It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mother Shipton, Here and Now

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 07:37 AM
link   
MOTHER SHIPTON PROPHECIES
*Interpretations by: estimatedprophet, (Part one)

And now a word, in uncouth rhyme Of what shall be in future time

Then upside down the world shall be And gold found at the root of tree All England's sons that plough the land Shall often be seen with Book in hand. The poor shall now great wisdom know Great houses stand in farflung vale All covered o'er with snow and hail
*This occurrence shall happen after the world changes it's "Axes or Polar shifts" due, because of the passing of the "Great Planet the Kingdom of Heaven!"
(The Book in hand is the Holy Bible!) (The remainder of the people are the survivors of this catastrophes!)

A carriage without horse will go Disaster fill the world with woe. In London, Primrose Hill shall be In centre hold a Bishop's See
*Tanks and war. The Antichrist pope!

Around the world men's thoughts will fly Quick as the twinkling of an eye. And water shall great wonders do How strange. And yet it shall come true.
*Internet and satellite communications. Modern water works, such as; plumbing, dams that generate electricity through water and the many water and bottling sources, etc!

Through towering hills proud men shall ride No horse or ass move by his side. Beneath the water, men shall walk Shall ride, shall sleep, shall even talk. And in the air men shall be seen In white and black and even green
*Vehicles and aircraft that is being used by man on land, air and water and underwater structures!

A great man then, shall come and go For prophecy declares it so.
*The messenger of the Lord and of His covenant, who will be killed in fulfillment of the prophecies, the One who leads the way!

In water, iron, then shall float As easy as a wooden boat Gold shall be seen in stream and stone In land that is yet unknown.
*Iron battleships and sea vessels!

And England shall admit a Jew You think this strange, but it is true The Jew that once was held in scorn Shall of a Christian then be born.
*Jews in the last days shall become believers in Christ Jesus!

A house of glass shall come to pass In England. But Alas, alas A war will follow with the work Where dwells the Pagan and the Turk
*See, Crimean War!

These states will lock in fiercest strife And seek to take each others life. When North shall thus divide the south And Eagle build in Lions mouth Then tax and blood and cruel war Shall come to every humble door.
*Turmoil between the North and the South. The Eagle represents the people and the Lion the kings or war leaders, and everyone who resides in the land, thereof shall pay!

Three times shall lovely sunny France Be led to play a bloody dance. Before the people shall be free Three tyrant rulers shall she see.
*World war one, two and the final and last world war tyrant is still to come!
Three rulers in succession be Each springs from different dynasty. Then when the fiercest strife is done England and France shall be as one.
*For three years strait, to be ruled by different men. After this peace and longevity!

The British olive shall next then twine In marriage with a German vine. Men walk beneath and over streams Fulfilled shall be their wondrous dreams.
*Man will travel both over seas and underground. United Nations!

For in those wondrous far off days The women shall adopt a craze To dress like men, and trousers wear And to cut off their locks of hair They'll ride astride with brazen brow As witches do on broomstick now.
*Most modern woman now dress as men. Broomsticks-D!LD@ES! ! !

And roaring monsters with man atop Does seem to eat the verdant crop And men shall fly as birds do now And give away the horse and plough.
*Tractors for plowing, reaping and sowing. Airplanes, gliders and parachutes, etc!

There'll be a sign for all to see Be sure that it will certain be. Then love shall die and marriage cease And nations wane as babes decrease
*Desolation and depopulation!

And wives shall fondle cats and dogs And men live much the same as hogs.
*Beastiallity/Fornication and men as queers or gay!
edit on 22-11-2011 by estimatedprophet because: Corrections

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   
I was actually in the process of writing a very in depth thread on her life and prophesies.. I have done alot of research on it recently.

There is alot more to this story than you are mentioning.. She made alot of predictions during her life about the time period she lived in..she predicted the Spanish Armada, the Great Fire of London and even the Plague

mentions of her were recorded in the diaries of Samuel Pepys.

The detailed private diary Pepys kept from 1660 until 1669..

it is one of the most important primary sources for the English Restoration period. It provides a combination of personal revelation and eyewitness accounts of great events, such as the Great Plague of London, the Second Dutch War and the Great Fire of London.

en.wikipedia.org...

In 1665, when the plague struck, Samuel Pepys wrote, “See - Mother Shipton's word is out".

and that while he was surveying the damage to London caused by the Great Fire, in the company of the Royal Family, they were heard to discuss Mother Shipton's prophecy of the event.

The first known book written exclusively about her was around 80 years after her death..

