It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There is a God

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 06:13 AM
link   
The title of this thread is not syntactically correct! It should in all truthfulness in all reality be

"There isnt a God"

Now thats much better isnt it?

Please vote.......

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 06:36 AM
link   
I gotta say, i am pleasantly surprised at the very intelligent discussion on Faith/God/The Bible there is here, coming from Europe [Brit'] i was expecting to find mostly Mad Fundie Christians who would be ranting & Screaming about how i would go to hell because of my unbelief in something/one who hasn't been proven to exist,[at least to me]. My first day here i'm loving it Thanx EVERYONE!

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by lambs to lions
I don't have all the answers, nor do I pretend to, but I know that there is a Creator. We can debate His nature, and we can debate our origins and how He has brought us about. However, it is pure human arrogance to proclaim that our 'advanced intelligence' and 'scientific advances' have replaced 'silly, archaic myths and superstitions' concerning our Creator. I belive that you can't truly find Him, until you question what you've been told to believe and find the answers for yourself. But, that means you must make an effort...meet him in the middle.

This is a question i've asked several people, but never got an answer on:
If you are so sure there is indeed a "Creator", then who created the creator?...

Que the mumbo-jumbo BS about god beign outside of time and space, not needing a creator...

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 06:40 AM
link   
reply to post by bismarket

These are just words from "some old book", which for me have no more relevance than words from some other "Old Book" Koran/BhagavGita etc, Proves NOTHING & means NOTHING at least to me.

very true. you can argue that. but i feel like people killing themselves in the name of their god is not exactly what id expect something that made us in his image (like i believe) would want. plus, people like to take the bible and look at it as a strict rule book that you are subject to obey or you will suffer in the fires of hell!! its not like that.. God tells us firmly that he created us with sin, and we will sin. the point is he wants to try, actually try (in your heart) to love and do your best at following his rules in order to make it into a life much better than this. i cant make you understand how i see it and why i believe it. anyone that thinks its asking too much is pretty much saying its asking too much to try to be a decent human being and to take responsibility for what you do. plus.

V this kinda sounds like a knockoff shortened version wouldn't you say?

Monotheism, God is one and unique.Justice, the concept of moral rightness based on ethics, fairness, and equity, along with the punishment of the breach of said ethics.

Prophethood, the institution by which God sends emissaries, or prophets, to guide mankind.
Leadership, A divine institution which succeeded the institution of Prophethood. Its appointees (Imams) are divinely appointed.

Last Judgment, God's final assessment of humanity.

this is the 5 pillars of islam taken from thekoran which is conveniently written by Mehmet Abdülaziz between 1871–1938.

as opposed to dates like the dead sea scrolls, if you want "scientific evidence". which i dont need to believe in God, but you guys insissttt upon.

dont you think by anointing people above other people like in the "leadership" pillar. kinda contradicts believing in a god. like people are holier and better people than others? i believe im not any better than you. we just dont see eye to eye on creation.

also just pick just ONE of the 10 commandments and try to justify doing it without sounding like a douche bag. besides the ones that you have to believe in God see why they should be applied just like the rest. science is so vain.

I am the Lord thy God, ... Thou shalt have no other gods before me.
Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven images.
Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord thy God in vain.
Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy.
Honor thy father and thy mother: that thy days may be long.
Thou shalt not kill.
Thou shalt not commit adultery.
Thou shalt not steal.
Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbor.
Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's house.

i hope you change your mind one day and see why science can not explain our evolution from ape in full extent.
its full of so many holes if you read enough about it, evolutionists would agree . just remember who the real con artist are. dont be so naive to where to wont even consider it. think about it..

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by bismarket
I gotta say, i am pleasantly surprised at the very intelligent discussion on Faith/God/The Bible there is here, coming from Europe [Brit'] i was expecting to find mostly Mad Fundie Christians who would be ranting & Screaming about how i would go to hell because of my unbelief in something/one who hasn't been proven to exist,[at least to me]. My first day here i'm loving it Thanx EVERYONE!

brit also mate

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 06:44 AM
link   
reply to post by XyZeR

hes "the alpha and o-mega, the beginning and the end". there was nothing before him. and i say him like its a he ive though its more just God- God

a. A being conceived as the perfect, omnipotent, omniscient originator and ruler of the universe, the principal object of faith and worship in monotheistic religions.
b.One that is worshiped, idealized, or followed:

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 06:45 AM
link   
reply to post by lambs to lions

There definitely is a god who is watching your every move. This entity is what we refer to as TPTB. They are in full control of this planet. That organisation, bloodline, family, is the god of this world, and has been since the beginning of this human cycle.

Whether or not there is a greater intelligence, a divine being, we do not know. I definitely do not believe that the god in the bible is that entity though. That god is definitely very human.
edit on 22-11-2011 by Firefly_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 07:18 AM
link   
People always ask for proof, and that's ok. Personally, I don't feel the need to prove my belief or non-belief to anyone. In the end, I am alone, there won't be anyone asking me to prove anything.

I believe in God, always have ever since I can remember. I can't explain how or why... it's just a wonderful spiritual presence that's always been inside of my heart. It's just in everything I see in the world, all around me. It's not always good, but there is always a reason.

I feel bad for people who don't feel what I feel, but I can't change them. All I can do is try to live and lead by example and hope that just one person follows

When you say he is watching your every move... that sounds kind of negative. Sounds like something I'd expect to hear in a Catholic church where it's more about guilt and fear than insparation. God doesn't have to watch my every move... God made me who I am, He already knows everything I am, everything I've done, said, thought... and everything I intend to do.

