It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fukushima Tepco-Cam! A Technical Question.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Dear Member of the Science and Technology Forum,

since Weeks and Months i search for a explanation of the Colors
we all can see sometimes via the Tepco-Cam;
www.tepco.co.jp...
(This is a Windows Cam and i do not know how to link them)

It happen many Times in front of the Rubble (formerly known as Reactor Nr. 3)
in between the Emergency Gas-Stacks/ the Towers, Construction Equipment and the Core,
also we can see some Sparks all around the optical Field.

The Colors are Green, Golden, Yellow, Blue and a Melange of all of them!

This colorful Events happen not all the Time, only Sometimes.

What can it be?
X-Rays, Radionuclide, Gas, just Energy or Energy Fields, optical Illusions,
a damaged Camera, Lens-Flares, Poolium or other Lights?

Until now i do not found a real explanation for this and i hope somebody can "enlighten me"

PS; please excuse my bad English and ask me for a better Explanation of my Quest
in the case you do not understand me

edit on 22-11-2011 by Human0815 because: title spell

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Human0815

Is it possible for you to find clips of these events so link to? It's hard to say anything without seeing it first hand.

Anyways, in the early days of the disaster one of the reactors had gone uncontrolled fission, and some of the video showed strange blue/green lights or flashes, which are indications of a nuclear reaction.

It could be that.

Or it could be a crappy camera, i'm not sure of the effects of radiation on a digital camera, but for film is causes problems.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by phishyblankwaters

Is it possible for you to find clips of these events so link to?
It's hard to say anything without seeing it first hand.

This are the Sparks;

And this is a good example of the "Colorful Events";

edit on 22-11-2011 by Human0815 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Greetings Human 0815:

We have been following your escalating light flashes questions and will attempt a guess of our own.

Upon close examination and matching of images, it appears to us that the flashes of light that you are referring to are emanating from the window on the left.

Because of the angle of the flashes, it follows that the source of the light is below the window and slightly to the right of said window.

Now, the question might be, what could be causing these flashes of light?

X-Rays, Radionuclide, Gas, just Energy or Energy Fields, optical Illusions,
a damaged Camera, Lens-Flares, Poolium or other Lights?

We'll go along with your guess of "other lights" until others with knowledge of neutron beams chime in and rule that out.

... It happen many Times in front of the Rubble (formerly known as Reactor Nr. 3)

This is Reactor #3. Which side do you consider "front?"

What is the building in the video?

Which make the light more puzzling and interesting.

Recriticality?

Spontaneous fission?

Children playing with Light Sabers?
Peace Love Light
tfw
[align=center][color=magenta]Liberty & Equality or Revolution[/align]

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Artifact caused my radiation.

www.liveleak.com...

Obviously older footage from Chernobyl used film whereas newer footage is digital. However given that they are both designed to do the same job (i.e. film things), maybe they show similar artifacts when under intense radiation.

edit on 22/11/11 by C0bzz because: (no reason given)

That's my guess anyway.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Human0815
This are the Sparks;

And this is a good example of the "Colorful Events";
The first video looks like if could be caused by a radioactive particle hitting the camera's image sensor. I have no way to verify that's what caused it but radiation can have that effect...we've seen something similar when cosmic rays strike image sensors in cameras in outer space.

The second video...what the heck dude? It seems to me like you just wasted 2 minutes of my life by posting a video that shows nothing. You didn't give any time index and so I watched the whole thing and I saw no colorful events. So you'll have to do a lot better job of explaining what you're seeing in that video, it's definitely not self explanatory.
edit on 22-11-2011 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
I have tons of screen caps of these flashes. I will post a few and if you would like more just say the word.

And a zoom.

Some nights more are green, other nights more purple.

This one looks like it is shooting out from behind reactor 1. This makes me think it's not camera distortion.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aircooled
This one looks like it is shooting out from behind reactor 1. This makes me think it's not camera distortion.
That doesn't look any different than the others you posted which are much further from the reactor.

So I don't see why you think the proximity to the reactor is significant? It's not.

Here's a picture for comparison:

www.lifeslittlemysteries.com...

"It looks like a linear streak artifact produced by a cosmic ray," said Alfred McEwen, a planetary geologist at the Lunar and Planetary Lab at the University of Arizona and the director of the Planetary Imaging Research Laboratory. McEwen is the principal investigator of the High Resolution Imaging Science Experiment (HiRISE), a powerful telescope currently orbiting Mars.

Cosmic rays are extremely energetic particles emitted by the sun and other stars. For the most part, the Earth's protective magnetosphere blocks them from hitting the planet's surface, McEwen explained. "But with space images that are taken outside our magnetosphere, such as those taken by orbiting telescopes, it's very common to see these cosmic ray hits. You see them on optical images and a lot of the infrared images too," he told Life's Little Mysteries. [Read: Why Do Photos from Deep Space Take So Long to Get to Earth?]

As a cosmic ray passes through a camera's image sensor, it deposits a large amount of its electric charge in the pixels that it penetrates. If the particle passes through at a shallow angle to the plane of the camera, it affects several pixels along its path. The result is a bright streak on the image.
Cosmic rays are a form of radiation.

