It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Architect of Fukushima’s Reactor 3 warns of massive hydrovolcanic explosion

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 07:27 AM
link   
While reading some article in theextinctionprotocol web site I came across this one and thought to share this with you guys.

TOKYO – Architect of Fukushima Daiichi Reactor 3, Uehara Haruo, the former president of Saga University had an interview on 11/17/2011. In this interview, he admitted Tepco’s explanation does not make sense, and that the China syndrome is inevitable. He stated that considering 8 months have passed since 311 without any improvement, it is inevitable that melted fuel went out of the container vessel and sank underground, which is called China syndrome. He added, if fuel has reaches a underground water vein, it will cause contamination of underground water, soil contamination and sea contamination. Moreover, if the underground water vein keeps being heated for long time, a massive hydrovolcanic explosion will be caused. He also warned radioactive debris is spreading in Pacific Ocean. Tons of the debris has reached the Marshall Islands as of 11/15/2011. –Fukushima Diary

China Syndrome:

The term China syndrome (loss-of-coolant accident) describes a nuclear reactor operations accident characterized by the severe meltdown of the core components of the reactor, which then burn through the containment vessel and the housing building, then notionally through the crust and body of the Earth until reaching China

Could any one please explain what hydrovolcanic Explosion means and what kinf of effects it will cause, whether locally or globally.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 07:32 AM
link   
I'm not a geologist or nuclear expert..

I'm assuming a hydrovolcanic explosion, however, is exactly as it sounds..

Hydro = water, volcanic = spurting from the Earth. So yeah, radioactive hot water geysers spurting out of the ground. Effects would be limited to the local area initially, but of course the radiation will spread out to the environment and disperse globally.

This is bad news, but nothing that certain sources haven't been saying all along. Thanks for posting.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by AncietSoul

A hydrovolcanic explosion is generated by the interaction of hot magma with ground water. It is called Surtseyan after the 1963 explosive eruption off Iceland. The water flashes to steam and expands explosively. Liquid water becoming water gas at constant volume generates a pressure of 30,000 atmospheres.

Numerical Model for Krakatoa (pdf)

30,000 atmospheres is over 400,000 pounds per square inch, I think. That's a lot of pressure.

edit on 22-11-2011 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by AncietSoul

High pressure steam explosion,like a boiler or to put it a better way a geyser without a vent hole.

Steam is very powerful, at the pressures a china syndrome can achieve it will cause cracking and fissures in the rock beneath Fukushima leading eventually to a radioactive geyser or multiple geysers being formed.

Personally i don't see a massive Krakatoa volcanic explosion occurring, but a radioactive geyser is not something you would want in your back yard either.

Cosmic..

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 07:41 AM
link   
I am suspicious because you mention radioactive debris reaching the Marshalls. There was venting of gas into the air and there was also the tons of water that the US told Japan to dump into the Pacific. Then there is the huge amount of debris from villages all along the coast that was struck by the tsunami. These are two different things. I do not believe that the debris for the most part is radioactive.

edit:

I do not believe that any serious engineer would make the assertion that the debris is radioactive. Therefore the entire story is in my opinion questionable.
edit on 22-11-2011 by jcord because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Cosmic4life

I don't believe that a Krakatoa-like explosion will happen.

I just thought that the definition was good and I included the source.

It could be viewed as sensational I guess, since it was posted by the Tsunami Society.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Makes perfect sense.

If members care to know, I called this exact scenario in a couple of posts back in March.

I don't know if I even got a star or response about the concern.

I think it's inevitable that the radioactive material hits water or gas and goes kablooey.

Should be quite the display of fireworks.

Poor Japan.

edit on 22-11-2011 by unityemissions because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   
A loss-of-coolant accident might be a precursor to core melt but they are two different events. The Wikipedia page is in error.

As for the rest:

Temperatures recorded at the bottoms of the reactor vessels for units 2 and 3 are below 70ºC, while unit 1 is cooler still at 37ºC. Being below the landmark 100ºC, these basically fulfil the conditions for the declaration of cold shutdown although this has not been officially recognised by the government.

A complicating factor is the uncertainty over the melted core. Water leaking from holes in the bottoms of the reactor vessels, has lead to concerns that corium may have followed. But this theory is not supported by radiation readings from the drywell below, with the exception of unit 1 where a damaged sensor is fluctuating wildly. The drywells contain large pools of water at below 50ºC.

Amid this uncertainty, the Japanese government seems unready to declare the end-of-year goal of cold shutdown as having been achieved. Nevertheless, Tepco's document today shows it has notified the government that it has achieved and then 'maintained' cold shutdown - part of a subsequent set of goals.

Tepco said that if corium was indeed present in the drywell, "steam generation would be suppressed due to sufficient cooling, thus the release of radioactive materials from [containment] has been kept under control." The rate of emission of radioactivity is currently around 13 million times less than at the height of the accident on 15 March.

www.world-nuclear-news.org...

edit on 22/11/11 by C0bzz because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by C0bzz

If the corium is present in the containment. I guess they really don't know.

If it is located 80 feet below the containment, they probably have some cool readings in the containment. If the corium is outside of the containment, they may have to rename 'containment'.

Maybe call it pollute-ment?

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy
reply to post by C0bzz

If the corium is present in the containment. I guess they really don't know.

