It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Historian: The “Curse of Tutankhamun” Was Ritual Murders Carried Out by Aleister Crowley

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Curse of Tutankhamun may have been work of Satanist killer Six mysterious London deaths famously attributed to the ‘Curse of Tutankhamun’ were actually murders by notorious Satanist Aleister Crowley, a historian claims in a new book.

Incredible parallels between Crowley and Jack the Ripper have also been discovered during research by historian Mark Beynon. Throughout the 1920s and 1930s, London was gripped by the mythical curse of Tutankhamun, the Egyptian boy-king, whose tomb was uncovered by British archaeologist Howard Carter.

More than 20 people linked to the opening of the pharaoh’s burial chamber in Luxor in 1923 bizarrely died over the following years – six of them in the capital. Victims included Carter’s personal secretary Captain Richard Bethell, who was found dead in his bed from suspected smothering at an exclusive Mayfair club. Bethell’s father Lord Westbury then plunged seven floors to his death from his St James’s apartment, where he reportedly kept tomb artefacts gifted by his son. And Aubrey Herbert, half-brother of Carter’s financial backer Lord Carnarvon, also died suspiciously in a Park Lane hospital shortly after visiting Luxor.

Article continued here.

Was it really Crowley? Why isn't anyone dying of that curse today? They've excavated many pyramids. I haven't heard about any 'curses' or deaths. It seems almost plausible that the curse was invented to cover up a serial killing spree.
edit on 12/13/2011 by tothetenthpower because: --Mod Edit--Use ONLY 3 paragraphs with External Content

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Wow. Wouldn't that be something, if it's all true.

Par for the course these days, all kinds of cover-ups and fraud being "outed".

Next in line will be Hawass and his "cover-ups!

Might need to add this book to my Christmas list.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by RainbeauBleu

I like! I like!

Great to have a different perspective on things and given Crowley's obsession with the pyramids, it certainly is not out of the realm of possibility.
Nice find!

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   
The thing is though, it is all supposition. There is no actual evidence linking Crowley to any of the deaths.

Quite an interesting theory though and one i am sure Crowley would encourage were he still around!

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Was it really Crowley?

Probably not, but I'm sure "Uncle Al" would be very pleased if people think he was.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   
That one line dubs it accurately, this was the opinion of an "armchair detective". C'mon people, anyone who has done any research on the philosophy of aleister crowley would know that he was not a satanist. At this point in time satanism didn't even exist yet. Crowley was just a scholar of the occult and esoteric mystery schools that are also the fascination of all secret societies - including the freemasons, rosicrucians, and every other one you can think of. He was a government spy for multiple countries because of his knowledge and also because of his powerful connections . It is somewhat common knowledge that the media labeled him 'the wickedest man in the world' and shunned him because he was not mainstream. They also attributed 'wicked' acts to him, like the jack the ripper killings, and now some stupid curse. Crowley was a scholar of many things, including the Qabalistic Tree of Life in which there is a resolution of opposites (good and evil) and he was what he was in order to resolve his own internal struggles.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
another logical explanation to the "king tut curse" although alot was pasted in
maybe a little more description of proof/source at the start of post next time S+F anyways

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   

I don't understand how this kind of garbage can be published after having incredibly detailed accounts of his entire life laid out by more than one scholar. Not to mention that he was not a "satanist". My word, how do these sensationalist tabloid "authors" get away with these books?

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Balderdash! But it would make a GREAT movie. Mr. Crowley could only wish to be that dangerous and efficient...and the "righter" of Egyptology's "wrongs."

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gatto
Great to have a different perspective on things and given Crowley's obsession with the pyramids, it certainly is not out of the realm of possibility.
Nice find!

Nah, sorry. Crowley may not be your cup of tea but he was no murderer.

Aleister Crowley is one of the most misunderstood people in the history of the Western world. You may or may not like his "philosophy" but this story is total bollocks.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Despite the way Crowley has been depicted by the media he was no murderer. Most people only ever read "Do as thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law," and assume Crowley was advocating doing anything one desired. However, that is not what Thelema was about and is in fact the exact opposite of what Crowley was espousing.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
This allegation against Crowley is simply nonsense. Learn the complete truth here:

www.saff.ukhq.co.uk...

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254
Despite the way Crowley has been depicted by the media he was no murderer. Most people only ever read "Do as thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law," and assume Crowley was advocating doing anything one desired. However, that is not what Thelema was about and is in fact the exact opposite of what Crowley was espousing.

Ol' Al , as it turns out, didn't deny himself much--if anything--at all. From drugs to myriad sexual liaisons with many men & women, and wasn't immune to a good cup o' sacrificed cat's blood every once in awhile just to mention a mere few.

I can't see where all this "knowledge" did him a lot of good seeing as he died broke, sickly, and addicted.

I'll personally pass on both his philosophy and lifestyle.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by SWALF
This allegation against Crowley is simply nonsense. Learn the complete truth here:

www.saff.ukhq.co.uk...

That's very amusing. Thank you for sharing. Welcome to ATS. This is your very first post, I see! I'm honored.
edit on 13/12/11 by RainbeauBleu because:

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

That's a good question. I don't know, but I love your default photo. The Cat/Crowley Pose...very nice!

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254

I understand what you're saying. I have friends that are initiated into Crowley's work. Still, Crowley makes some interesting statements.....the man is more than the sum of his writings.

"For the highest spiritual working one must accordingly choose that victim which contains the greatest and purest force. A male child of perfect innocence and high intelligence. It is the sacrifice of oneself spiritually. And the intelligence and innocence of that male child are the perfect understanding of the Magician, his one aim, without lust of result. And male he must be, because what he sacrifices is not the material blood, but his creative power." - Aleister Crowley

source

new topics

top topics

join