It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BBC Pro Rothschild 'propoganda'?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 04:52 AM
link   
A new BBC documentary currently being heavily promoted here in the UK..

When bankers do good

Ian Hislop examines the colourful, seriously loaded Victorian financiers whose spectacular philanthropy shows that banking wasn't always a byword for greed or self-serving financial recklessness.

BBC

The bankers who will feature in the show..

George Peabody, Natty Rothschild, Samuel Gurney and Angela Burdett-Coutts

So we see a name pop up there that we all recognize.. Natty Rothschild...

His grandfather was a prominent figure in the Rothschild dynasty.. Nathan Mayer Rothschild..

He is regarded as a key figure in the family gaining power and wealth in Europe.. Especially in London...

In the 19th century a legend began which accuses him of having used his early knowledge of victory at the Battle of Waterloo to speculate on the Stock Exchange and make a vast fortune.[9]

en.wikipedia.org...

...With this loyalty and success, the British government entrusted Nathan to finance Britain's allies against Napoleon. This is where the Rothschilds were able to make some money...

..invested nearly all the Rothschild money in British consols in 1817...

..invested the excess from the Wellington war chest to the benefit of the British Government, which put him on good terms with the Treasury and the Chancellor of the Exchequer and increased his reputation in The City of London...

...arranged a large ground-breaking international loan to Prussia...

...financed the new Brazilian government...

...saved The Bank of England with a large injection of gold..

...loaned money to King George IV, the Duke of York in 1824, and Princess Charlotte..

...became personal bankers of the Duke of Wellington...

...multi-million pound sterling loan with Russia...

...saved The Bank of England with a large injection of gold..

...established the Rothschilds in the gold bullion market, which they have directed from London ever since..

www.theconspiracyexplained.com...

His father was heavily involved in British politics..

In 1847 Lionel de Rothschild was first elected to the British House of Commons as one of four MPs for the City of London constituency. Jews were at that point still barred from sitting in the chamber due to the Christian oath required to be sworn in so Prime Minister Lord John Russell introduced a Jewish Disabilities Bill to remove the problem with the oath.

..On 26 July 1858 de Rothschild took the oath..

..took his seat as the first Jewish member of Parliament...

en.wikipedia.org...

Natty Rotshchild

became a member of the House of Lords and was created Baron Rothschild, of Tring in the County of Hertford, in the Peerage of the United Kingdom.
He also was Baron (Freiherr) von/de Rothschild, of the Austrian Empire, a nobility title he had inherited via his father. Lord Rothschild was the first Jewish member of the House of Lords

He worked as a partner in the London branch of the family bank NM Rothschild and Sons and became head of the bank after his father's death in 1879. During his tenure he also maintained its pre-eminent position in private venture finance and in issuing loans to the governments of the USA, Russia and Austria. Following the Rothschild's funding of the Suez Canal a close relationship was maintained with Benjamin Disraeli and affairs in Egypt.

en.wikipedia.org... hild

So its quite clear this line of Rothschilds were heavily involved in infiltrating Britain.. Financially and politically..

George Peabody

..the most popular host in London would also become a very successful businessman, particularly with the House of Rothschild supporting him behind the scenes..

..His American agent was the Boston firm of Beebe, Morgan and Company, headed by Junius S. Morgan, father of John Pierpont Morgan..

..He persuaded Morgan to join him in London as a partner in George Peabody and Company in 1854..

..the House of Rothschild, with whom Morgan was later to become associated...

www.cephas-library.com...

So we have Peabody linked with the Rothschilds and J.P Morgan and of course J.P Morgan linked with The Rothschilds..

It is also interesting to note Peabody also received the honour of freeman of the city of london.

