It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul Ambushed On Face The Nation,

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by IkNOwSTuff
Being an Aussie I try to ignore internal American politics (except when I need a laugh) so havent seen many of this type of interview.
It struck me that the dude asking the questions came across as quite rude and patronising, Is that normal for that kind of interview or is that something reserved for Ron Paul?

I hope he gets in but being honest Ive lost all faith in America as a world leader/power. I genuinely believe this is ur last chance. Dont screw it up!!!

Australian politics are just as corrupt. This aggressive interviewing is reserved for people like Ron Paul who challenge the corporatism.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 02:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Drezden

That's exactly it...
Do you guys have a Ron Paul type who sustains abuse such as this?
I'd love to see, or read about it.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 03:41 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Ok.. now what about the countries that have a population that doesn't want us? That is what we, together with Paul, are against. Also the wars. You are against ending those. You are overstating the important of a presence. We should only be where we are wanted and then needed (if we are really really needed).

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 05:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Drezden

LOL

I doubt there is any political system on earth that isnt corrupt to its core but the difference is most political systems dont have the ability to affect the world outside of their immediate voter base.

The US does which is some scary $#!&

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 06:01 AM
link   
reply to post by spacedoubt

Nope not that Im aware of but I havent really been keeping up with Oz politcs either (I live in SE Asia)

I dont think Australia ever would though, we as a people are way to apathetic and we dont have anywhere near the sorts of issues and problems that you guys do

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 06:05 AM
link   
It worries me to no end to see Ron as the last hope for America. The darkness gathers, the storm clouds loom, and there is a light. I fear for Ron's health. I wish nothing but the best for him, and his, and all of us.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Schiefer is such a scumbag...he shills for the Nwo. He was one of The first to repeat the phrase: " a new pearl harbor". Straight from the Pnac documents. I love how Bob tries to get all tuff when Ron asks him if he's been listening to the debates... What a tool... GO RON PAUL!!!

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 07:16 AM
link   
That was awesome!! All Ron Paul does is stick to his tenets. That's all he has to do. His consistency is amazing. He doesn't backtrack, doesn't apologize... because he doesn't have to. This is a President in making. Now, as far as his policies go... if elected, he would work with his ideas in the Executive Branch and compromise with the Congress. He's always said that Congress is the most important branch. Very Whig like in meaning. Go Ron!

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Reply to post by seabag

None have attacked us, because they all see what we do to countries that ARE NOT a threat. Imagine what we would do if there ever was a threat, not False Flags either, true threats.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Iran has every right to "keep and bear arms" (be able to defend it's home from murderous intruders) and after whats been done to Libya, Iraq, and Iran in '53, they have all the more right. NATO is raging hot and horny to bomb the faces off little children there as well.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 08:06 AM
link   
To anyone that doesn't believe that the media is controlled by the elite:
Just look at that logo that's all over the video.
The all seeing eye is looking at you the whole time

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 08:21 AM
link   

RP - deserves a shot at potus.
join the republican party - vote in republican primary for RP.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by swoopaloop
To anyone that doesn't believe that the media is controlled by the elite:
Just look at that logo that's all over the video.
The all seeing eye is looking at you the whole time

Yeah... here's a link to a Meet the Press video: www.thedailybeast.com...

All seeing eye logo at the bottom of the screen the whole time...

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Boy did Bob's plan backfire! Every question he asked was met with intelligent responses which made perfect sense at which time Bob would cut him off and move to the next loaded question. Great job Ron, every time they try to discredit you, they only make you look better! Ron Paul 2012!

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by MysticPearl

The media is blatantly trying to make him look unelectable! Its so "In your Face!"

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   
WOW, nice speech! This man has got some grandes kojones!!! And the b***rds cut him of at the end! He better win and be the real deal or were all gone....

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by revswirl

Wow it's sooo damn obvious.
I really hope RP wins and becomes the next president.
I may actually move to the states if he does. He'll make the Country a better place.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

First off, thanks for sharing your opinions, and if you're an Oath Keeper as indicated on your mini profile - god bless you and thanks for that. As to what you said here:

From a military perspective I can tell you that it is very important to have a presence overseas. While deployed I had the opportunity to train with soldiers, sailors and Marines from many different countries. The knowledge we gain and bonds we form from working together are invaluable. It allows for cohesion when called upon to fight side by side in some unforeseen conflict in the future.

I personally wouldn't have a problem merely with our military training with those of other nations, but we're dealing with a different beast altogether when we're going into other nations by way of military force instead of invitation, ending up in occupation/insurgency resistance situations, and primarily killing civilians instead of actual hostiles (those hostiles usually not being of an ideological nature so much as a resistance-to-occupation nature, it seems) - all while throwing money down the drain to the tune of billions or trillions with no tangible effect beyond building unit cohesion for some possible future engagement - that we'll like start without much justification or verifiable facts, if history is any indication.

