It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is your favorite gaming system of all time?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   
At 26 and still a gamer I have lived through a whole lot of game consoles in my time as I am sure others have also. My first console was the original Nintendo Entertainment System when I was 5. I have since had super NES, playstation, playstation 2, xbox, and xbox360.

So what are some of your favorite consoles and the games to go with them

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Hi man, cool thread.
My favorite is PS2, because it's one of the best gaming systems, imho

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Quite obviously Virtual Boy, or Dreamcast.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   
I've had all the usual ones, sega, nes, snes, n64 psone ps2, xbox xbox360.

My fav now is PC

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   
I've had a few dating back to a commodore 64, and even some old pong system before that, but my fav was the super nes because of Mario Kart.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   
ps2 was pretty cool, I kinda forgot about it tho when i got my 360 it turned me into an achievement whore!

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   
My PC is my favorite and most hated.

My favorite because when a game is working well it is smoother than any console I have played on and many games have some really awesome mods available in only the PC world (not hacking), my most hated because it cost a fortune to keep up with the tech to run the games in the highest quality mode.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   
pc

link   
My favorite has got to be the N64. So many good times and hours wasted lol. Favorite game would probably be either Mario 64 or Zelda: Majora's Mask.

link   
PC, its for real gamers.

but I also loved SEGA and 64..
As for the modern ones, nothing beats Playstation.

eta: I also wasted a lot of time on gameboy colour

edit on 21-11-2011 by WakeUpRiseUp because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by JROCK2527

Super Nintendo - Zelda, Mario Kart, Super Metroid, Mario All-Stars, Donkey Kong Country, Star Fox, etc.

Final Fantasy 6 is easily my favorite game of all time though so SNES will always have the top spot for me

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   
It's usually the one I can't afford until it's about 3 years old.

The same applies to the games, changing years to months of course.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   
I have had pretty much all of them since the NES except the PS2 and i have to say the GameCube was my favourite.

It was highly underrated and under-supplied for in the west which was a shame. I remember waiting a year for Animal Crossing GC to be released in the UK which would never happen for a major game these days.

But then again, can you take away the classic console the N64 was, classic games such as:

Perfect Dark
Goldeneye 007
Banjo Kazooie/Tooie
Zelda OOT/MM
Starfox 64

Its hard to choose

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnonATI
My favorite has got to be the N64. So many good times and hours wasted lol. Favorite game would probably be either Mario 64 or Zelda: Majora's Mask.

Yeah I feel like Majora's Mask gets overlooked a lot because of Ocarina but MM is an amazing game...never did finish it

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Of all time? The Original Nintendo Entertainment System (NES). You got Super Mario 1, 2, and 3, Duck Hunt, Sk8 or Die, Spy Hunter, Wrath of the Black Manta, and on and on. So many good games for that system.

I've probably had most of the systems in my life from the current XBOX 360, PS3, down through the older systems, Sega Genesis, Sega CD, Playstation 2, Playstation, Atari, Nintendo, all the way back to the Commadore 64, playing 'Below the Root' and 'Ace' all day long. Though the NES has long died (no amount of blowing into the cartridge holder is going to fix that baby), my newest fave is the PS3. That system began slow, but over the past couple of years, she's really taken off with the Uncharted series as well as God of War, and graphically, the 360 doesn't hold a candle. These days, Battlefield 3 is taking up all of my spare time. I recently got Call of Duty: MW3 as well, but that turned out to be a complete waste of money as it doesn't hold a candle to the depth and fun and BF3, and so I don't play it very much. I'll likely trade it in soon for Uncharted 3 or Skyrim.

So yeah, Nintendo and now PS3. In a couple of years I'll likely be saying PS4 or XBOX 720, depending on which one comes out first..... if the world doesn't end before then.

edit on 21-11-2011 by FugitiveSoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by JROCK2527

Hey man, Im 29 and have had quite a few. I recieved an NES for christmas in 86' at 4yr.s old and just loved the thing. Gameboy was next followed by sega genesis and then super nintendo. I had an atari jaguar and the jaguar cd wich was a horrible dissappointment because at the time it was boasting 64bit graphics but after playing it for a week it was clearly a mistake. The nintendo 64 was a favorite for a long time. Goldeneye 007, the game that started the first person shooter genre in my opinion, was a favorite game among games like zelda and mario in 3d for the first time. I think the christmas that n64 came out the top selling items in america were the n64 and furby, any one remember furby? I held out on ps2 when I heard about xbox. A long time nintendo fan boy I still bought an xbox and was blown away by games like halo and the graphics it offered. I never would have thought a company like microsoft couldve pulled a system off like the xbox nevermind the huge success its been. To date the xbox 360 is my favorite by far. Going back Id take a nintendo 64 again just to play all the good old games from back in the day. I dont think ps3 is a bad system or anything. The blu-ray is pretty cool but when it comes down to it... the graphics are about the same on either system but the online aspect to xbox has more to offer than ps3. We do pay for it anyway! As far as games, the system exclusives like gears and halo are the main reason Ive stuck with xbox. Id take those 2 games over any ps exclusive they have to offer. Sorry the long reply, you asked a question about something Ive loved since 4yr.s old.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Hawking

Good game, secret of mana is probably my favorite game for snes. I had to have put months into that game.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by FugitiveSoul

Good, Im not the only one who thought mw3 was a waste. I bought bf3 when it came out and its taken cods spot overnight. Black ops is cod game of all time.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   
I'd have to say overall the PC has been my favorite platform for gaming.

Although i wont knock consoles, i've had some fun on those from Atari 2600, NES, PS, PS2 XBOX...

But PC is my personal favorite still... although i don't really play games anymore but still from so many years of it i still find myself worrying over having somewhat of a decent Graphics card, CPU, RAM,... just in case
That "gaming rig readyness" --- kind of sticks with you i think... its like a curse.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by ADMX101

Not a worrie man its just good to know that im not the only long time gamer on here. I remember the furby haha that is goin retro. I have to agree with you about the xbox360 it is an amazing console with some awesome games. The game that first turned me on to original xbox back in the day was actually NFL fever 03 and then when the 360 came out I have been stuck on it every since. Like I said before I love the achievements more than anything, It gives me somethin more to play for than just to play haha.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join