Freedom of the City is an ancient honour granted to martial organizations, allowing them the privilege to march into the city "with drums beating, colours flying, and bayonets fixed".

en.wikipedia.org... ty_of_London

Samuel Gurney

The Quaker families of Gurney, Pease and Buxton have always been on very friendly terms with the Rothschilds

Samuel Gurney and Nathan Rothschild also founded the alliance assurance company together, which later became the sun alliance (in the illuminati conspiracy the sun is known to be symbolic)

Angela Burdett-Coutts

The heir to the coutts banking fortune..

Coutts & Co. (commonly abbreviated to Coutts) is one of the UK's private banking houses, now wholly owned by the Royal Bank of Scotland (RBS). RBS acquired Coutts and all of its overseas subsidiaries when it bought NatWest. On 1 January 2008, Coutts' international businesses were renamed RBS Coutts, aligning them more closely with the parent RBS Group.

en.wikipedia.org...

Coutts bank has always had links with the Rothschilds and is now part of RBS (more Rothschild connections)

And if you connect the dots you will find she is linked to Lindsay Coutts who was married into the rothschild family..

He first married in 1864 to the distinguished artist and poet Caroline Blanche Elizabeth Fitzroy (died 10 August 1912, London), daughter of the Rt. Hon. Henry Fitzroy by his wife Hannah Mayer de Rothschild (daughter of Nathan Meyer Rothschild).

en.wikipedia.org...

So it looks like all the Bankers who will feature are all connected to the Rothchild family in some way..

More frequently im seeing the Rothschild name popping up in MSM these days.. The conspiracy mind has me thinking if there is maybe another agenda to it all? I'll be interested in seeing what angle the BBC approach this from.. will it be pro Rothschild 'propaganda'?

along the way he meets...philanthropic financier the current Lord Rothschild

Perhaps the richest of them all was Natty Rothschild, who tried not just to ensure that his personal wealth did good, but that his bank's did too

BBC description

The program is to be shown tonight at 9pm on BBC2..

edit on 22/11/11 by Misterlondon because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 05:36 AM
link   
Or maybe it is simply a programme about the philanthropy of the Victorian super rich? There are so many cases of this and with the way the world currently is overloaded by financial and economic news this may simply be a good way to ensure a 'ratings' winner?

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 05:42 AM
link   
Of course it'll be propaganda, it's the BBC. What else do you expect? They've got a show they're plugging at the moment, looks like an anti occupy type thing. They're going to show us where our money goes and how our goverment spends it. I wonder if they omit all of the embezzlement and out right theft of public funds.......I'm certainly not expecting anything to be revealed in the show. It'll be a nicely trotted out bit of pro goverment propaganda, becasue this is what the bbc do, it's what they are there for.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 05:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Acidtastic

I am actually expecting a documentary about philanthropy in the victorian era. I am prepared to bet that it won't touch too much on how the money was made, etc, as these types of programmes generally never do.

It will about museums donated to, reform schools set up, etc etc.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Too right , the beeb seems to be going all out with these types of programs at the moment. With Robert Peston presenting a series on the "new global economy". The thing is the majority in this country take the BBC's word as gospel when it comes to such matters.

Still, I will watch the program tonight before I make any further comments.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 05:50 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

Have you read the blurb about the programme? It appears it will simply be about the philanthropy of rich Victorians........

I may be wrong but they don't usually use these types of programmes to shape opinion. They use things like the news, newsnight and panorama more for that type of thing......this type of documentary generally focuses on fairly narrow aspects - in this case acts of benevolence by the seriously wealthy

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flavian

I am actually expecting a documentary about philanthropy in the victorian era. I am prepared to bet that it won't touch too much on how the money was made, etc, as these types of programmes generally never do.

When you look at the bigger picture the 'generosity' of these philanthropists was generally because of another agenda..

No doubt the program will cover such things as you mentioned, but will it just ignore the dark side to these people's dealings? or just elevate them to hero status showing them only in a positive light?

Remember the BBC is supposed to be about balance, im sure there will be no balance here.. only a one sided view of things..

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 05:54 AM
link   

or in other words, propaganda.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 05:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Misterlondon

Don't get me wrong, i am not disagreeing with you about the nature of the Rothschilds et all, i simply disagree that this programme will be a type of pro banker propaganda.

