It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists prove there's no such thing as empty space (Dynamical Casimir Effect - prove to be true

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 02:27 AM
link   

An ingenious experiment in which tiny parcels of light, or photons, are produced out of empty space has confirmed a long-standing theory that a vacuum contains quantum fluctuations of energy. In a landmark result published in the journal Nature, an international team of researchers has demonstrated for the first time a strange phenomenon known as the dynamical Casimir effect, or DCE for short.
- Source

This means that we are all connected. A human is a star, a butterfly, a flame, the sun, the Earth... this is so beautiful... That what I think. It's affirming something spirituality always told us.

I can't wait to animism is confirmed.
edit on 22-11-2011 by arpgme because: to add perspective

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 02:44 AM
link   

Y U NO GIVE PERSONAL INPUT, REFLECTION OR PERSPECTIVE??

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 02:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Watts

We don't need ridiculous 4chan memes here on ATS. Why can't you just ask the question like a grown up?

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 02:49 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

awesome, Does anyone with brains know what the implications are of such findings?

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Watts

He doesnt need to.
There's already plenty of it over at the other thread. No shortage, you see...

Light Created from a Vacuum
Maxmars started this topic on Nov 18, 2011 Pages: 1 2 3 .. 8
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 03:32 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 03:47 AM
link   
reply to post by RMFX1

Did Jesus tell you memes are only for kids? Lighten up a little. Memes are the language of the internet. Here and in China people know of lolcats and ragefaces. Memes are an integral part of the internet conciousness. They are not going to go away or should. In the 90s we were eager to use smilies which in turn have now evolved into memes. Progress. Accept it.

Anyhow, if particles pop in and out of existance, say our dimension, is it along quantum lines corresponding solely to the observer? Is the observer's perspective a catalyst? Could this be a huge step towards the holographic theory and away from religion or Newtonian physics as we know them? The only thing I can deduce is that this result creates more questions than answers. Great thread imo.
edit on 22-11-2011 by Snoopy1978 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 04:01 AM
link   
reply to post by sirnex

Science says that everything is connected. Quantum Entangle and now this...science is proving this beauty. It's only a matter of time until people understand their true spiritual nature.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 04:10 AM
link   
Oooh, so does this mean virtual particles are a fact now ?

I found the concept very exciting, the thought that a particle could come into existence from the energy of anhilating itself....it's like a little back to the future quantum stylie

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 04:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme
reply to post by sirnex

Science says that everything is connected. Quantum Entangle and now this...science is proving this beauty. It's only a matter of time until people understand their true spiritual nature.

Damnit son, go and learn yourself some real science. Quantum entanglement does NOT say everything is connected. This articles does NOT say everything is connected. All of quantum mechanics does NOT say everything is connected.

Let me guess, one of your favorite films is what the bleep do we know, huh? It's bullcrap garbage like that which allows the uneducated masses to hang onto these archaic beliefs that science is everyday proving have no relation to reality. Christ, even you went so far as to say this is confirmation of your garbage beliefs without even pointing out exactly where in this article it actually even gives rise to the possibility that everything is connected, let alone in a spiritual way!

At best, I would call this as possible evidence of another universe. Even at that, it's just my humble opinion. The only reason I would even guess at this possibility is due to the what if factor that particles from our universe might have a chance at being viewed as virtual particles in another universe. At which point I would consider a quantum entanglement state of sorts between two universes. Going even further into that train of thought, I would personally only give credence to that possibility if the colliding branes theory is actually correct. If two branes collide, could they give rise to two universe that are entangles, in which particles from each pop in and out of existence between the two as virtual particles. Again, just a personal opinion and one based upon science. Not one that uses science to say something in which it has never once stated. Like the garbage post you made about this discovery.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 06:57 AM
link   
reply to post by sirnex

Quantum entanglement does NOT say everything is connected.
Correct, but it does say any particle which becomes entangled with another particle will always remain entangled with the other particle no matter how far you move them apart. Now consider that everything in the Universe came from a singularity. Everything in the Universe is entangled.

At best, I would call this as possible evidence of another universe. Even at that, it's just my humble opinion. The only reason I would even guess at this possibility is due to the what if factor that particles from our universe might have a chance at being viewed as virtual particles in another universe.
The fact you think that virtual particles might be from another Universe just goes to show you don't understand the quantum mechanics behind it at all.
edit on 22-11-2011 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 06:57 AM
link   
dbl post
edit on 22-11-2011 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder

... it does say any particle which becomes entangled with another particle will always remain entangled with the other particle no matter how far you move them apart. Now consider that everything in the Universe came from a singularity. Everything in the Universe is entangled.

According to current theory, the universe was not required to begin as a singularity. And, even if it did, this would certainly not indicate that everything in the universe is entangled. Entanglement arises from particle decay under very specific restrictions. Just because everything gets piled together into a tiny volume, that doesn't automatically mean it's all entangled.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Can someone please baby step me through exactly what this means??? I mean, really baby step me, cause I have no clue what implications this means and I never took a physics class, but I am super fascinated.

To me, it sounds like energy was discovered in what was thought to be empty space? Yes? No? Help!

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   
after all..nassim was right about lot of things

guess he might be the unsung hero of physics

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Mijamija

Nothing was actually discovered. Particle and quantum physicists have been aware for quite some time that a vacuum is actually filled with what's called "virtual" particles, which pop in and out of existence too fast to observe. This experiment merely captured those particles before they had a chance to disappear...just long enough to detect.
edit on 22-11-2011 by CLPrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   
I've never understood why science does not consider space, as a structure, even when it it 100% devoid of all matter or energy, Like-wise, I've never understood why time is not considered the purest form of kinetic existence even if there is no matter or energy being influenced by the presence of time, within any given dimensions of 3D space. Space and time get no respect just because they aren't glitsy enough. If it isn't a big, bright something, it doesn't count.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mijamija
Can someone please baby step me through exactly what this means??? I mean, really baby step me, cause I have no clue what implications this means and I never took a physics class, but I am super fascinated.

To me, it sounds like energy was discovered in what was thought to be empty space? Yes? No? Help!

hi..you are very close!!

there is infinite amount of energy if every cubic cm of space we before thought it was empty..

to understand how dense empty space really is...

take all the trillions of stars, planets, galaxies, all the mass of the universe...and squeeeeeeeeze it into a 1cm3 of space...all that density!!!..and you will be off by 39 zeros!!!!

humanity is now a step closer to become an interplanetary civilization!!

we know where the energy is..what we now need to know is how to extract and use it...

than we shall be able to travel to distant stars..galaxies...who know...other Universes!!!

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by heineken

This has nothing to do with that fraud nassim. Has the commentary in this forum been reduced to just making stuff up these days?

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Does this prove the universe is flat and others universes are just stacked one on top of each other and linked somehow?

It seems the more we find out, the stranger things get. I don't think we will ever get to the bottom of things. I just don't think our brain is capable of comprehending the deepest secrets our universe holds.

A bit like trying to teach a dog Quantum Mechanics.
edit on 22-11-2011 by tommyboytml because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join