It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus and Christianity - Possibly the greatest trick the devil ever played?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Now I expect this idea to be inflammatory, given the nature of this type of thread, when you criticise the belief system of so many, especially christians or muslims. Not to mention the history of religious discussion. I do not intend to be offensive, I simply propose the idea, and I will give my reasoning behind this idea, my reasoning isnt complicated and quite simple.
I base this idea on the fact that Jesus is an idol that takes worship away from the one god.
Combined with the lack of evidence that he ever actually existed, and the horrible acts throughout history that have been done in his name. Also the ability to control or cast out "demons" in his name.
I would like to point out that Im from a christian country, the UK, and went to sunday school as a child. I have some understanding of christian teachings, which I do not disagree with, in the moral value of such teachings, like the moral values of any religion, they are valuable to mankind. Im also a believer in a one god singularity, my quest for enlightenment has shown me personally that the universe must have been created with a divine purpose, I will not go into the detail of all this as I dont have the time or space to go into so much complicated detail. I also do not wish to turn this into a god vs no god argument. I would like to use this thread to simply discuss the possibilty in the threads title.
The catholic church has amassed so much wealth in his name that they could single handedly end world poverty, and they preach giving while they keep their vast wealth to themselves. Then there is the paedophilia scandals for years and years and years, the religious cults that end in disaster, the wars inflicted on mankind in the name of Jesus.
This is a simple hyposthesis I put forward simply for the means to create animated discussion amongst us here, and I have no doubt it will be animated.

Im a new member here at ATS, I have been studying conspiracy since just before 911 and was even more compelled to study it when I saw that something wasnt right, and I saw the devils face in the smoke of the second plane hitting the 2nd tower, before it was ever mentioned anywhere online.
Im slowly putting the pieces of the grand puzzle together and to say I have been shocked by it all is an understatement. Leading me to such things as paedophile rings at the highest levels of our governments, CIA drug running, satanic cults and ritual abuse, UFO's and demonology, the NWO and so much more.

So thats a small bit about me, with that out of the way, please keep this discussion civilised, I know how easily this topic can descend into stupidity.
Discuss away, thank you.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Interesting that this should come up on here today... I was having a discussion on facebook last night about the same thing.... (and some other issues.)

Here is the last post I made on the issue:

OK Enough you two.... I thought this was interesting is all.... I was looking at the OTHER points that the bible points out. IF you would look at the first paragraph you would see this. Wendy, I have my own views about things, and am happy to RATIONALLY discuss them. I refuse to judge people on what their sexual preference is. It is NONE of my business. I know a LOT of people that are gay, felons, against everything I believe in. Do I think they are bad people? NO I DO NOT, because they treat my family and I with the utmost respect. I do know of a LOT of so called "christians" that won't give anyone the time of day, and a neighbor really got me thinking when she said "I can commit ANY sin and because I'm catholic go to confession, do what they say and be forgiven." SORRY............ ABSOLUTELY DISAGREE.

I have a VERY high IQ that I do not need to brag about, a life I cannot complain about because that is who I chose to be, and the wisdom to know how to pick my battles.

I was entertained by the idea of the bible saying we were allowed to have slaves etc., and how that is no longer a current practice because it is "politically incorrect." (just an example). I have been working my arse off, because I CHOOSE to, not because someone tells me I HAVE to.

Which brings me to the OCCUPY movement. Sorry, sometimes you just have to "step down" and accept a job, not think you are entitled to it because you have a degree.

There is sooooooooooo much hate going on in this world. Why are you two bickering about something that you don't know FOR SURE was the word of God???? I mean really, if Jesus was EVER proved to be only a PROPHET, does that mean all Christians are going to hell for "Worshiping an idol" instead of The One True God????

Think about it, EVERY RELIGION says what is RIGHT AND WRONG, and it is up to the individual to believe or not to believe. What is right for one may be wrong for several and visa versa.

Who are we to judge in this life who's smarter, stronger, or has the "gumph" the world needs to survive?

If it is not life threatening, I CHOOSE to not judge, but help my fellow human beings, whether they are sinner, saint, straight, gay, muslim, whatever else is out there.

So if I help a fellow human being and not judge them by MY standards, does that make me not a believer in God?

I really don't care what people think on MY issue. I just put all of this out here so you have another side to look at.

Humans should help humans. Period. End of discussion. There is NO right or wrong when it comes to brotherhood.