I actually wish this was expanded to include all Victorian philanthropists rather than just the bankers. People like Joseph Rowntree and Titus Salt. Perhaps we should pass a rule saying you are only allowed to be seriously wealthy if you are from Quaker stock!

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 05:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Flavian

So they focus on the benevolence of the Rothschilds and ignore the more nefarious aspects that the family's influence has had.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Why is that propaganda? If the programme is about things they did with their wealth then it is factual.

I dislike being in the position of defending bankers or even the beeb for that matter but surely not everything is a conspiracy? I genuinely believe this programme to be about good old fashioned corporate greed - in this case snatching as many ratings as possible from the other channels by linking it to a subject that is constantly in the news.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 06:02 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

But it isn't a programme about the Rothschilds, it is about philanthropy in the Victorian era.

If the programme WAS solely about the Rothschilds then obviously i would expect it to touch on all aspects of their dealings, including the nefarious side (i am not saying i am confident it would but that is what i would expect).

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 06:04 AM
link   
Personally, I think the BBC and the other mainstream media outlets are the most serious threat to public freedom ever. These media operations are litterally pure evil spilling total bull s**t into the public arena to further a eugenics and facist based dictatorial regime run by bankers. Its totally disgusting and those that work there are totally disgusting.

Sorry, rant over

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Don't get me wrong, i am not disagreeing with you about the nature of the Rothschilds et all, i simply disagree that this programme will be a type of pro banker propaganda.

I actually wish this was expanded to include all Victorian philanthropists rather than just the bankers. People like Joseph Rowntree and Titus Salt. Perhaps we should pass a rule saying you are only allowed to be seriously wealthy if you are from Quaker stock!

Personally i see it as a type of pro banker propaganda.. As you mentioned there were other great philanthropists from that era.. Why make a program specifically about bankers rather than philanthropy in general?

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Would just like to add this tit bit, why have the BBc not produced a documentry showing how the Rothchilds actually attained thier money in the first place and how they have continually drained money from the public. They got their initial wealth through a massive lie and theft and they were let off to get away with it. Sorry I am having a very angry day today!

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 06:11 AM
link   
here is another connection I did not see listed, might explain a few things, note: exec at BBC, married to a Rothschild, chairman of Barclays - Marcus Agius en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 06:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Flavian

But it isn't a programme about the Rothschilds, it is about philanthropy in the Victorian era.

We must hold that judgment until we see the show.. All the people covered are closely linked to the Rothschilds in one way or another and will even have a current Rothschild in it..

This is exactly how propaganda works find a subject where someone can be shown in a positive light and ignore the negative aspects of that person..

Maybe after tonight when British people (who watch the show) will hear the Rothschild name and rather than seeing or knowing the real facts will hold this family in high regard..?

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by trustnothing
here is another connection I did not see listed, might explain a few things, note: exec at BBC, married to a Rothschild, chairman of Barclays - Marcus Agius en.wikipedia.org...

nice find...

The old saying "all roads lead to Rome" In our current era could easily be changed to "all roads lead to Rothschild"

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Misterlondon

Personally i see it as a type of pro banker propaganda.. As you mentioned there were other great philanthropists from that era.. Why make a program specifically about bankers rather than philanthropy in general?

Well, as far as i can make out, it will all be to do with ratings. As finance has been so prominent in everybodies minds for the last couple of years, it makes sense (in a weird way) for them to focus on this aspect.

I actually totally agree with you that it should be about all Victorian philanthropists and similar things should be pumped verbatim into the homes of the seriously wealthy so it ends up lodging in their heads somewhere.......what will i do today? Fly to paris for shopping, tea in New York and in between set up homes for the poor! (at least some good may come from it then)

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 06:27 AM
link   

Good point and one i very graciously concede (about possibly building up the Rothschild name)

edit on 22-11-2011 by Flavian because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join