It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Home Test' for Parallel Universes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2004 @ 06:40 PM
link   
www.allsci.com...

Home Test for Parallel Universes

(reminds me of a home pregnancy test!)

Sounds interesting and easy to do.
What do you guys think?
Anyone going to try this?
Tell me your results.

posted on Sep, 4 2004 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Sounds like a really cool experiment. I have a laser pointer, I might just do this after my daughter goes to bed tonight

One thing thought. At the bottom of the article, the author states that the majority of scientiest dont agree with his theories. I would have to say that I personally dont know whats causing the shadows to shift, but Im going to find out! I have a primitive curiosity about physics, and this really peaks it!

posted on Sep, 5 2004 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Kidfinger ... did ya' get anything? I'm getting
my stuff together to try this. I'm really interested.
Looks kinda' cool to try. (and easy too)

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 09:47 AM
link   
I finally got to do this. I got the exact same results as stated in the article. I have been trying to do some research to see what else could cause this, but so far Ive found zip.

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kidfinger
I finally got to do this. I got the exact same results as stated in the article. I have been trying to do some research to see what else could cause this, but so far Ive found zip.

Read any book about quantum physics. This is a classical and well known experiment that demonstrates the duality of light, that photons have the properties of both waves and particles. I might get into depth on this subject some other time, but as for now I can only say that this is the first time I've heard this experiment being used as evidence for parallell universes. IMHO this sounds farfetched, to say the least.

Edited for spelling correction...

[edit on 2004-9-6 by EyesOfTheFuture]

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Eyes of the future, I agree about this being a little far fetched for this being some far fetched evidence for a parrallell universe. I have a class on physics that I start this friday for my next quarter. Hopefully, this will give me some better insight as to what is actually going on.

Ive read a few physics books(Brief understanding of time(?) Hawkins) but I dont claim to understand all that I read. I do enjoy the way that Dr. Hawkins writes though.

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 10:21 AM
link   
It does seem pretty farfetched and quite intrestingly i have just had a lesson on the duality of light, displaying how photons has the properties of both waves and particles, but im still quite not sure how this experiment work.... i might look into this further hmm...

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by EyesOfTheFuture
Read any book about quantum physics. This is a classical and well known experiment that demonstrates the duality of light, how photons has the properties of both waves and particles. I might get into depth on this subject some other time, but as for now I can only say that this is the first time I've heard this experiment being used as evidence for parallell universes. IMHO this sounds farfetched, to say the least.

EOTF is absolutely correct, so I have provided a link to an explanation of the experiment, and to a Quantum Mechanics Primer (my personal favorite
).

Description of the Double-slit experiment with pictures even.

In Search of Schrdingers Cat: Quantum Physics And Reality

And finally the previous time this was a topic on a thread at ATS:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Singularity Monkeys, not just for relativity anymore

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Thanks man!
Untill the last few replies, I wasnt even sure as what to exactly search for. These links are pretty cool.
Thanks agian.

posted on May, 6 2007 @ 01:05 AM
link   
can u send the link or info on how to do this experiment. the link u provided doesnt work . thx

posted on May, 6 2007 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Yeah, the link is broken.

posted on May, 6 2007 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Yeah johnmike is right.
i think theres something wrong with the link
I just clicked on it and it took me to some sort of shopping search engine
A parallel universe in its own sense lol

posted on May, 6 2007 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Yeah johnmike is right.
i think theres something wrong with the link
I just clicked on it and it took me to some sort of shopping search engine
A parallel universe in its own sense lol

But would like to try it out if you could get it up again..
Cheers

posted on May, 6 2007 @ 10:01 PM
link   
I am very familiar with photon binding. But i have not seen an explanation for the mechanism behind it. Would one of our resident physicists mind filling me in?

posted on May, 6 2007 @ 10:23 PM
link   
It figures, the link doesnt work any more. Just as i was about to verify that i was diagonally parked in a paralel Universe.

I'm a big proponent of this ideal. My night is ruined.

One question: Why do others see your dopplegangers, but you cant???
(exact replica of yourself)
Forgive my attempt at spelling dopplegangers ^
^

posted on May, 7 2007 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Hi All,
Well, I was just paroosing the threads and came across this one. I too tried the provided link and the domain had expired. So with a bit of google-sluething, I found a site that pretty much reprints the article if anyone is interested.

Found Here "UFO area"

I havent read the article yet because I am just browsing a bit before bedtime, however I will definitely do so because it sounds interesting.
The idea of dual or multiple realities or dimensions has always been exciting to me.

posted on May, 7 2007 @ 01:40 AM
link   
As stated on the page, this experiment doesn't necessarily (or in any way, really) prove a theory for alternate universes, though it's an interesting home version of the Double-slit experiment which was an early major development in quantum physics involving wave-particle duality, and the tendency for particles to interfere with each other without sharing the same physical space at the same time (among other things).

It COULD be a sign of an alternate dimension, but it's highly unlikely, in my opinion. the explanation offered on the website left a great number of questions unanswered in my mind. still; if nothing else, this is an interesting home-induction into the idea of quantum physics and I intend to pick up a laser pointer and try this out myself sometime soon.

new topics

top topics

join