K done ranting, go ahead and slam me for things I have been researching and forming my own opinions about. Don't care, I'm good with WHO and WHAT I am. If you choose to judge my opinions, it's on your soul, not mine.

All I would like to point out is the hypocrisy going on in the world, and how bad it has become. If there is any kind of debate, it should not be against any one race, creed, sexual preference, or anything not related to the good of the human race.

Maybe I feel TOO much, but this has got to stop. This is a mindless debate created by people that wanted to scare others in their quest for power.

Ok, going to head for bed now, it's been a really long week, and it just started. Take care and good luck!

Life is too short to fight over things you have no business having an opinion on. In this case, if you aren't gay, you have no business judging for or against their preferences. Some things just are what they are. None of your business, glare at them and move on if you must, but let it go. Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you react to it.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by OneManArmy

I feel ya! I believe in Allah Prophet Muhammad, Jesus, the Budda, all the enlighten individuals. The answer is simple! None of these Ascended Master pleaded war, hate, discrimination, only to love. But humans took that and played the telephone game for thousands of years! Outta sight outta mind. Overtime everything becomes myth or legend. Now, just like our governments, everything is about money! Young souls take something pure and exloit it. Its sad really cuz The Enlightened wanted people to love, but now we have people interpret that as blow yourself up. Or cause bloody wars to retake land. We humanized something too pure for most to grasp. Western religion has a lot to learn. I see young kids saying meditating is against crhristian values! If jesus did it i would think it wasnt....anyways.... I can see why people dont like certain religions but the fact is they r all from one source, they have just been distorted!

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Who is the devil?

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   
look into the brotherhood of the snake and read up on all the lies religion has been feeding us.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by freespirit1

Well said freespirit! I think religion is meant to teach people to feel more like you. Religions teach tolerance and talk about love but i do not see that. We have politicians going against building a muslim prayer center by 911 ground zero. To me there is one undeniable law that if u follow it u will live happily. The law of karma. Do everything as if you r being watched. You cant lie to yourself.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Annee

The devil is whoever u make it. Hell is what u make it. Law of creation.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Thank you for your reply, its funny how things can turn out sometimes, what with the timing of this thread. I personally believe there are no coincidences and things happen for a reason.
I have been watching youtube for quite sometime and often come across muslims and christians fighting it out, and the christians are always saying Jesus save you, Jesus the lord and all those same old sayings, I have wondered for quite some time that maybe the sole purpose of christianity is to take worship away from the one true god. I dont often see them saying may god save you, and isnt he supposed to be the important thing.
There are so many ignorant people in the world and hatred and hypocrisy I agree.
Every religion has been usurped for political control and there are those men among us that will do anything for their little bit of power and domination over others.
But really wasnt Jesus, if he ever did exist, just the prophet, or messenger, how has he been elevated to a god?

edit on 22-11-2011 by OneManArmy because: added who I was replying to.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by CharonIncarnate

I feel ya! I believe in Allah Prophet Muhammad, Jesus, the Budda, all the enlighten individuals. The answer is simple! None of these Ascended Master pleaded war, hate, discrimination, only to love. But humans took that and played the telephone game for thousands of years! Outta sight outta mind. Overtime everything becomes myth or legend. Now, just like our governments, everything is about money! Young souls take something pure and exloit it. Its sad really cuz The Enlightened wanted people to love, but now we have people interpret that as blow yourself up. Or cause bloody wars to retake land. We humanized something too pure for most to grasp. Western religion has a lot to learn. I see young kids saying meditating is against crhristian values! If jesus did it i would think it wasnt....anyways.... I can see why people dont like certain religions but the fact is they r all from one source, they have just been distorted!

Great post, I agree that anything of real spiritual value to mankind on his quest for enlightenment and the quest for peace on earth has been corrupted or destroyed by man on his quest for domination and control of others.
The only way to take our race to the next stage of being is to start to be more spiritual and understanding of others, because ultimately arent we all reflections of ourselves, are we not all one.
And wasnt the story of Jesus simply just a rehashing of older myths and legends like mithra or apollo, or the many other prophets or "man-gods" that came before him.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rekrul
look into the brotherhood of the snake and read up on all the lies religion has been feeding us.

I did do a short study into the brotherhood of the snake a few years ago, I cant remember too much of what I learned. Are they not linked to the same Brotherhood of Death(Skull And Bones) or the Saturnian Worshippers of Saturn. I think their symbol is the snake eating its tail? Am I correct?

