It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mother Shipton, Here and Now

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Disclaimer..........................Lies!!!

This post is based mostly on internet garbage and general BS found on the web. So given that, and the fact that you are on ATS, sit back and relax.

Her real name is suppose to have been Ursula Sontheil (1488-1561) and lived near Knaresborough England. She was supposed to have been huge, deformed, and lived in a cave, but still managed to marry a carpenter named Toby shipton. I tried to figure out how real or unreal this person was. I found that some of her writing might have been tampered with in 1861, but I don't think it is relevent to the veracity of the subject. I did the search here at ATS and was not impressed with the results, so here we go.

This woman is believed to have written prophecy's in the form of poems about world events spaning from her time all the way to the present, and into the future. Some of them appear to be happening right now.

Mother shipton (crystalinks)
Mother shiptons story
Link with pictures!

I would like to show a few passages that seem to show all the inventions made in the 19th and 20th century. Such as planes, Iron ships, submarines, scuba diving the internet, etc.

In water, iron, then shall float As easy as a wooden boat

And in the air men shall be seen In white and black and even green.

Around the world men's thoughts will fly Quick as the twinkling of an eye

Beneath the water, men shall walk shall ride,shall sleep, shall even talk

When pictures seem alive with movements free, When boats like fishes swim beneath the sea, When men like birds shall scour the sky.

Some of the passages are a very specific warning that around 1926 only build cheaply and lightly because it will only get destroyed in an upcoming war.

"In nineteen hundred and twenty six
Build houses light of straw and sticks.
For then shall mighty wars be planned
And fire and sword shall sweep the land."

This passage is not part of the main poem, but was on a different parchment found wraped with the main poem and reminds me of world geo-political events happening now.

"The kings shall false promise make
And talk just for talkings sake
And nations plan horrific war
The like as never seen before
And taxes rise and lively down
And nations wear perpetual frown."

"And christian one fights christian two
And nations sigh, yet nothing do
And yellow men great power gain
From mighty bear with whom they've lain."

China and russia have gained great power and influence just in the last decade in seems.

And now ATS we get to the scary part. The DOOM if you will. The next passage in this part of the poem I think decribes something that happened off the coast of japan. Not an earthquake, but an accident or something intentional. And that "event" triggered the Fukashima nuclear disaster which hasn't played all the way out yet.

"These mighty tyrants will fail to do
They fail to split the world in two.
But from their acts a danger bred
An ague - leaving many dead.
And physics find no remedy
For this is worse than leprosy."

That is not even the worst part..................Far from it.

The next set of passages I will point out seem to describe a celestial event of apocalyptic proprtions.

"A fiery dragon will cross the sky
Six times before this earth shall die
Mankind will tremble and frightened be
for the sixth heralds in this prophecy.

For seven days and seven nights
Man will watch this awesome sight.
The tides will rise beyond their ken
To bite away the shores and then
The mountains will begin to roar
And earthquakes split the plain to shore.

And flooding waters, rushing in
Will flood the lands with such a din
That mankind cowers in muddy fen
And snarls about his fellow men.

He bares his teeth and fights and kills
And secrets food in secret hills
And ugly in his fear, he lies
To kill marauders, thieves and spies.

Man flees in terror from the floods
And kills, and rapes and lies in blood
And spilling blood by mankinds hands
Will stain and bitter many lands

And when the dragon's tail is gone,
Man forgets, and smiles, and carries on
To apply himself - too late, too late
For mankind has earned deserved fate."

The stangest part comes after the "End of the world" because it appears that mankind will survive and some enlightened people will come down to help rebuild when a silvery serpent appears in the sky.

"And before the race is built anew
A silver serpent comes to view
And spew out men of like unknown
To mingle with the earth now grown
Cold from its heat and these men can
Enlighten the minds of future man."

"To intermingle and show them how
To live and love and thus endow
The children with the second sight.
A natural thing so that they might
Grow graceful, humble and when they do
The Golden Age will start anew."

These are the main points and passages that caught my interest, but there are some interesting side topics in the other passages as well. As to the fiery dragon that will cross the sky, I don't think it is an object that is orbiting and will "come in" to the inner solar system, but rather something that will be "spit out" of the sun. I can elaborate on that if you want.

edit on 21-11-2011 by Khaaaaaan!! because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Really interesting and well written.
I look forward to any more you may have.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Khaaaaaan!!

