It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Not gonna get my kids Immunised but should I do it for my Pets?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by HolgerTheDane
reply to post by IkNOwSTuff

It strikes me as weird that you would consider protecting your pets but not your children.

Some of these illnesses you potentially protect your kids against could make them infertile or even kill them.

But of course - it is a valid point that we need a good epidemic to wipe out some of the surplus population.

It doesnt seem weird to me at all

My thinking is that their is more at stake with my flesh and blood children than a pet, I couldnt care less if a vaccine made my cats infertile as they will be neutered anyway. Also I had heard some of the issues with vaccines take decades to develop and if its the same with pet vaccines well I doubt they would be around long enough for it to be an issue.

Plus with kids if everyone elses kids are immunised then theres little chance my kids will ever come into contact with these diseases they are meant to be protected against

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 06:58 AM
link   
This was on the news recently. Very disturbing.

Girl, 13, left in 'waking coma' after cervical cancer jab

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   
[color=dodgerblue]I vaccinate my children.

Remember smallpox? How about polio? Hepatitis?

I am not as trusting of some of the newer vaccines... but the ones that I also got as a child? My kids have those.

There is danger for those that choose not to vaccinate. They are relying on 'herd immunity' to keep their children safe. The danger lies in that the 'herd' is becoming less and less vaccinated making way for diseases to come back. I heard of a decent sized measles out break in Canada recently and herd immunity came to mind.

I will probably get flamed for this. But as a future nurse, this frustrates me greatly. Vaccines are not all part of some evil plot. People forget about the good things that vaccines are responsible for (polio, anyone?).

I had to get several boosters for nursing school. I even got an H1N1 along side of the regular flu shot. And nothing happened.

edit on 22-11-2011 by daryllyn because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by daryllyn

They are relying on 'herd immunity' to keep their children safe.

And you and many others are relying on the "herd mentality" to keep your children safe.
That's what they count on, and they want you and the others to yell at those not vaccinating. Let's say the vaccines were a huge scam, this is exactly what the Nazis would be doing with the propaganda about vaccines, convincing moms that if they don't vaccinated their infants with chemical concoctions then they are harming them, horrible scare tactic that happens to work, no matter what is in those shots.

I still don't get how vaccinated children are in harms way from unvaccinated, if they got they shot, what's the problem? Why can't our kids with the chicken pox be around your kids who got the vaccine? Seems to be the propaganda has run so deep that nothing I or anyone can say is going to change anyone's mind, we'd need to wear a white coat and be on the TV to get credibility.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

I have to agree with you, every visit to my vet is about 2 hundred dollars and doesn't count the monthly charges for life medications like thyroid and hormones.

Yes, I did everything I needed to do to keep them healthy and by law, now that my three dogs are elderly two 13 and one 14 I am spending more money on them on doctors visit than ever when they were younger.

Is like all the dog diseases they never experienced while they were young are hitting them now in old age.

Is draining my spending budget.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   
I wish people would stop connecting imaginary dots with invisible lines. Vaccinate all loved ones, be them two legged or four.

Dog disease outbreak

"I treated more than five infected dogs and, sadly, we lost some. To my knowledge, more than 20 dogs in the region died – all for want of a vaccination."

article

Before vaccines became widely used, infectious diseases killed thousands of children and adults each year in the United States

Before 1985, Haemophilus Influenzae type b (Hib) caused serious infections in 20,000 children each year, including meningitis (12,000 cases) and pneumonia (7,500 cases).1 In 2002, there were 34 cases of Hib disease.

In the 1964-1965 epidemic, there were 12.5 million cases of rubella (German measles).2 Of the 20,000 infants born with congenital rubella syndrome, 11,600 were deaf, 3,580 were blind, and 1,800 were mentally retarded as a result of the infection.2 There were 9 cases of rubella in 2004 and only four cases of congenital rubella between 2001 and 2004.

