It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is your favorite gaming system of all time?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 03:30 AM
link   
reply to post by murkraz

Yeah, I'm getting really peed off with companies like Steam. I just wish game developers/designers would stop making companies like Steam the only method of activating your game.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   
i like 360 because i can play most of the games i liked from older consoles on it.
my fav games are mass effect, star wars kotor, and of course call of duty 4 by far the best of the franchise imo.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZiFusion i like 360 because i can play most of the games i liked from older consoles on it. my fav games are mass effect, star wars kotor, and of course call of duty 4 by far the best of the franchise imo.

I have resisted purchasing COD 4 because it will take most of the night to install via Steam. Are you saying that COD 4 is really that good?

What about all you other guys? I thought COD 4 was just another multiplayer - which I am not interested in.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 07:10 AM
link   
COD4 was a step up from the old WW2 era games, unfortunatly the sequals arent as great

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by JROCK2527

I like the N64.

An innovative controller that was really flexible for different games, nice graphics, great games, fast load, etc. Just really well done.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   
I would have to say my favorite all time game system was the ps2.
And I have lived through them all.
Right down to pong.
and the apple II.

The ps1 also was very good.
Loved the SNES!
I still have my original nintendo in my moms garage,but it is shaped like a V cause I stomped on it when I was either playing a game or arguing with the x over me playing the game

I was a diehard nintendo fan until the playstation came along.

I love my xbox 360,but don't play games like I used to.
My last good pc was an awesome game system in itself,
but that went poof.
*twitch*

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Darkblade71

I still have an old Atari 2600, and about 50 games for it.
I guess, back in the day, this was really probably one of the best systems for both being innovative (as most people's first home console), and having a large library of games.

Sure, it looks primitive as hell, but still fun to play. I keep threatening to hook it up, but I've got most of my favorite old games now in a version that plays on existing consoles.

The N64 just blew me away when it first came out, with Mario 64. And Goldeneye 64 is still one of the most fun games to play...or pod racing in Star Wars with two controllers, each one controlling an engine...just brilliant stuff. The modern controllers all took a LOT of things off of N64's controller....

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

I liked the atari, it was like a status symbol for kids. One of my moms friends had one when I was around 5 or 6 so that would of been mid 70's, but they were very rich. Back then I think the system was beyond most people being able to afford. That was the first time I ever saw a game system. What really got me hooked was the arcade machines. Once they got some good games like stargate and Mr Do, I became a arcade junky. Spend a lot of money there. lol

Shoot, now, if you have a pc you can emulate everything, so it is just a matter of finding what kind of controller you want on your computer more than anything else.

I never played the n64 much, other than goldeneye 007. That was so smooth, but I noticed that the n-64 made me feel like I was in a box for some reason. I never had that feeling with the playstation.

edit on 1-2-2012 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   

While I am nostalgic for the old games, it's amazing how far they've come. Just look at Pac Man versus Skyrim on an XBox 360 with an HDMI hookup to a large LCD TV...simply amazing.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

I haven't played Skyrim yet, I have a $50 gamestop gift card, and that is what I plan on getting with it.
Oblivion was/is awesome. I was lost in that world for over a year. lol

It is amazing how far we have come. I agree.
I also love the fact that lots of us grew up and watched the adult video game industry flourish with us as we got older.

Bigger and badder things to blow up, kill and destroy. Big boys toys! I love it.
I am geared towards rpg's myself and although I have not played one yet that was as good as ff 7,
I have played plenty that come close! I just hope the gaming content doesn't lose out to flashy graphics. That was a problem the ps2 had at first.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   
PlayStation 2 >is< the best system of all time. Including sales and number of games and in the games the amount of successful games, playability, accessories, it can go on. It dominated since 2000, to what.. was still making games in 2011 but approximately when ps3 came out but its still one of the best system..

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   
how can you possible hope to compete against the old nintendo, snes and mega drive? neerly every game on those systems is legendary

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Nintendo rules. Even today with the Wii. That said I was really fond of the Sega Saturn. It was revolutionary but they didn't support it with software. Sad, it was a helluva lot of fun.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 05:46 AM
link   

last elder scrolls game I played was like morrowind and it pissed me off so I quit playing the franchise. has it improved since then? like ALOT??

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Wow i never thought of looking up retro gaming topics on ATS!

My favorite is definitely the NES. I have many good memories playing the original NES with my family as a kid.... too many hours to even begin to count! Unfortunately, i pawned all my games growing up to buy 'cigarettes' and beer
This was a costly mistake, as i have been actively buying all my collection back since about 4 months ago.

I'm having fun now though, hunting games on Craigslist, flea markets and thrift stores.... it's like a hobby now
I'm a pretty picky collector though, games have to be mint condition CiB (complete in box) and only English writing.. I come from the Quebec province just on the border to Ottawa so some games had bilingual covers and a big no no for my collection.

I really enjoy the Game Boy Advance SP, i recently picked up the Classic NES GBA for 10$ (score!). I've been building a collection of boxed games for this system as well, since i had a blue GBA for quite a quite now and a few games for it.

Nice

TurboGrafx-16 and the Neo Geo are some of my other top systems, harder to collect for also...

Cheers!

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join