It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is your favorite gaming system of all time?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by JROCK2527

The amiga series of computers. Was both a great gaming machine and a computer that was way ahead of it's time.

We had a system that was pretty much the first multimedia system with a gfx chip that was capable of showing thousands of colours at same time, had stereo sound and had a OS with preemptive multitasking and plug and play back in 1985 when competition either had cgi/ega graphics, monochrome and pc speaker for sound.
edit on 22-11-2011 by juleol because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Uhmm.

When I was a kid I played hours and hours and hours of Ultima IV on my trusty rusty Commedore 64. I learned some coding and played Pitfall too. My fondness for the 64 led to my fondness for the PC as a gaming platform.

I haven't owned a console since my used original xbox (hacked with pretty much every xbox game ever, of course.)

Also the Sega Master System and Sega Genesis. Sonic would totally beat Mario down in a fight. (Luigi has reach though!)

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
I guess I'm still a kid at heart...
Pound for Pound, the Gamecube really kicked arse.

Windwaker had those colorful cell-shaded graphics, felt like you were playing in a cartoon come to life!.
Games like Need for Speed ran flawlessly, and I thought the controllers were very comfortable.

However, my dream game would be a much upgraded version of RPG Maker 3.. which sucks, but has a lot of future potential.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeReK DaRkLy

Pound for Pound, the Gamecube really kicked arse.

Windwaker had those colorful cell-shaded

Windwaker was a great game. I think probably my 2nd favorite Loz game
Ocarina of Time being first of course.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by defythetyrants

Windwaker was a great game. I think probably my 2nd favorite Loz game Ocarina of Time being first of course.

Indeed... I'm currently playing back though Ocarina (I'm at the Shadow Temple now) and I already have my daughter hooked on Zelda! I've finished every Zelda console game except the new one, and I just don't have the patience for the Gameboy/DS games... too small!

edit on 22-11-2011 by DeReK DaRkLy because: ...

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Windwaker was a great game. I think probably my 2nd favorite Loz game Ocarina of Time being first of course.

Indeed... I'm currently playing back though Ocarina (I'm at the Shadow Temple now) and I already have my daughter hooked on Zelda! I've finished every Zelda console game except the new one, and I just don't have the patience for the Gameboy/DS games... too small!

edit on 22-11-2011 by DeReK DaRkLy because: ...

i hear ya there i have finished all console LoZ games except skyward sword! tell me have you played Ocarina of time Master Quest? it was on a limited edition version of wind waker but not many people have had the opportunity to play this great re-hash! if not i would suggest seeking it out!
and don't even get me started on the shadow temple.

edit on 22-11-2011 by defythetyrants because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Always been a PC gamer, from the ZX Spectrum to the Amiga to our current generation PC.
I really have no favorite console, or no favorite game.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   

have you played Ocarina of time Master Quest?

Yes!
It's on the collector's edition isn't it?

I did the Master Quest years ago, this time I'm just doing the regular one.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   

have you played Ocarina of time Master Quest?

Yes!
It's on the collector's edition isn't it?

I did the Master Quest years ago, this time I'm just doing the regular one.

Right! I am a firm beliver that you havent beat a LoZ game till you have beat the master quest!

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
I'm old (50's), and my gaming history goes right back to Pong (no kidding). I've owned nearly every iteration of every console and handheld and my favorite is always the latest gen, right now it's the PS3. I do have a soft spot for the Virtual Boy too though; there's something really unique and immersive about it.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 02:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by FugitiveSoul
reply to post by ADMX101

I've played a total of about 20min online before I was screaming at the tv "WHY DIDN'T MY ROCKET KILL YOU BEHIND THAT WALL??? STOP CAMPING AND FACE ME!!"
*sigh*
You don't see too many campers in Battlefield. That's a dangerous way to play when the building is crumbling around you.

eta> I remember the furby craze. I also remember getting Teddy Ruxpin when I was 7. Another big seller in '85.

edit on 21-11-2011 by FugitiveSoul because: (no reason given)

1. I do the same thing quite a bit.
2. Teddy Ruxpin! another classic from the 80s haha wow this is bringin back some memories, OK im heading over to start a thread on the 80s in the general chit chat forum come join me wont you?

Ok the 80s thread is now open you can get there by clicking HERE
edit on 11/23/2011 by JROCK2527 because: update

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
With games like Goldeneye, Perfect Dark, Super Mario 64, The Ocarina of Time, Banjo Kazooie and Majora's Mask plus many more, the N64 holds a dear dear place in my heart.

I have had:
Nes
Mega Drive
PS1
N64
Dreamcast
PS2
Gamecube
Wii
X-box 360.

I am not a fanboy.
edit on 23-11-2011 by Chukkles because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   

What is your favorite gaming system of all time?

Pic related.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c82cb8ed309b.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   
I have the most nostalgia for the nes, it was my first system. I will admit though that my favorite now is the 360. We did buy a wii for our family and I enjoy that one alot because I like playing the games on it with my daughter and I like the interactivity. I am thinking about asking "santa" for the kinect so it would be another option for us to play as a family and be interactive with each other on screen but I am still undecided on it.

As far as favorite games are concerned, I was and am a huge fan of rpg's with the dragon warrior/dragon quest being my favorite series. I also love the final fantasy series as well, but not so much of their newer ones. I pretty stopped playing that series after final fantasy X. I just recently started to play first person shooters and so far I like that genre.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Nintendo 64

Too many games to number as faves for it.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Grew up with the amiga and the sega mega-drive, used to watch my dad playing "james pond" and "alfred chicken" on his amiga, from around the age of 5 to 7. Had a sega mega-drive for xmas at the age of 8 (best thing i ever owned), wish i still had it.

Sega mega-drive is my favourite all time.
Second place is the PSX (final fantasy 7, and metal gear solid... left me speechless for years lol.)

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Super Nintendo

Some of the best games
Mario World
Zelda
StarFox

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 03:14 AM
link   
My favorite... one I'd choose if I had to above all...

PC, but if console based I would say SNES.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Well the OP said he was 26 and an avid gamer. Okay, I'm 59 and an avid gamer. I remember using the Sinclair ZX81, the Atari with its slot in cassettes and finally, the Commodore 64.

Now I use an Advent T10 PC. I have tried to use those game pad controllers but cannot get on with them. I am a mouse and keyboard fanatic.

I play all the Total War, COD and Battlefield games but not BF3 because that tosser Andy McNab is associated with it, although I am somewhat reluctant to buy the latest COD.

What I would like to know is, is there any way of installing games without using Game Spy or Steam because most games these days require you to activate them for online play and I don't really do online gaming.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by luxbaclos1
Well the OP said he was 26 and an avid gamer. Okay, I'm 59 and an avid gamer. I remember using the Sinclair ZX81, the Atari with its slot in cassettes and finally, the Commodore 64.

Now I use an Advent T10 PC. I have tried to use those game pad controllers but cannot get on with them. I am a mouse and keyboard fanatic.

I play all the Total War, COD and Battlefield games but not BF3 because that tosser Andy McNab is associated with it, although I am somewhat reluctant to buy the latest COD.

What I would like to know is, is there any way of installing games without using Game Spy or Steam because most games these days require you to activate them for online play and I don't really do online gaming.

I wish there was a way around steam. I have a few titles that I'd prefer to have installed with the actual steam. Now Origin is moving in with other titles like BF3 and it's recommended for Star Wars TOR but not necessary. The launcher just takes away from the "it's mine" value of buying games when everything is controlled by an extra program, though I am a fan of the thick security of certain launchers.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join