We know the TEPCO site is contaminated with radiation. therefore it's not surprising we see similar artifacts caused by radiation. In fact that cosmic ray artifact looks almost identical to the artifact on the right side of your second image. And we know from that trajectory that the particle was traveling in a direction somewhat parallel to the camera's image sensor. That means the source of the radiation was probably much closer to the camera than the reactor. My guess is the source for that streak was some radioactive contamination on the ground, somewhat underneath the camera but off to the side a bit.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

I think it might show depth. The bottom of the flash is cut off from visual site buy the roof of #1. That makes me think ejection of something a little more solid. Nuclear popcorn. A lot of other metals have mixed with the melted fuel. How would copper, aluminum, concrete, sedimetary rock, etc react?
From sun-up yesterday. It has a shadow.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Aircooled

WOW....I have seen the lights and flashes etc....that pic you posted is different! I have seen things like that a few times and it freaked me out a bit, but I wasn't recording.... I'm going to try to catch it on video and if I do, I'll post it here. I haven't watched the live cam in a while.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aircooled

I think it might show depth. The bottom of the flash is cut off from visual site buy the roof of #1.
It looks to me like there's a gap between the roof and the light flash so I don't agree it's cut off by the roof.

That makes me think ejection of something a little more solid. Nuclear popcorn. A lot of other metals have mixed with the melted fuel. How would copper, aluminum, concrete, sedimetary rock, etc react?
From sun-up yesterday. It has a shadow.

What makes you think that's not a bird?

Where's the video that came from?

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arbitrageur

The second video...what the heck dude? It seems to me like you just wasted 2 minutes of my life by posting a video that shows nothing. You didn't give any time index and so I watched the whole thing and I saw no colorful events.

You can not see that Blue Spot?

It is very easy to see

in front of Rubble Pile Nr. 3 and 4,
low above that shrubbery and close to the Valve/ Stake!

This is a whole Hour speed-ed up in to 3 min.,
on that day and the same time there was so many colors!
(Of course not like in a Manga!)

The Sparks can be created by Rays but what is the origin when a whole Field
get colored for a longer Time like we can see in the 2'nd Video?

Is this maybe a Windows Compression Problem/ Malfunction?
Gas?

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   

I thought it would be nice to have an open discussion about these flashes/ejections but you've made it plain that you're not going to let that happen. Here's your film.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   
I have copied this post from the megafukuthread to help explain what we are seeing here.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Originally posted by zworld

Originally posted by Human0815
I try to find the ultimate Answer for the Sparks and Colors,
help to articulate your/ our Observations and post your ideas too;
F`Shima Cam, a technical question

Thats an interesting theory that Arbitrageur has posted.

We know the TEPCO site is contaminated with radiation. therefore it's not surprising we see similar artifacts caused by radiation. In fact that cosmic ray artifact looks almost identical to the artifact on the right side of your second image. And we know from that trajectory that the particle was traveling in a direction somewhat parallel to the camera's image sensor. That means the source of the radiation was probably much closer to the camera than the reactor. My guess is the source for that streak was some radioactive contamination on the ground, somewhat underneath the camera but off to the side a bit.

That implies the source being from around the areas under the electrical conduit walkway next to the cam, where the strange blobs and blurs occur. Hmmmmmm. The only thing I dont understand is, why on the bot cams that go inside the reactor buildings and get pinged massively, why do these pings not seem to make streaks since some would have to travel at an angle across multiple pixels as well. A double hmmmmm. Or do they? Ill have to go back and check.
edit on 22-11-2011 by zworld because: (no reason given)

Ahh cameras. Good to get back to this subject, we wouldn't see fukushima without them! I like cameras if you cannot tell.. They keep me fed sometimes!
I have touched on this briefly before, pretty much what Arbitrageur said but with one thing we need to take into account:Compton scattering. This causes gamma/x-rays to deviate from their original path as they hit dense parts of an atom nucleus, so the source could still be the reactors for a longer 'line type' gamma strike, however less likely!

Gamma strike? What the hell is that ghost rider? To recap my earlier in thread gamma strike explainations, I'm going to use pictures to hopefully clear this up for everyone
1000 words an whatnot. Many cameras nowadays use CMOS (complementary metal oxide semiconductor) technology (example below) but there are still many CCD (charge coupled device) cameras. However either technology type is nearly irrelevant as the cause and effect is about the same under high exposure rates.. they inherently are displaying the same thing, using a different detection and processing method.

The meat:

Each one of those pixels (dots) you see in a photo is often made by something like this:

It sits in an array like this (photo is 1cm across!):

Images courtesy of www.maxmax.com - the very best in infrared camera conversions (UFO hunter heaven!) Hosted by imageshack

Each sensor dot is filtered with either Red, green or blue (pictured) so the camera can determine what colour it is seeing (it can't actually see coloured images without these filters!). These are combined to make a colour picture (R+G+B).

When a high energy particle or x/gamma ray strikes these little intricate chips, they can cause a cascade of electrons through the circuits, so erroneous (depending on how you want to look at it) data is sent to the cameras 'brain'. That's why we see these strikes and why the colour is different each time. Now when they are in a long line or squiggle, you can tell that the ray has struck many sensors in a row before either bouncing out or dissipating. Compton scattering states it doesn't have to be from that direction originally, but chances are higher.

The reason the robocam doesn't get them as bad is that it will be radiation hardened, using better logic (programming to remove these artifacts), thicker materials around the sensors, all to dissipate radiation before it reaches the sensor. Never quite works 100% with gamma shine though, if you watch dark parts of images you may be lucky.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by GhostR1der

As far as i understand: "Yes, the Spark are caused by Radiation"!

But what is the reason for "the fields of Color" as we can see atm. at the left Crane?

Domo for your Answer!

Of course also a huge "Thank You" to all the Others

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 07:18 AM
link   
One more time, me again

Please look;
lucaswhitefieldhixson.com...

We have this both Cams,
at the Tepco Cam the Warning Light on the Cranes are Red with a touch of Pink
but on the JNN/ TBS Cam they are Yellow with a touch of Orange.

Now we have this tiny Spot in Blue with a touch of Green and many People think "oh my, the Corium",
but which Color do this Spot get in the Tepco-Cam, in what do this Color change?

Is my question understandable, a little bit confused

edit on 8-12-2011 by Human0815 because: (no reason given)

join