If it is located 80 feet below the containment, they probably have some cool readings in the containment. If the corium is outside of the containment, they may have to rename 'containment'.

Maybe call it pollute-ment?

If the corium melted a hole downwards through the drywell then the drywell wouldn't likely be full of water unless of course, water is continually pumped into it at a rate equal to or greater than the leak. And if that were the case then the corium would likely be covered in water and cool due to gravity draining the drywell on top of the corium mass (else an explosion would have already occurred).

Of course, TEPCO might be lying.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   
More from other sources reg this situation

At present, I believe that there is a possibility that massive amounts of radioactive materials will be released into the environment again. At the No. 1 reactor, there’s a chance that melted fuel has burned through the bottom of the pressure vessel, the containment vessel and the floor of the reactor building, and has sunk into the ground. From there, radioactive materials may be seeping into the ocean and groundwater.
The government and plant operator TEPCO are trumpeting the operation of the circulation cooling system, as if it marks a successful resolution to the disaster. However, radiation continues to leak from the reactors. The longer the circulation cooling system keeps running, the more radioactive waste it will accumulate. It isn’t really leading us in the direction we need to go. It’s doubtful that there’s even a need to keep pouring water into the No.1 reactor, where nuclear fuel is suspected to have burned through the pressure vessel. Meanwhile, it is necessary to keep cooling the No. 2 and 3 reactors, which are believed to still contain some fuel, but the cooling system itself is unstable. If the fuel were to become overheated again and melt, coming into contact with water and trigger a steam explosion, more radioactive materials will be released.
We are now head to head with a situation that mankind has never faced before. Mainichi also reports: The Ground Self-Defense Force (GSDF) and residents of the zone between 20 and 30 kilometers from the stricken Fukushima No. 1 nuclear plant held an emergency evacuation drill on Sept. 12 … in preparation for any further large-scale emission of radioactive materials from the plant.
The scenario for the drill presupposed further meltdown of the Fukushima plant’s No. 3 reactor core, and a local accumulation of radioactive materials emitting 20 millisieverts of radiation within the next four days. …

As per the expert Arnie Gundersen "new build up of hydrogen may cause the reactors to explode again"

Linkl

edit on 22-11-2011 by AncietSoul because: Source Provided

edit on 22-11-2011 by AncietSoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by C0bzz

Of course, TEPCO might be lying.

We will probably never know.

Maybe our great-great grandchildren will, but I doubt it.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   
I didnt see his post and osted another thread, sorry dude
will ask for the thread to be closed.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy

I don't believe that a Krakatoa-like explosion will happen.

I just thought that the definition was good and I included the source.

It could be viewed as sensational I guess, since it was posted by the Tsunami Society.

Actually i didn't see your post when i was writing mine, in fact i thought i was writing the first post, but then when i hit the button i see two posts before me, i guess i'll have to be quicker next time.

It's interesting to me how we all thought roughly the same thing at the same time, so no i wasn't implying anything because at the time i was unaware of your post.

We are agreed that it will most likely take the form of radioactive geysers.

Krakatoa ....synchronicity....or collective memory ?

Cosmic..
edit on 22-11-2011 by Cosmic4life because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by TheMindWar

Hey.. No probs
.. If you have anyother info regarding this please share..

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   
What i would like to know is what kind of radioactivity is going to be in vented steam ??

Will there be particles ? and particles of what ??

All i know is that heat make water expand make vessel go boom boom
, what kind of mineral processes that may occur is something i'd be very concerned about if i was in Japan, and i may yet be concerned if it ends up circulating the world in the form of water vapor

I don't believe a word of TEPCO, they have already dumped millions of tons of radioactive water into the Pacific which is a crime imo, they've lied about everything, i think we are going to see massive mutation in Pacific species and soon to see human mutations in Japan now that we are nearing the 9 month mark.

Looks bleak to me.

Cosmic..

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   

If it's in reactor 3, then it's uber-bad moxtification going on in there.

Let's just say it won't be humanities brightest day.

On other thought, maybe it will be our brightest night.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   

TOKYO – Architect of Fukushima Daiichi Reactor 3, Uehara Haruo, the former president of Saga University had an interview on 11/17/2011. In this interview, he admitted Tepco’s explanation does not make sense, and that the China syndrome is inevitable. He stated that considering 8 months have passed since 311 without any improvement, it is inevitable that melted fuel went out of the container vessel and sank underground, which is called China syndrome.

I was really interested in this Article a few days ago and asked my Wife
how she would translate that Word into English,
she said the sentence would be;
"it is possible, eventual"

Even the case that the majority of the Corium left the PCV and the Table
do not mean a explosive China Syndrome is "Inevitable"!

And; i really wish that this will not happen

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Human0815

As if the radioactive aftermath of the initial explosion were not enough for Japan to deal with now you have the (possibility) of further contamination.

I wish you well over there in Tokyo, take care of yourself and each-other.

Cosmic..

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
I think the description, China syndrome, is somewhat of an impossibility, given laws of gravity, as once it reaches the inner core of Earth, then to proceed further, it would then have to defeat the laws of gravity, to go any further

However, given that some super heating would be able to escape buck up the, said melted aperture, and while it could begin as a geezer, it could soon be followed by magma, all be it, it would be cooled as it past via the water, and
become a cold plug, there by, sealing itself off again, TOUCH-WOOD

top topics

<<   2 >>

join