You have my attention!

Please elaborate, i'm open to ideas.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Khaaaaaan!!
I found that some of her writing might have been tampered with in 1861...

Its hard to know what to make of this legend.
As you (and wikipedia) say about the end of the world prediction...

and its true author, one Charles Hindley, subsequently admitted in print that he had invented it.[5]

And the first of your links says...

It is now generally acknowledged that Mother Shipton was largely a myth, and that many of her prophecies were composed by others after her death, and after the events they 'predicted'.
Her prophecies were apparently recorded in a series of diaries but the first published book of her work did not appear until 1641 and the most noted work, by Richard Head, came out in 1684.
Head later admitted to inventing almost all Shipton's biographical details.

So what, if anything at all, can be said to be worth actually reading on this topic?

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   
And christian one fights christian two
And nations sigh, yet nothing do
And yellow men great power gain
From mighty bear with whom they've lain.

Another part speaking about china allying with russia.. I cant wait till christians start fighting each other also

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   
I've been researching lots of esoteric subjects lately, and I have a basic idea of how Mother shipton could have "recieved" these prophecy's. She was a medium, and she envoked these entities which gave her the visions of the future. I know it sounds strange and wierd but I'm leading up to somthing you can read so hang in there.

I believe that her Fame and notoriety in england gave her acces to a wide range of esoteric people and subjects.
I will introduce the Kolbrin

Kolbrin
Kolbrin PDF

The Koldrin (or bronze book of britain) is suppose to be a collection of manuscripts from tthe ancient world. which was stored in Glastonbury Abbey. It was rescued from an arson attempt in the 1100's and then dissappeared until it resurfaced after WW2. It could very well be a hoax, but isn't everything?

The Kolbrin reads like an alternate genisis full of gnostic and esoteric subjects that describe the early formation of the earth and mankind. Chapter 3 is called "destruction and re-creation" and describes a "fiery dragon"

THE DESTRUCTION AND RE-CREATION
It is known, and the story comes down from ancient times, that there was not one creation but two, a creation
and a re-creation. It is a fact known to the wise that the Earth was utterly destroyed once then reborn on a second
wheel of creation.
At the time of the great destruction of Earth, God caused a dragon from out of Heaven to come and encompass
her about. The dragon was frightful to behold, it lashed its tail, it breathed out fire and hot coals, and a great
catastrophe was inflicted upon mankind. The body of the dragon was wreathed in a cold bright light and
beneath, on the belly, was a ruddy hued glow, while behind it trailed a flowing tail of smoke. It spewed out
cinders and hot stones and its breath was foul and stenchful, poisoning the nostrils of men. Its passage caused
great thunderings and lightnings to rend the thick darkened sky, all Heaven and Earth being made hot. The seas
were loosened from their cradles and rose up, pouring across the land. There was an awful, shrilling trumpeting
which outpowered even the howling of the unleashed winds.
Men, stricken with terror, went mad at the awful sight in the Heavens. They were loosed from their senses and
dashed about, crazed, not knowing what they did. The breath was sucked from their bodies and they were burnt
with a strange ash.
Then it passed, leaving Earth enwrapped within a dark and glowering mantle which was ruddily lit up inside.
The bowels of the Earth were torn open in great writhing upheavals and a howling whirlwind rent the mountains
apart. The wrath of the sky-monster was loosed in the Heavens. It lashed about in flaming fury, roaring like a
thousand thunders; it poured down fiery destruction amid a welter of thick black blood. So awesome was the
fearfully aspected thing that the memory mercifully departed from man, his thoughts were smothered under a
cloud of forgetfulness.
The Earth vomited forth great gusts of foul breath from awful mouths opening up in the midst of the land. The
evil breath bit at the throat before it drove men mad and killed them. Those who did not die in this manner were
smothered under a cloud of red dust and ashes, or were swallowed by the yawning mouths of Earth or crushed
beneath crashing rocks.
The first sky-monster was joined by another which swallowed the tail of the one going before, but the two could
not be seen at once. The sky-monster reigned and raged above Earth, doing battle to possess it, but the many
bladed sword of God cut them in pieces, and their falling bodies enlarged the land and the sea.
In this manner the first Earth was destroyed by calamity descending from out of the skies. The vaults of Heaven
had opened to bring forth monsters more fearsome than any that ever haunted the uneasy dreams of men.
Men and their dwelling places were gone, only sky boulders and red earth remained where once they were, but
amidst all the desolation a few survived, for man is not easily destroyed. They crept out from caves and came
down from the mountainsides. Their eyes were wild and their limbs trembled, their bodies shook and their
tongues lacked control. Their faces were twisted and the skin hung loose on their bones. They were as maddened
wild beasts driven into an enclosure before flames; they knew no law, being deprived of all the wisdom they
once had and those who had guided them were gone.
The Earth, only true Altar of God, had offered up a sacrifice of life and sorrow to atone for the sins of mankind.
Man had not sinned in deed but in the things he had failed to do. Man suffers not only for what he does but for
what he fails to do. He is not chastised for making mistakes but for failing to recognize and rectify them.

