It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SUPERBUGS 'WILL KILL ANY HOPE OF FUTURE SURGERY'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   
This is crazy. They are saying that surgery ( routine surgery ) could become life threatening within a generation.
They say it will be impossible to protect patients from bacteria because antibiotics will become ineffective due to overuse.

The top scientist on antibiotic resist- ance at the Health Protection Agency said: “Modern healthcare depends so much on our ability to prevent and treat infection.

He goes on to say,

“If that is lost through antibiotic resist- ance then we have lost our ability to treat superbugs and carry out routine treatments and surgery, from life-saving transplants and chemotherapy to gut operations.

What it if you are taking antibiotics for an illness that you can get rid of without it I would suggest to ask your doctor if its ok.

www.express.co.uk...

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Within a generation? I'm going to say within the next 2-5 years. To be honest, this probably is the case already. Those little buggers seem to be mutating faster and faster.
edit on 22-11-2011 by AnIntellectualRedneck because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by CherubBaby

Our overuse of antibacterial products, antibiotic medicines, and so forth is simply astounding and ridiculous (doctors prescribing antibiotics for viral infections just to shut up whiny and ignorant patients...seriously?), and incredibly shortsighted.

However, with our advancements in genetics, viral technology, and various other manipulations of the micro world, I would be very surprised if we don't end up with other effective methods to handle this issue within a few short years. Instead of drugs, we'll have viruses or other bacteria programmed to seek out and destroy dangerous bugs, reprogrammed immune systems, or who knows what all else may be on the board.

The resistant strains are definitely scary, but with the rate at which our knowledge and abilities to manipulate these things is increasing, I'm not too worried about it.

Now, when this knowledge is misused...*shudder*...we'll have other things to worry about. Possibly more worrisome.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Praetorius

I doubt they going to find something like that soon, they just stuck mixing/deriving antibiotics from previously existing ones, but each tier you go up in level, the dangerous the side effects are. (Pen > Meth > Vanco)

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   
It just means these morons can step aside and allow the herbalists to take center stage.

Superbugs aren't immune to the most potent essential oils out there.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

I've got a bit of a cough, would you please pass the leeches?

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by sixswornsermon

Its funny tho, not point at you but the mentality of people is so wrong nowadays, cough they need medicine, runny nose medicine, fever medicine.. these heal naturally within 3-4 days. I know family members that take Acetominophen/Ibuprofen/ASA for common cold and cough...its sucks how everyone is depended on medicine.

On the other side.. i work in a pharmaceutical Lab
!!! Im kinda of a hypocritish...i guess lol.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

True. We are totally over medicated in the USA. Probably elsewhere also for all I know.

It's like there's a drug for every symptom of the human condition, and when there's not, THEY create a condition for us to fit the drug!

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by sixswornsermon

I think you're trying to imply that I'm spouting pseudo science.

That's your ignorance shinning. Not mine.

MRSA could be wiped out with... OREGANO, say British scientists Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

Susceptibility of methicillin-resistant staphylococci to oregano essential oil, carvacrol and thymol
edit on 22-11-2011 by unityemissions because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Whoa whao there buddy! You trying to say I'm ignant??????

lol

Just kidding dood. I was not implying anything, just cracking a joke.

I have this talk all the time with a friend of mine who is studying eastern medicine.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by sixswornsermon

Apologies.

I'm running off about three hours of sleep from lastnite, and seem to be missing a few punchlines throughout the day.

Take it sleazy!

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Colloidal Silver is an antibiotic that bugs will very unlikely become immune to. It's mechanism of action is that it binds to the disufahydryl group on an enzyme important to anaerobic glycolysis in most pathogenic bacteria. The enzyme is responsible for respiration and metabolism in the bacteria. The catch is the colloidal silver must be made fresh and be of a silver/silver oxide complex of 4-12nm in size. Also using nanosilver particles of this size range for coating surgical dressings, sutures, and instruments will greatly cut down the amount of infections from surgery as well.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Colloidal Silver is an antibiotic that bugs will very unlikely become immune to. It's mechanism of action is that it binds to the disufahydryl group on an enzyme important to anaerobic glycolysis in most pathogenic bacteria. The enzyme is responsible for respiration and metabolism in the bacteria. The catch is the colloidal silver must be made fresh and be of a silver/silver oxide complex of 4-12nm in size. Also using nanosilver particles of this size range for coating surgical dressings, sutures, and instruments will greatly cut down the amount of infections from surgery as well.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by CherubBaby

Uh huh. Plus extreme over-use in factory farms - using human drugs on animals.

"They" are creating superbugs and super-flus faster than we can recognize them.

new topics

top topics

join