Before 1963, more than 3 million cases of measles and 500 deaths from measles were reported each year.2 More than 90% of children had measles by age 15.2 In 2002, there were 44 cases of measles

In 1952, polio paralyzed more than 21,000 people.2 In 2002, there were no cases of polio in the United States.

In the early 1940s, there was an average of 175,000 cases of pertussis (whooping cough) per year, resulting in the deaths of 8,000 children annually.2 In 2002, 9,771 cases were reported.

In the 1920s, there were 100,000 to 200,000 cases of diphtheria each year and 13,000 people died from the disease.2 In 2002, there was only one case of diphtheria in the United States.

As a result of the high level of immunization in the United States these diseases have declined to near zero.

2010 Measles Outbreak Triggered by Unvaccinated Child
The family's 7-year-old boy, who was intentionally unvaccinated against measles, was exposed to the virus while traveling in Europe. When he returned home to San Diego, he unknowingly exposed a total of 839 people, and an additional 11 unvaccinated children contracted the disease.

source

2010 Mumps Outbreak
Patient zero in the current outbreak was an 11-year-old boy who returned from England on June 17. Mumps has become more common in that country recently because of the substantial number of parents who refuse to let their children receive the MMR under the misguided belief that the vaccine can cause autism.

The outbreak is the largest in the United States since 2006, when almost 6,600 cases were reported in six Midwestern states. In a normal year, about 300 cases are reported nationwide.

article

edit on 11/22/2011 by RedParrotHead because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   
It actually looks to me like that cats are getting a better deal than you kids. You probably never went to school with polio survivors. Or perhaps small pox.

I think you are being foolish

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Get your kids immunized, but do it according to your own schedule to minimize any side-effects. Not more than 1 shot per month. Only from single-dose vials. If you stick to that, your kids will get all the benefits of vaccines with none of the harmful side-effects. It might take you awhile to find a doctor that will do it this way, but it is possible.

My son had a major reaction to his 5 month vaccinations, and it took him a full year to recover. Most kids don't recover at all. We got lucky to find top-notch neurological care, and we finally found a family doctor that will do things our way.

Vaccines are important, just be careful and in control.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi
I still don't get how vaccinated children are in harms way from unvaccinated, if they got they shot, what's the problem? Why can't our kids with the chicken pox be around your kids who got the vaccine?

Vaccines are not 100% efficacious in 100% of the population for 100% of their lives. Your kids with the chicken pox are putting the vaccinated population at risk (as well as the immunocompromised population, but anti-vaxers don't care about them).

Seems to be the propaganda has run so deep that nothing I or anyone can say is going to change anyone's mind, we'd need to wear a white coat and be on the TV to get credibility.

Or get published in a peer-reviewed science journal, or make a convincing argument based on facts and reason.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by IkNOwSTuff
reply to post by HolgerTheDane

Im not sure I understand,

Are you saying a shot could have saved your kitty?
The general consensus here and elsewhere on the interwebs is that the shots are not necessary and can even be harmful.

From the research I did prior to the OP it seems even Vets have gone from wanting to do shots every year to every 3 years or so

I am well aware that the general consensus here and elsewhere (like this) deem the vaccinations not necessary. I am quite sure that they are wrong.

After all. Pets and people got sick a lot. Some production animals got sick a lot. So they invented vaccinations to help on that problem. And it worked.

And YES I am claiming that my cat probably would have survived had it been vaccinated with the correct vaccine. Probably not even contracted the decease.

I am also in full agreement that some people "go overboard" when it comes to consulting vets and doctors. Especially in places like America. I am told that most of your doctors have an unhealthy interest in keeping you coming back.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Get your kids immunized

My son had a major reaction to his 5 month vaccinations, and it took him a full year to recover. Most kids don't recover at all.

So you still trust the things that harmed your son? I don't get it. What does it take for some people to take the hint.