Now I said it could be fake, but it also seems that one is borrowing from the other or vice versa.
edit on 21-11-2011 by Khaaaaaan!! because: meh

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

Yes, but all the tampering was done before 1900 right? The tamperers could imagine the internet?

so what is going on? timetravelers?

it is interesting none the less.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Yes, but all the tampering was done before 1900 right? The tamperers could imagine the internet?

Where does it say the internet?
There is a line that speaks of thoughts flying around the world in a twinkling of an eye, but given the telegraph was invented in the very early 1800's (based on work with wires from the 1700's), its very possible the line could have been faked in back then with no problem.
But as I said, how do we know for sure?

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by alfa1

Where does it say the internet?
There is a line that speaks of thoughts flying around the world in a twinkling of an eye, but given the telegraph was invented in the very early 1800's (based on work with wires from the 1700's), its very possible the line could have been faked in back then with no problem.
But as I said, how do we know for sure?

I can see your point. I was actually thinking of this set though.

"When pictures seem alive with movements free
When boats like fishes swim beneath the sea,
When men like birds shall scour the sky
Then half the world, deep drenched in blood shall die."

could be just regular old TV too huh?

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Sarah Hoffman

"I then saw a series of tremendous earthquakes all over the world. But it wasn't lots of separate earthquakes, it was all part of one huge, gigantic earthquake that shook the entire earth. Because of this earthquake, water came upon the land all over the world. Huge walls of water along all of the coasts. This earthquake and the walls of water made the earlier ones seem small by comparison. I don't know if the earthquake that split the United States into two parts was part of this worldwide quake or not.

I then saw a tremendous wind come upon the earth. As the wind hit I saw people go into caves and into the cracks of rocks to escape it. It was tremendous and it blew trees and everything away. It appeared to be stronger than any hurricane or tornado. It seemed like everything was blown away.

I understood, without asking, that the great worldwide earthquake and the wind were somehow caused by a huge object, like a planet or something, that had come very close by the earth and disrupted everything and that it was near the end that this happened. "

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Louis Famoso

"The sun was expanding and spewing off huge ecto-plasma balls, more then it has ever done in its past, and in the very direction the planets would orbit through. I could not take my eyes from the Earth and as I watched what effect these eruptions would have on the Earth.

A large mass passed me, larger then any of the planets known to me, and as it passes, I see the Earth wobble wildly as would a top toward the end of its spin. The rotation stopped and slowly started again but it was tilted now and I was drawn in closer like the zoom of a lens.

The ash clouds that had engulfed the Earth thinned, and like a tack welded piece of metal being dismantled, I could see the ocean bodies starting to rise - first the Pacific along the "Ring of Fire", then the others, synchronistical.

As the waters shifted upon the landmasses, the landmasses started to sink under the waters added pressure upon it. When the pressures equaled out, to the spin of the changing axis, the Earth no longer looked as it did moments before. It was newer, cleaner, more beautiful with darker greens and lighter blues. Some of the new landmasses looked similar to a few of the other planets I had recently visited with Michael."