Some of the prophecies you speak of here, actually have a more modern history.They surfaced when a woman claimed to have copied them from the State Library of New South Wales in the 60's
The story goes, the originals copies were kept inside a locked room, along with other prophetic writings deemed unsuitable for public viewing.

edit on 22/11/11 by Misterlondon because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   

"A fiery dragon will cross the sky
Six times before this earth shall die
Mankind will tremble and frightened be
for the sixth heralds in this prophecy.

Halley's Comet has been recorded since 250 BCE, however, it wasn't realized that it was the same object returning. The comet's periodicity was first realized in 1705 by English astronomer Edmond Halley, thus giving the comet it's name.

Now given that Halley's Comet returns every 75-76 years (74-79) by some estimates, could Mother Shipton have been referring to the number of returns that the comet would make from the time of her prediction?

1P/1607 S1, 1607 (27 October 1607)
1P/1682 Q1, 1682 (15 September 1682)
1P/1758 Y1, 1759 I (13 March 1759)
1P/1835 P1, 1835 III (16 November 1835)
1P/1909 R1, 1910 II, 1909c (20 April 1910)
1P/1982 U1, 1986 III, 1982i (9 February 1986)

Halley's Comet is due to return again in mid-2061. This of course will be the seventh appearance of the comet since Mother Shipton's prophecy. Is she telling us that the world will end before the return of Halley's Comet in 2061, before it can be viewed a seventh time?

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Misterlondon

be nice to see your research as I mentioned in my reply this story has a lot of twists and turns.. even the supposed writer (Head) is accused of plagiarising the ideas from another plagiarist (the playwright T Thompsom) and the book that tries to debunk the whole thing in the 1880s is being attributed to a US president that died 40 years before the book was published.

So all in all what a tangled web has been woven and yet.. if a playwright wrote about "Mother Shipton" some years before the first book was published something indeed does smell fishy about the slight of hand and miss direction that surrounds the Mother Shipton prophecies so much so that I feel that there is something tangible about the prophecies but which parts if my question to myself..

So I am really keen to read whatever you have to offer

edit on 22/11/11 by thoughtsfull because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Did a search of the diaries and this came up for Saturday 20 October 1666.

Albemarle was gone away to come hither, then Sir Jeremy Smith did hang his head, and walked in the Generall’s ship but like a private commander.He says he was on board The Prince, when the newes come of the burning of London; and all the Prince said was, that now Shipton’s prophecy was out; and he heard a young commander presently swear, that now a citizen’s wife that would not take under half a piece before, would be occupied for half-a-crowne: and made mighty sport of it.

www.pepysdiary.com...

I have to admit that I never bothered to check his actual diaries before now.. thanks for the timely reminder

*** link for those that do no know Samuel Pepys
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by thoughtsfull

Did a search of the diaries and this came up for Saturday 20 October 1666.

Albemarle was gone away to come hither, then Sir Jeremy Smith did hang his head, and walked in the Generall’s ship but like a private commander.He says he was on board The Prince, when the newes come of the burning of London; and all the Prince said was, that now Shipton’s prophecy was out; and he heard a young commander presently swear, that now a citizen’s wife that would not take under half a piece before, would be occupied for half-a-crowne: and made mighty sport of it.

www.pepysdiary.com...

I have to admit that I never bothered to check his actual diaries before now.. thanks for the timely reminder

*** link for those that do no know Samuel Pepys
en.wikipedia.org...

Whilst it is likely she did exist.. as you say with the twists, turns and tall tales, its difficult to know what is true and what is not..
And the biggest problem is that during her lifetime most stories were by word of mouth..

This was the first printed works about her prophecy..
The shipton panphlet 1641

Although this was written many years after her death.. It is believed that she was already a well known legend by this point..

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   
I have been to her cave were she lived.

They charge about £24 for a family of four to visit the cave. It was a bit of a rip off if you ask me and from what i know it was all a bit of a old wifes tale used to scare little kids incase they were naughty.

I bet there was a woman who used to live in this cave but chinese whispers over this length of time can get out of hand.

Nice post

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
I worked in Knaresborough for a very short time back in the early 80's.

I remember talking about Mother Shipton with some locals whilst sharing a 'few' pints with them.
As I recall it opinion was divided; some quite passionately defended her whilst other's openly ridiculed the whole story.

edit on 22/11/11 by Freeborn because: n's

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Mother Shipton said the world would end in 1881....it didn't.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by judus

They charge about £24 for a family of four to visit the cave. It was a bit of a rip off if you ask me and from what i know it was all a bit of a old wifes tale used to scare little kids incase they were naughty.