Hopefully I am open enough to let Him push me in the right direction when I'm faced with a decision. Hopefully, when I make the wrong decision, I am open enough to learn from the consequences.

Prove that there is a God?
Prove to me that there isn't one....

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skorpiogurl
People always ask for proof, and that's ok. Personally, I don't feel the need to prove my belief or non-belief to anyone. In the end, I am alone, there won't be anyone asking me to prove anything.

I believe in God, always have ever since I can remember. I can't explain how or why... it's just a wonderful spiritual presence that's always been inside of my heart. It's just in everything I see in the world, all around me. It's not always good, but there is always a reason.

I feel bad for people who don't feel what I feel, but I can't change them. All I can do is try to live and lead by example and hope that just one person follows

When you say he is watching your every move... that sounds kind of negative. Sounds like something I'd expect to hear in a Catholic church where it's more about guilt and fear than insparation. God doesn't have to watch my every move... God made me who I am, He already knows everything I am, everything I've done, said, thought... and everything I intend to do.

Hopefully I am open enough to let Him push me in the right direction when I'm faced with a decision. Hopefully, when I make the wrong decision, I am open enough to learn from the consequences.

Open your eyes and mind! Apply some anti-crutch common sense! Listen and read Steven Hawkins!!!!

Rid yourself of the hope that there is some divine saviour and then thy shall be fulfilled and able to embrace reality!

Basically get a life!!!!

Good luck
edit on 22-11-2011 by RP2SticksOfDynamite because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 07:32 AM
link   

edit on 22-11-2011 by Skorpiogurl because: Nevermind

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 07:34 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 07:34 AM
link   

how do you know? how do you know for sure that what ever it is that makes you think there's a god isn't simply produced by your brain?

you mention "proof"... so bring it on.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by catwhoknowsplusone

And the only way to find your true path to the Creator is to get out of organised religions.
I don't know how you would propose that but for now, we need to stop feeding them by participating in the system, such as 401c3 chartered organizations which are basically beholden to the state and can not even allow people to say what they think, and I know that from personal experience, that the church in the US is a branch of the military, basically.
We need to not vote for politicians who promise religious goals or seem motivated by religious ideologies of the really big religious institutions who are with any power, man's worse enemy.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by RP2SticksOfDynamite

Originally posted by Skorpiogurl

Open your eyes and mind! Apply some anti-crutch common sense! Listen and read Steven Hawkins!!!!

Rid yourself of the hope that there is some divine saviour and then thy shall be fulfilled and able to embrace reality!

Basically get a life!!!!

Good luck
edit on 22-11-2011 by RP2SticksOfDynamite because: (no reason given)

Thanks for the advice

Actually, I don't think I ever stated that I thought of anyone was a divine saviour. As far as I'm concerned, I'm responsible for saving myself. I'm responsible for the well being of my own mental health and spirituality.

And let me ask you something... what gets you through the day? what gets you through problems? What helps you to sleep at night? Who do you focus your anger on when you need to vent it? What's your motivation for getting up in the morning and continuing to live your life? Steven Hawkins?
I really hope not....

I'll get a life as you as you grow up and learn the manners you're mother never taught ya

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by NeverSleepingEyes

how do you know? how do you know for sure that what ever it is that makes you think there's a god isn't simply produced by your brain?

you mention "proof"... so bring it on.

Because the brain doesnt want to die!!! And in many people it grabs the crutch of a belief in a god in the hope that it can survive in some shape or form when the body says enough!

Nobody (or most folk) dont want to die and its not an acceptable option in 60% of minds!!!

For me when I croke, its over, just as it is for the cockroach you sometimes stand on to stuff it out!

Now that doesnt mean you cant be good and empathic in your life! It just means that reality!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 07:42 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 07:42 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 07:48 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by subcsailor
reply to post by RP2SticksOfDynamite

You got some more destructive, deplorable things to say? If you feel that you have run out of insults to her you can call me out. I love our creator and am certainly not afraid to tell anyone who asks me what I think.

Stick and stones and all that.

First of all your are out of your depth!!
2nd speaking the truth in order to help folk (lady or guy) is not destructive nor is it deplorable.
You love the crutch you need in your life because without it you couldnt stand up properly without going weak at the knees.
Your god loves you and that is why you seek conflict! As history has shown!
Be careful who you challenge because most people are genuine and kind and dont believe in your god!
Have a nice day. Oh and dont forget to prey today. Less you get run over by a bus tomorrow!

[ill-mannered comment removed]

edit on 11/22/2011 by 12m8keall2c because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375

Yeah, there's a god for sure. But it sure as hell isn't the Christian God. However, Jesus was a great prophet.
That is if you think the Christian God is the one depicted in most of the Old Testament, which was written by people trying to maintain their particular brand of worship in the midst of constant military struggle that worked its way back and forth right over the piece of territory they wanted in particular as their place of worship, so it slanted their perception of God to where their name of God was, the God of Armies.
Jesus came to present a different sort of God who can get along with all nations in a world that can set aside warfare as a national policy and do things that are actually good for the people who have to live in this world. We are all individually tasked by Jesus as participants in bringing about a better world by doing things such as not voting for politicians who promise more war and military spending (against alquada or some other mythological boogy man).

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join