Immunity is at the DNA level, passed down through the generations. Polio and the other diseases were already dropping off the graph when vaccines were introduced, but the establishment wants to take the credit for the drop off, kind of like the hockey stick graph Gore used that helps prove global warming for that agenda.

We are in a lot of trouble because of the blind faith and devoted servitude to the mainstream herd mentality. If you folks want to inject Eugenics into your children knowing there's a chance of serious neurological harm, have fun with that, but don't preach or force feed other people's kids to take them if they choose not to.
edit on 22-11-2011 by JibbyJedi because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by spyder550

You know I did, as a matter of a fact an older cousin of mine had polio when she was 7 in the early 60s, I got my first polio vaccine in the 70s, and been around of people that had polio like my cousin and measles I never had it and neither my three siblings.

Actually it wasn't until I came to the US from PR that I got chicken pox at the ripe age of 21.

funny, I still missing one panel of child vaccinations as mass vaccination didn't come to my Island until the seventies by then I was already a teen.

Most Vaccines are not necessary , yes is vaccines that I agree with, but most of them and the ones now been forced into new born babies are a hoax very dangerous hoaxes.

America is the most vaccinated nation in the world and we do not rank any better on child motality, actually the last time I check we were around 27 or so, than most developed countries in the world that limit the vaccines given to new born and children.

Funny.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   
its been quite a few years since I got may cats vaccinated and I too have the same dilema as you have ... Ive recently found a vet that does not act like the retail arm of the pharma companies .. infact he uses "alternative" medicine in conjunction with normal medicine ... he is fantastic ... he kept my partners dog alive for 5 years after every other vet had written him off for dead by using alternative medicine so I am going to ask him on my next visit what he thinks .... ill let you know what he says ...

FYI his name is Richard Bleckman ... there is much about him on the internet about being a miracle worker, which he is .. i think his opinion is worth more than anyone else I have ever met on animal health issues ...
edit on 22-11-2011 by johnrobca because: to edit it

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi

...Polio and the other diseases were already dropping off the graph when vaccines were introduced, but the establishment wants to take the credit for the drop off...

OK, prove your belief in this "fact" by injecting yourself with polio, but I'd bet you're vaccinated against it already...maybe one of your children?

FYI, I'm just making a point - don't actually do it!

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

What harmed my son was the mercury-based preservatives in the multi-dose vial, and the fact that he only weighed 5 lbs, but they gave him 4 shots, with 5 immunizations all at the same time! The pediatrician was a moron.

What saved my son was getting him involved with the best neurologist in the country, and combining conventional treatment with holistic treatment, and physical and occupational therapies, and home care. Other kids in his same predicament either passed away or were left with permanent neurological damage, but my son made a full recovery.

The problem wasn't the vaccine, it was the idiot pediatrician. The problem with the other kids not recovering was not the medicine they took, it was the lack of care from their neurologists. My son's original neurologist saw him once, gave him 2 prescriptions, and scheduled a follow-up for months down the road. Instead of waiting 6 months, we found a doc that saw him every week, tested him every week, tailored his treatment every week, sent him to therapy twice per week, and had a home health nurse come to our house every week, and by the end of 6 months, when we cancelled his other appointment, he was almost completely recovered, but we had already attended 1 funeral from one of the other kids with his same condition.

It is called "infantile spasms" if you want to google it. The mercury in the vaccine bottle likely caused it, but it wasn't the actual vaccine, it was the poor treatment.

Vaccines serve a purpose, they do some good, but doctors aren't always good at their jobs.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
No don't do it.

It's far better that they die slowly and painfully from something that could be easily prevented.

Same with your children.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by RedParrotHead

I got very sick as a child in the 70s from the vaccines. I remember vivid hallucinations at 4 years old, body temp of 105 or so, had to get rushed to the hospital. Doctors wanted to turn me into a cyborg with tubes in my ears and throat and all kinds of contraptions, but my mother refused, and she treated my fever and I eventually got better, but almost had to repeat kindergarten.

