It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Architect of Fukushima’s Reactor 3 warns of massive hydrovolcanic explosion

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by jcord
I am suspicious because you mention radioactive debris reaching the Marshalls. There was venting of gas into the air and there was also the tons of water that the US told Japan to dump into the Pacific. Then there is the huge amount of debris from villages all along the coast that was struck by the tsunami. These are two different things. I do not believe that the debris for the most part is radioactive.

edit:

I do not believe that any serious engineer would make the assertion that the debris is radioactive. Therefore the entire story is in my opinion questionable.
edit on 22-11-2011 by jcord because: (no reason given)

Why not, they had to stop people from using downed trees from the are for fire wood as it WAS radioactive.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Char-Lee

Originally posted by jcord
I am suspicious because you mention radioactive debris reaching the Marshalls. There was venting of gas into the air and there was also the tons of water that the US told Japan to dump into the Pacific. Then there is the huge amount of debris from villages all along the coast that was struck by the tsunami. These are two different things. I do not believe that the debris for the most part is radioactive.

edit:

I do not believe that any serious engineer would make the assertion that the debris is radioactive. Therefore the entire story is in my opinion questionable.
edit on 22-11-2011 by jcord because: (no reason given)

Why not, they had to stop people from using downed trees from the are for fire wood as it WAS radioactive.

I agree, there is very good long term evidence, that there indeed is going to be long term residual contamination, but these known facts are dismissed under the guise of (What if) and at the time of building such technology, all concerns raised about this (what if) situation are howled down or political expedience, sweeps it under the carpet , for all manner of reasons, that defies logic

Well now we see the significances of the, what if factors, and the clear visible responses to it, by this Industry

BEING THE IS NONE

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Japanese tend to think in terms of "one big thing". And why not? Giant earthquakes, Tsunamis, and Nuclear explosions like Hiroshima and Nagasaki are all significantly unique events. During WWII the military leaders of Japan kept thinking in terms of one big battle that could defeat the Americans.

Instead of one big volcanic steam explosion, it is more likely to continue as it has been. Sudden fresh spikes of radioactivity are indicative that these cores are not done yet and continue to sink deeper into the bedrock. They will not of course reach China that is ludicrous, but each time they encounter moisture and break thru another layer of molten slag that surrounds the still hot cores, there will be "cavitation" and steam releases to the atmosphere. Following underground channels these radioactively contaminated gaseous clouds of vapor will come to the surface thru any number of channels. Sewer lines, man holes, drains. Basements, mall parking lots and school playgrounds for miles around might be seen to be "venting".

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr
Japanese tend to think in terms of "one big thing". And why not? Giant earthquakes, Tsunamis, and Nuclear explosions like Hiroshima and Nagasaki are all significantly unique events. During WWII the military leaders of Japan kept thinking in terms of one big battle that could defeat the Americans.

Instead of one big volcanic steam explosion, it is more likely to continue as it has been. Sudden fresh spikes of radioactivity are indicative that these cores are not done yet and continue to sink deeper into the bedrock. They will not of course reach China that is ludicrous, but each time they encounter moisture and break thru another layer of molten slag that surrounds the still hot cores, there will be "cavitation" and steam releases to the atmosphere. Following underground channels these radioactively contaminated gaseous clouds of vapor will come to the surface thru any number of channels. Sewer lines, man holes, drains. Basements, mall parking lots and school playgrounds for miles around might be seen to be "venting".

The point I make is, there is always much wisdom after a catastrophe, but never any before, when the precise same wisdom is precisely there and the same, that warns of same, but now there is little anyone can do, except suck it and see, but when, some one,or anyone, proposes to go down the same road, then you or they have got rocks in there heads, or should that read, a fat bank balance's, they both have the same end result

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by bulla

Yeah bulla......Perfect Statement!!
I couldn't have said it better meself!!

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   
I expected if a hydro-volcanic event were going to happen it would have taken place by now, unless I am misjudging the speed at which the corium materials would sink through the soil and rock.

Also, after thinking about it a few times over the months, I came to the conclusion that the corium would slowly disperse and spread as it sank through the ground under the facilities' foundation. As it melted downwards it would mix with more rock and dirt and I expect it would eventually lose potency.

Of course it's still ultra-dangerous toxic material with radioactive emissions, but I have stopped expecting a hydro-volcanic event in the last several months.

Who knows maybe I am wrong? If you can come up with good reasons why let me know. Also obviously if it actually happens then of course I'd be wrong but it hasn't yet.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   
I guess it all just depends on what the truth really is after all?

None of us would know though because TEPCO, the Nuclear Industry, and the Government collusion has prevented us from ever knowing what that truth would be.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 05:49 AM
link   
As per the below Image the radioactive materials already reached 11 Meters underground..not sure when itz going to explode..

edit on 24-11-2011 by AncietSoul because: Image...

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Do we know how quickly it is burrowing (I remember reading a speed somewhere here...), and how deep the water table is?

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 06:58 AM
link   
reply to post by manicminxx

Refer to the image in above post to your's. As per that it is 15M and that melted fuel has reached 11M.

I am not sure whether that Pic is only for demonstration purpose or the original situation.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by manicminxx
Do we know how quickly it is burrowing (I remember reading a speed somewhere here...), and how deep the water table is?

This is depending on different factors like the Size, the Composition and the Mass of the Corium,
what kind of Cement-Table,
etc., etc.!

The best what i can offer at this Time is a Wikipedia Link which look okay to me,
please use all Literature Links too and R.E.P.O.R.T!!!

en.wikipedia.org...

I think it is okay to say a few Millimeter a Day maximal

top topics

<< 1   >>

join