It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Study: Brain Damaged People Make Better Bankers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 07:41 AM
link   
This is an old news article, but its fundemental, bankers do not have empathy, or emotional responses for others. (And these people are now in charge of countries!). They have been actually employing specific bankers with such disorders to assist in making desicions that affact peoples lives. So if you believe our leaders have any feelings for the public, think again.

"People with certain kinds of brain damage may make better investment decisions. That is the conclusion of a new study offering some compelling evidence that mixing emotion with investing can lead to bad outcomes."

online.wsj.com...

www.guardian.co.uk...

edit on 22-11-2011 by TheMindWar because: Typos

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Oh great our investors and speculators are now proven mental cases.

However, it does make sense why we are all monetary screwed beyond belief though !

Just a thought, The UK's 'care in the community' policy really does work.
Now these fruit cakes are running the show.
edit on 22/11/2011 by diddy1234 because: (no reason given)

edit on 22/11/2011 by diddy1234 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   
So......No surprise there then.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Just a scientific confirmation that many banker types are sociopaths or have psychopathic tendencies.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   
I thought as of recent that brain damage was a prerequisite of employment for bankers.

I am surprised to find out it is only a bonus for employers...and not a requirement.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by TheMindWar

I wonder how long it will be before "emotionally impaired" people
are prefered over "normal" people? I am thinking that TPTB will
find their job of de-populating the world easier if the ones causing
the deaths are devoid of any emotions.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by mamabeth
reply to post by TheMindWar

I wonder how long it will be before "emotionally impaired" people
are prefered over "normal" people? I am thinking that TPTB will
find their job of de-populating the world easier if the ones causing
the deaths are devoid of any emotions.

Well, seeing how here in the US, being overweight is the new normal.
What you suggest is only a matter of time.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
I worked selling real estate for a number of years when my kids were little and I needed a bigger paycheck.

I worked with a number of lenders. Most of them were nice friendly people who were very good at getting people loans.

Perhaps it's just my perspective but they didn't appear brain damaged to me. They helped a lot of nice people purchase homes.

But, now it's popular to villainize people because of the sins of a few... So now bankers are now all brain damaged.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wildbob77

Perhaps it's just my perspective but they didn't appear brain damaged to me. They helped a lot of nice people purchase homes.

How many of those people were approved for loans that even the bank knew they could not afford. Once the loan is approved, then that is when it becomes the banks fault when they should have denied the loan.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
I used to be a loan officer, generating debt for folks, and I can attest that the underwriting dept was made up of near automatons who only looked at #s and had the emotional range of a Daisy air rifle!

In the "salad days" when money flowed like water, your debt/income wasn't a concern so much as your credit score and the amount of equity that you were borrowing against. One customer applied for a line of credit against her home, she was @ 73.2% D/I on an intrest only payment (!) but her credit score was 830 something and was given an instant approval. Which bothered me to know end, but I was getting paid well to be a good little $ selling Corporate Nazi monkey.

Fast foward a couple of years to whne the flow stopped, I had many customers with a D/I under 30%, credit rating 760+ and borrowing far less than 80% of the value and reasons were FOUND not to approve the loans. Typically the declination was based on a bobble in their deposit history where one month they put less $ into their accts!

Same underwriters, but they were "doing their jobs" like good like corporate Nazis. I guess as an employer that is what you want? I know that I couldn't do it any longer so I got out, I miss the money but I don't miss feeling like walking/talking/breathing slime.

Derek

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Skewed

Everyone knows that being overweight is normal after turning 40.
Besides,I am not overweight...I am under tall

Now excuse me while I munch on these cookies here,I don't want
to get any crumbs on my keyboard!

new topics

top topics

join