the Seattle Times:

Fox's former foster mother, Lark Stebbins, said Fox called her from Harborview after one recent protest but did not mention she was pregnant.

Stebbins said Fox, whom she parented for 10 years, has a pattern of exaggeration. "My daughter is a compulsive liar," Stebbins said. "She's a wannabe drama queen."

Stebbins' older daughter echoed the statements in a separate interview.

"I seriously doubt, that if she is claiming she had a miscarriage, that she was even pregnant," said Stebbins' daughter, Nicole Botes, who has known Fox for a decade. "I'd like to see actual medical reports."

Quote is from this article

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   

She wasn't bungee jumping or at an abortion clinic. Stop trying to make excuses for an unjustifiable action. Fact is if she wasn't pregnant , The scumbag stil has no right to touch anyone, unless they are in physical danger. That's the excuse they use to justify it. Fact is everyone knows they go with a mob mentality backed by corrupt, manmade, laws manipulated into their favor.

the mafia had their own laws too, doesn't make them right. the pigs make the mafia look like choir boys.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Don't need to twist anything, just read the comments true or not.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Revealation

She wasn't bungee jumping or at an abortion clinic. Stop trying to make excuses for an unjustifiable action.

Oh please. Taste your own medicine. You said that by bringing kids into this world we are already risking their lives. That's true, but it's also true that we don't go out of our ways to multiply the risks by a factor of a thousand.

Fact is if she wasn't pregnant , The scumbag stil has no right to touch anyone, unless they are in physical danger.

OK, assume the protesters closed a major road. Camping and all. You are saying that the police doesn't have the right to remove them?

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Inconceivable
It appears that her story is falling apart. This story shows that she is not being honest.

slog.thestranger.com...

Dude.... I read the police report linked to from this blog. If you magnify the text, you will see that the blacked-out trespasser's name does read "Fox".

So, she has a pattern of simulating a miscarriage when she's in altercation with the police. Just saying.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by TinkerHaus
Cops are attacking people at OWS protests all around the country and this woman, knowing this, put her unborn baby in what turned out to be mortal danger.

Good point, but it raises the question..

When will people stand up to this armed force that does not even care about your rights?

This has gone well beyond the reasoning that they are there to protect property. It's now about oppression. With an iron fist, or in this case, pepper spray and a baton to your unborn.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
I must say that I have no respect for a woman who attends these protests while she's pregnant. We've heard about the violence and disease that's plagued these protests. She could've stayed at home and written letters or found some other way of protesting. I'm sorry she lost her child, but I really wouldn't put any faith in the police to "hear" you say that you're pregnant and to allow you to pass. They will do whatever they want and the evidence is there to back this up.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join