There are no doctors smarter than nature, no matter how spiffy they look in their white coats. God fearing people should know this, so should spiritualists. All it should take is knowing that there's even a "chance" of SERIOUS harm that could come from a vaccine to stop a parent from taking that risk. The odds of getting polio or any other of these older diseases is not worth that risk.

To put it simply.... The "bad guys" want you to vaccinate your kids.
I say bad guys because they continue fluoridating the water with the known bogus excuse of tooth health. They continue letting toxic chemicals be fed to your kids through most foods.
They think killing brown kids in foreign countries is good for that country.
They know vaccines can harm a child but say the risks are worth it.
If you folks want to believe these same people, enjoy yourselves. I've watched the state experiment on people in facilities, I don't trust the medical establishment AT ALL. If you want to, then I wish you much luck.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   

NO

ignore the fear mongers and guilt trippers as their arguments are not rationally based

also if your cats get a disease from the jabs it could spread to you and other members of the family

this is about human vaccinations but you can easily extrapolate
gnosis474.blogspot.com...

i predict that ilikestars will be posting about how sick he is in a few years

when i was a teen my grandma bought us a pure bred pug

he was the runt, thus much cheaper.

lived 15 yrs, outlived all his bros and sis' who were prize winners to boot.

no vet except some eyedrops our vet neighbor gave us for free: one of our cats [and practically his mom] scratched him in an eye. you see they would often eat out of the same bowl, so when she miscarried, and ate the dead kittens he thought he was welcome to share, when he wasn't

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Plus with kids if everyone elses kids are immunised then theres little chance my kids will ever come into contact with these diseases they are meant to be protected against.

[color=mediumorchid]
Except for the number of unvaccinated children is growing. Herd immunity will not continue to protect your kids.

Many parents who reject vaccines do so because of the mistaken notions that they cause autism or overwhelm the immune system, Offit says. That worries moms such as Flint, who learned that her daughter has a rare immune deficiency only after she contracted Hib. Because Julieanna doesn't respond to vaccines, she depends on other parents to keep germs out of circulation by vaccinating their kids, a phenomenon called "herd immunity."

Experts worry that such outbreaks — along with mumps outbreaks on the East Coast and more than two dozen measles outbreaks around the country in 2008 — represent cracks in the country's protection against terrifying childhood diseases that were once virtually eradicated.

[color=mediumorchid]When you don't vaccinate your children. You are not only putting them at risk, you are also putting the community at risk.

Source

The Times of London published an expose of the research two years ago, showing how data was faked and an absurdly small sample of 12 children was used to conduct the study.

Source

[color=mediumorchid]And as for adverse reactions, they are rare. You don't hear about the millions of vaccinations that went routinely, you only hear about the horror stories of incredibly rare reactions. Every medical procedure has risks. Every medication has side effects that may or may not affect the patient.

I will continue to vaccinate my children. I will do it to protect them and I will do it to protect the population of people that are immuno-compromised.
edit on 22-11-2011 by daryllyn because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   

The problem wasn't the vaccine, it was the idiot pediatrician.

Well even the C and D students who graduate medical got to work too. Are they ever going to warn their patients of their GPAs in med school? Probably not, so that's one more risk a parent is taking that is NEVER talked about in the mainstream. One only hears about idiot doctors from personal stories. Why? That's a major red flag for me, when I'm to "never question" a doctor's diagnosis or treatments. I think it's because TPTB want us to unconditionally trust a doctor, which seems to be what is happening, and mercury then harms many many kids.

And why the Hell are they still using mercury in tooth fillings? Am I the only one that thinks putting one of the most harmful substances to a human inside their bodies and in their teeth for years isn't "smart" or "wise"? I think it's absolutely psychopathic and insane, but that's just me, I like my water clean for some weird reason.
edit on 22-11-2011 by JibbyJedi because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join