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Very true. Everything does happen for a reason haha not just a saying i suppose. But the way i feel about it is all the Enlightened Ones were ordinary people that thru meditation became enlightened. God chose them because he knew what they were capable of. Prophet Muhammad had a life before he became the Prophet. Same with the Budda. Moses too. My point being they were here to help us, it is us who have demonized religions. I picture the divine, god, lord whatever you want to call it as truly loving. Not this "i love you only if u go to church on sundays read my scriptures, and are American" BS. We r here to learn and love each other because we r truly brothers and sisters. We r souls having a human experience. And this "punishment" that we hear of so often feels familiar.....oh a scare tactic as if that move isnt over played and over effective! I think the real punishment to the "sinners" is when they go back to our real existence and see what they have done to their brothers and sisters guilt will punish them enough.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Very true. Everything does happen for a reason haha not just a saying i suppose. But the way i feel about it is all the Enlightened Ones were ordinary people that thru meditation became enlightened. God chose them because he knew what they were capable of. Prophet Muhammad had a life before he became the Prophet. Same with the Budda. Moses too. My point being they were here to help us, it is us who have demonized religions. I picture the divine, god, lord whatever you want to call it as truly loving. Not this "i love you only if u go to church on sundays read my scriptures, and are American" BS. We r here to learn and love each other because we r truly brothers and sisters. We r souls having a human experience. And this "punishment" that we hear of so often feels familiar.....oh a scare tactic as if that move isnt over played and over effective! I think the real punishment to the "sinners" is when they go back to our real existence and see what they have done to their brothers and sisters guilt will punish them enough.

I agree 100% with this. What is all loving when it picks and chooses what the all is?

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Haha ya i think the divine know that mankind needs reminders every few thousand yrs. We have e tools inside us. We dont need to atress the scriptures, attending church, being told what to do to please god. We can look inward and find all the answers because we are all divine beings and are very much still connected to the divine.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Can u rephrase the question?
still too early for riddles

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Haha ya i think the divine know that mankind needs reminders every few thousand yrs. We have e tools inside us. We dont need to atress the scriptures, attending church, being told what to do to please god. We can look inward and find all the answers because we are all divine beings and are very much still connected to the divine.

Exactly!!.
What question needs rephrasing, if you mean my last question, sorry if it wasnt worded very well but I will try again..

What is all loving? When the "all" doesnt include everyone. ie sinners, those that deny, those that believe another religion.
But we are getting a little off topic and into the whole greater question of the reality of spiritual teachings and away from the "nature of Christ" question.
edit on 22-11-2011 by OneManArmy because: getting back on topic.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Oh haha ya that makes more sense. I mean if u think about it all God wants from us is to be ourselves. We all feel good when helping someone do we not? (contrarians need not answer) we r here to learn something and long as we can show everyone a lil love and tolerence we can reach our goal a lot sooner. If you hear God asking for more someones selling you something.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
In my own personal opinion, after numerous hours of research- doesn't matter what sources because it is my OWN opinion:

Jesus was only a prophet. Most religions have prophets, and Jesus was not really considered anything to anyone other than his followers until after his death. Then people started raging about Christ and his goodness and it exploded from there.

To me, a mere man cannot and will not ever truly tell people what to follow in their hearts. In my honest opinion, the bible was made and translated to be a guideline, not an absolute. There are way too many contradictions to make it the absolute RIGHT way to follow, and for Christians to say that the new testament is the ONLY way is preposterous to me- If this is true, what happens to all of the old souls from BEFORE Jesus?

A lot of questions were brought up during a bible study I attended, and the answers I got were "because it is"
Sorry, not good enough for me.

When Moses brought the tablets from the top of the mountain, he broke them in an angry fit because the people were worshipping idols...... How is it taken as absolute truth what they said when no one got to read them?

Every religion has its good points. People need to look inside themselves to find what is right for them, and decide how to pursue their beliefs.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   

I agree he waa just a Prophet. I do believe Prophets are worthy of praise, prayer, and graditude aswell though.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   

I agree he waa just a Prophet. I do believe Prophets are worthy of praise, prayer, and graditude aswell though.

But with no proof of him ever existing was he even a prophet?

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by freespirit1

Every religion has its good points. People need to look inside themselves to find what is right for them, and decide how to pursue their beliefs.

Yes the god within should be our guides, we were gifted with a great thing...intelligence, critical thinking, intuition. But yet so many give this up to rely on others to be told whats true, and they so often blindly accept it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join