I bet there was a woman who used to live in this cave but chinese whispers over this length of time can get out of hand.

Nice post

She was apparently born in the cave.. and anything that is left under the flowing water will turn to stone...

Which is actually kind of true...

Today’s visitor to the Petrifying Well can see a whole host of everyday objects slowly being petrified in the cascading waters. The most popular item is a teddy bear or soft toy which usually takes between three and five months to turn to stone. Larger non-porous objects can take up to 18 months.

www.mothershiptonscave.com...
edit on 22/11/11 by Misterlondon because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Misterlondon

Originally posted by judus

Nice post

She was apparently born in the cave.. and anything that is left under the flowing water will turn to stone...

Which is actually kind of true...

No kinda true about it - it is true! There are all sorts of things there but mainly hats, gloves, scarves, etc (including some from both sets of my grandparents, aunties, etc)

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

I believe that was one of the additional parts that have been added by various hands over the years...

I really would like to get my hands on the 3 early editions held by the British library.. the Lilly Edition seems to be the most expanded version but all 3 are reported to be identical.

Which is the really frustration aspect.. having to deal with the bias of those allowed to view them
I really doubt we'll ever get to see what they have squirrelled away so we can make our own minds up

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Flavian

I was editing my post to include that while you posted..

apparently there are also many items from famous people there..

Many celebrities have donated items to be petrified here, even a member of the Royal Family has succumbed to the magic of the Well. Queen Mary who visited the Cave and the Well in 1923 was so taken with it she took off her shoe and left it to be petrified. It now takes pride of place in our Museum. Items worn by cast from Blue Peter, Emmerdale, Coronation Street and Eastenders are also on display, alongside a flat cap once worn by veteran actor Lionel Jeffries, a handbag belonging to Agatha Christie, and a hat belonging to John Wayn

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea

In the version I read, the last line was, "and to this world the end shall come in nineteen hundred and eighty-one."

I read that in 1980 and was slightly disappointed that it didn't happen the following year.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Hi my current take on mother shipton about where it says for seven days and seven nights man will watch this awesome sight is at the time of the y55 asteroid there was a bit on tv over here about it and from looking on the net if an asteriod comes to close it gets to a key area and can be sucked in or altered in its orbit .Now one small snippit of talk associated with one of the tv programs suggested or mentioned something to do with the asteroid thats due in 2028 the snippit was the key area and the mention of seven days and bells started to ring for me

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by my1percent

haha finally another doomsday alert............................

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by alfa1

Originally posted by Khaaaaaan!!
I found that some of her writing might have been tampered with in 1861...

And the first of your links says...

It is now generally acknowledged that Mother Shipton was largely a myth, and that many of her prophecies were composed by others after her death, and after the events they 'predicted'.
Her prophecies were apparently recorded in a series of diaries but the first published book of her work did not appear until 1641 and the most noted work, by Richard Head, came out in 1684.
Head later admitted to inventing almost all Shipton's biographical details.

So what, if anything at all, can be said to be worth actually reading on this topic?

Err...does it matter if mother shipton was real or some guy(s) faked as her when it all was written one way or another in the 17th cent.? That's still 250+ years before the events...

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Thank you estimatedprophet for adding more passages and your interpretations.

And also Mister London. Thanks for contributing to the topic. I too would like to see the full version of your research one day. consider my post a teaser for the masses

Some of the prophecies you speak of here, actually have a more modern history.They surfaced when a woman claimed to have copied them from the State Library of New South Wales in the 60's The story goes, the originals copies were kept inside a locked room, along with other prophetic writings deemed unsuitable for public viewing.

I am glad you brought forward this little tid-bit. because while looking thru various sites for material, I was getting the feeling of a more modern version creeping into the older language. It is like everything else we look into these days. Old info put thru the ringer then more disinfo is added until there is nothing left to study. It reminds me of religion.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by MichiganSwampBuck

Originally posted by caladonea

In the version I read, the last line was, "and to this world the end shall come in nineteen hundred and eighty-one."

I read that in 1980 and was slightly disappointed that it didn't happen the following year.

That line was not part of her prophecies. It was a fake line added by Charles Hindley in 1862.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Khaaaaaan!!

I like when she mentions in one poem that women will don pants like men and cut off all their hair.

Back when she lived women treated their hair like their crowning glory and did not cut it. Nor did women wear pants. Now the pixie cut is one of the most popular short haircuts and what woman does not wear pants these days.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join