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 01:13 AM
link   
I've read so much of this stuff. Mother Shipton was something I had read when I first got started. So when some of these things started to match up I took notice.

Here lately I've been scouring near death testimonials. Every now an then I come across somebody that has died recently (and came back of course) that has been told something very bad is coming. On the doorstep even. When it comes I think the very souls of those that wished it to come would beg that it be taken away. As always, be careful of what you wish for. The people will get their doom...

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 02:51 AM
link   
Thanks, OP!

There's some great reading!

Some of the comments and other factoids that have been brought out on this thread, give me cause to remember the Holy Bible........written by people other than the books are attributed to, written by lots of people, still, there is an intersting story in it all.

Who knows, perhaps these Mother Shipton stories can have also been "God-Inspired".

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 03:12 AM
link   
Mother Shipton's Story

"An Ape shall appear in a Leap year
That shall put all womankind in fear
And Adam's make shall be disputed
And Roman faith shall hike rooted
And England will turn around."

This particular passage is very intriguing. It gives me two Ideas. That a Bigfoot or Yeti type creature will finally be captured in a leap year (next year). Or maybe a fossil will be discovered that will bring into dispute everything we thought we knew about our origins. And will even bring about conspiracies about the origin of adam AND eve.

Of course such a discovery could have already been made.......................and then reburied.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 03:30 AM
link   

A house of glass shall come to pass
In England. But Alas, alas
A war will follow with the work
Where dwells the Pagan and the Turk

These states will lock in fiercest strife
And seek to take each others life.
When North shall thus divide the south
And Eagle build in Lions mouth
Then tax and blood and cruel war
Shall come to every humble door.

Applicable yes?

EDIT:

Even after reading this:

It is now generally acknowledged that Mother Shipton was largely a myth, and that many of her prophecies were composed by others after her death, and after the events they 'predicted'. Her prophecies were apparently recorded in a series of diaries but the first published book of her work did not appear until 1641 and the most noted work, by Richard Head, came out in 1684. Head later admitted to inventing almost all Shipton's biographical details.

I still believe that words are spoke and wrote for more than those who form the prose.
edit on 22-11-2011 by usernamehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 04:07 AM
link   

There is a source you might be interested in called "Mother Shipton Investigated" which keeps being attributed to William Henry Harrison (the 9th President of America.) but his life 1773-1841 is some 40 years amiss of the published date 1881..

and I still struggle to imagine why an American General and later President of America would be searching through the British Library for works relating to "Mother Shipton"

Regardless of the authors credentials it is an interesting read..

Google Books "Mother Shipton Investigated" By William Harrison

Edit to add: what I have always found interesting is the degree of miss direction and accusations of plagiarism etc that have accompanied the Mother Shipton prophecies and have always wondered about that.
edit on 22/11/11 by thoughtsfull because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 04:17 AM
link   
reply to post by thoughtsfull

Saved and will read.

Thank you very much.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 04:35 AM
link   

Your welcome...

I still feel there is something to the prophecies and would love to read the original versions.. and I would love to wonder around the British library as they have in their possession many Saxon Non Glosses of the Bible.. a gloss of the bible is a translation of the Vulgate... so these non glosses contain stories and test not in the bible.

I also know they also hold an 11th century copy of studies by an Bishop in Gaul (c6th century) that traces the path of a Group of Christians who fled to Britain to escape the clutches of the Roman Empire. (the Group of 11 contained Joseph.. Mary.. Lasarus etc) While I do feel that last one is only a story it still bugs me these books and texts are known and yet held out of our reach...

*shakes fist at know it all who feel only they should have access to those documents*

knowing such books exist in these Libraries I have to wonder what else they hold they do not speak about.. Oh how the mind boggles at the treasures they contain.. *shakes fist again at the secret keepers*

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 04:54 AM
link   
Definitely interesting. I am currently sat at my desk about 10 miles from Mother Shiptons' Caves. They are a right rip off, i can tell you that for nothing. It's almost a right of passage round here to go and hang something on the washing line there and go back years later to see if it has turned to stone (petrification).

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 04:59 AM
link   

I would say your latter interpretation is more fitting.

I'm not sure what prophecies are originally hers and ones that may have been added later. They're still very interesting and very clever rhyme nonetheless.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join