Training is well and good to a point (when it doesn't end up mainly just being wasteful when we're trillions in the hole with 100+ trillion in liabilities hanging over our heads like a financial sword of Damocles), hostilities and uninvited occupation - not so much.

It's not about warmongering or occupying countries. Our militaries train together...we're allies. You can't do that from here.

As mentioned above, I personally don't mind the agreeable relations so much (bases in Korea, presence in Germany, and so forth) even if I consider it unnecessary and wasteful - if we were on a better financial footing I would probably say well and good.

As is, it's a drain flushing away money we honestly don't have, as well as a mild form of sabre rattling and unneeded projection of strength and control when we have our outposts stationed in areas of strategic import so as to make countries we like to dislike one way or another (North Korea, China, Russia, etc.) nervous and likely to line up sights or otherwise make plans regarding ourselves.

And it doesn't provoke other countries. If that is true then please tell me how many countries have attacked us here lately?

Not all attacks are material and military, nor do they happen in the short order. Our actions around the world have been leading to all sorts of fun in the political realm, stirring up general world-wide feelings of anti-americanism, and are likely a direct contributing factor in the massive military buildup China's been working on for some time, Iran's DESIRE to get the bomb - if they in fact do want to get it (back an animal into the corner or always have it under the threat of abuse, and it likely WILL bite eventually), and a whole range of other fun counter plays to what we've done.

As far as countries we're directly in or attacking and saying this doesn't prompt retaliation - well, first off, simply look at it from a common sense perspective. That's all it takes. You pick on someone, wreck their house, and crap on their lawn, and they're going to hate you for it. Enough that they might eventually want to act on that hate (and as-is, it's plenty easy for them to just take that out on our troops, as well as fulfill Bin Laden's predictive letter advising they'll bleed us out financially just like they did the russians, to no real effect. A smashing job we've done playing RIGHT into that one, to the tune of multiple trillions so far...so much of it borrowed from various sources and merely putting us further in debt and off-track).

Additionally - Paul's not the only one saying this. He can see the common sense of it on its face, but he's also agreeing with the CIA (including the former head of their Bin Laden unit), the 9/11 Commission (regardless of how much they otherwise disregarded, were deceived on, or simply got wrong), and the testimony of the hostiles themselves. Blowback simply is a reality, and we deserve exactly what we get if we choose to ignore that fact.

To say that military aggression and generally acting like a dick won't breed animosity is simply silly, in my opinion, and shows a complete disregard for the obvious facts of human nature.

Take care, and thanks again. Just providing thoughts here.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by DoNotForgetMe

None have attacked us, because they all see what we do to countries that ARE NOT a threat. Imagine what we would do if there ever was a threat, not False Flags either, true threats.

15(?) of the 19 911 hijackers were Saudis. Osama Bin laden, who was blamed for 911, attacked the USS Cole and other targets after he declared war on America because of the presence of US troops in Saudi Arabia.

But yeah, you are correct, if Iran is perusing the bomb (no evidence at all for this even in the IAEA papers) they'd best hurry up.

Iraq didn't have the bomb.
Afghanistan didn't have the bomb
Libya didn't have the Bomb.

Worked out great for them.

But, Seabag is correct, if the Us wants to continue on the path it is on, it MUST project military power globally, it's the only way. This isn't to say the path the us is on is the right one, it's clearly not, but if they wish to continue, more bases must be built, an American military presence must be projected into every single nation on earth.

That said, the training and working together with nations isn't the problem, the crap happening in Afghanistan and Iraq IS the problem.

See, we don't hear about little Arab boys who love America and freedom, we only hear about suicide bombers. Do you think those people hear about the Westerners who don't want them to be bombed?

No, and they won't remember the Marine who handed out his MREs to the kids either, they will only remember the american made cruise missile that slammed into the family home. they will only remember the American troops throwing hand grenades into crowds of civilians as they drive by, laughing.

This is the legacy being set in place, and it's not going to be good for the US when everyone on earth hates America.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

For everyone that has questioned my comments on RP's foreign policy...

From a military perspective I can tell you that it is very important to have a presence overseas. While deployed I had the opportunity to train with soldiers, sailors and Marines from many different countries. The knowledge we gain and bonds we form from working together are invaluable. It allows for cohesion when called upon to fight side by side in some unforeseen conflict in the future. 

It's not about warmongering or occupying countries. Our militaries train together...we're allies. You can't do that from here. 

And it doesn't provoke other countries. If that is true then please tell me how many countries have attacked us here lately?

Can't train together from here? Since when? Plenty of foreign countries send their troops over here to train. When I was stationed at fort Bliss I saw foreign troops training there constantly so if they want to train with us they can come over here.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join