It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wondering what the opinion is with the new ATS Chat?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   
I just stopped into chat since it got overhauled and I am wondering what the popular opinion is?

Seems to have changed a bunch...everyone happy?
edit on 21-11-2011 by jerryznv because: ....

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   
It's good but I think the post limit is over kill.
It seems to deeply number of the people who go on/can come on. It's rather empty to me most of the time.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Reptius
It's good but I think the post limit is over kill.
It seems to deeply number of the people who go on/can come on. It's rather empty to me most of the time.

Thats kind of what I thought...seemed pretty empty compared to the old days...wasn't sure why so I thought I would check with my fellow ATS'ers and see if it was because they don't care for the new format!

Lots of new functions but some of the good stuff seems to be lost...like what happened to new threads being posted in chat? They disappeared!

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Missing the crowd in there! Formats good , except i miss all the new posts scrolling in. Everyone where have you gone?!? And wheres all the DJs in there when a shows on? I like to harass you people, makes the show fun....

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by stonebutterfly
Missing the crowd in there! Formats good , except i miss all the new posts scrolling in. Everyone where have you gone?!? And wheres all the DJs in there when a shows on? I like to harass you people, makes the show fun....

The DJ's don't log into chat when Live is on?

What is going on with that...is that how it was supposed to be or did the designers not get all the programming up to snuff yet?

Hmmm...just my opinion...but that makes ATS live seem kind of not so fun anymore!

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by jerryznv

I don't particularly like the new chat room. I enjoyed seeing the new threads and when we chatted we would follow up with links to help the discussion. I can't get that to work at all. Actually it has become quite boring.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   
I miss the thread spam a lot, it stimulated different conversations and stopped it stagnating into silence.

Still everyone did complain that we didn't have enough colours for ages and now we definitely have those, also.... I miss Leonard

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Ive been a lurker since '08 and a member since '09, and just got into chat (Firefox and Java reasons) a few weeks back, I have nothing to really compare it too. But when I do go there its pretty empty, or the topic is wayyyy to heavy for a chat session IMHO.

I do enjoy being in chat on Saturday nights for the show, even though it was jam packed and was barely readable because we were all typing at the same time. But with all my fellow ATSer's there it gave me the boost I needed to call in, so that was good

I always wanted to get into chat, and maybe 1-2 times a week Ill drop by, and if it gets more fun, I will definitely be there more!!

Peace, NRE.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

Yes thread spam was awesome.
I really miss it

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   
[color=dodgerblue]I don't like it.

The colors are horrible.

And it is laggy..
edit on 21-11-2011 by daryllyn because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

I miss the thread spam a lot, it stimulated different conversations and stopped it stagnating into silence.

Seems like this should be an easy fix if others are missing it too!

I remember it did seem to keep the "flow" of conversation going and with some diversity.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   
The new chat threatens me with bodily harm daily.

edit on 21-11-2011 by Nephalim because: I keed! I keed! no need for anger my friend. issa jooke. tu sabe he he haw haw ho ho hum hum?

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   
I love the new colors and smilies for sure. There has been a big drop in the numbers of chatters though since the change.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   
I have to admit I was disappointed when I realized there was a relatively high post minimum in order to chat.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Personally I hate the new room. People complain about the post count is so high, yet when it was hopping the post count was 50 posts higher. The new threads going through were great and sparked conversation. Then one day someone up in the food chain of ATS staff decided to open the chat to anyone and the respect in the room took a nose dive. Put that with the collapse of it and the half way reconstruction destroyed it. The private message system is a pain as it takes up space to have open if you want to do anything else. It is poorly constructed in all shape and form even the emotes look like they were poorly cut out with scissors. It is one page, not even a room just a streaming page.

I have a couple of chat ROOMS on my site that you can literally use the Youtube function to watch the posted videos, a doodle function that all can work on together, a realtime translator for those that English is not their first language, and a games room that members can play pool or connect four all without even leaving the chat box, not to mention the hundreds of smillies. It even has a radio built in that I have set the address to ATS live. This means no more blotchy shows or issues getting it to work. AND I have the new ATS threads, by way of RSS, on my home page.

I asked the owners personally via U2U to come check it out as a possibility of a replacement when the original crashed but they never bothered to show up for a tour, so its all good for me and my sites members while the ATS chat page dwindles to nothing. The days of single page chat pages are a thing of the past but ATS can't seem to stay with the times.

I would give you the address to check it out but the T&Cs of ATS prevent me from doing so as its considered recruiting.
edit on 22-11-2011 by Agarta because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 06:36 AM
link   
I'm not that keen, because I can't get in!

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Most of the time its dead. Its boring.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 06:53 AM
link   
I only go there for the ATS live shows these days....

I do like the new java interface tho it could do with a lot more emoticons imo.

And yes as most have already pointed out, these days there's no-one and nothing but tumbleweed on it most of the time.

I would like there to be more emphasis on the chat room by the management, it is a good place to get to know fellow members, even those members i disagree with in threads, we still have the common bond of being ATSrs.

I would also like to see a lot more mods in the chat room, it's good for the community to get to know your mods and the chat room is a much more instant conversation that helps to break down misconceptions we may (or may not) have about each other.

Cosmic..

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Cosmic4life

I would also like to see a lot more mods in the chat room, it's good for the community to get to know your mods and the chat room is a much more instant conversation that helps to break down misconceptions we may (or may not) have about each other.

You have an awesome point...I saw the old thread "mods are not gods" bumped up yesterday and was thinking that in past times mods were more conversant with members (I know mods are members...but you know...) and not so much of the ever over ruling authority they have seemed to become now.

If I was a brand new member today...I might feel a little intimidated by the mod figures and probably form a less than favorable opinion of them.

Chat is a nice way to break that ground and eliminate that...and most are awesome people that are very well versed in all subjects of ATS...so I guess I will kind of miss that too.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by jerryznv

I am in the chat room every time ATS Live, UK&Euro and Music to Conspire To are on, and so are other staff.

Any claims to the contrary are a flat out fabrication.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join