It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OWS Website Bans Alex Jones

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Fascist propaganda (including any attempt to spam these four people again), will be treated with the similar actions. In that we are very specific about what fascism is: the word has a meaning.

So let's get this straight "fascist propaganda" but use fascist means ie banning to silence dissent Yeah apolitical indeed.

Two peas in a pod they are.

edit on 21-11-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bixxi3
I notice tht the people who still support AJ are the ones that are fairly new here.

Originally posted by onfire49
100% correct.....if you look at most people who support AJ its weak minded individuals and people just getting into conspiracies. I

Yeah...

OK Anyway

I'm no Alex Jones Fan but I just love the exclusivity of the group when it suits them. Yet they'll include NAZI's and KKK and Everybody else previously mentioned.

As somebody pointed out earlier....

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by ILikeStars
Alex Jones has cooties.

*fingers wiggling upwards.

Really?

Mods?

Don’t you have some candles to make or something?

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Yea I am new to this site but not to the whole conspiracy world. Like I said there was a point I liked him but i moved past it really quickly. ATS isnt the center of the conspiracy world.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Look, even if Alex Jones is Evil and has bad intentions, why "ban" a specific individual?

Free Speech?

Free thought and the promotion of ideas that have substance should be what propels us all into a peaceful reolution.

It is quite simple. There is no debate. Any Occupy movement that does not condone free speech is SUSPECT.

Period.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   
But isn't he already part of a group? I thought that is why he wore the shirt supporting it? Why does he want to be part of a new one that has a different view point?

edit on 21-11-2011 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Shame on me for skimming as I read. This is what AJ is all upset over, it doesn't even mention his name or any other name except to clarify election material will be banned. LOL AJ (among others) over-reacts again!

Moderating Policies
Posting guidelines:
1.Before posting, please ask yourself if you're actually making a contribution to on-topic discussion.
2.Upvote comments you feel follow the first guideline.
3.Downvote comments you feel do not follow the first guideline.
4.Don't respond to threads that suck.
5.If things go towards flame wars, please consider stepping back.

The following will not be tolerated:
•Safer Space. Sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist, etc. content is subject to moderation. We understand that many such behaviors are unfortunately common in society (like calling things "gay" or "retarded") so bans will be reserved for the worst/repeat offenders.
•No Platform. Conspiracy theories, will be removed immediately and the spammer will receive a swift global network ban. Fascist propaganda, will be treated with the similar actions. In that we are very specific about what fascism is: the word has a meaning.
•Stay On target. Off topic posts, low content posts, worthless posts, bumping, etc, will be moderated and removed. Repeat posting of the same off topic posts and spamming of links that have nothing to do with the subject at hand (case in point the Dylan bull#) will be banned outright. Similarly posters who constantly post off-topic nonsense are straddling the line very close to a ban.
•We do not support an election campaign for 2012. At all. We have removed election material for Obama, Paul, Warren, Paul, Cain, Paul, Perry, Paul, the green party, Paul, Nader, Paul, and did I mention Paul? The spamming by the Ron Lawl 2012 fan club was getting out of hand. We will continue to remove such material and any call for the Paul 2012 campaign will, at this point, be considered spamming. End of. We're tired of hearing about it. Main street debates are also largely off topic.
•Red baiting will be moderated, as this is not 1952 and we are able to debate ideas without insulting anyone even slightly to the left as though they were Stalin reborn. Similarly, people on the right are not necessarily nazis.
•Trolling will be squashed whenever possible/reported/found out.
•Posting people's personal information on the website is prohibited.
•The continuous spamming of lies from various sources (like the non story about turning away the homeless, which was, as mentioned, a lie, or the mythical 500,000$, which a) doesn't exist, as our donate page can attest, and b) the 300,000$ account is being used constantly to pay for food, equipment, etc. (already on top of helping other occupations with more difficulty fundraising) will fall under spamming.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by JBA2848
But isn't he already part of a group? I thought that is why he wore the shirt supporting it? Whyy does he want to be part of a new one that has a different niew point?

Why is OWS part of Alex Jones group???

Considered one of the first flags of the United States, the flag was later replaced by the current Stars and Stripes (or Old Glory) flag. Since the Revolution, the flag has seen times of reintroduction as a symbol of American patriotism, a symbol of disagreement with government, or a symbol of support for civil liberties.

edit on 21-11-2011 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by neo96

So is it fascist when ATS bans someone for spamming?

link   

Originally posted by cetaphobic

I don't see why we should denounce any of those but the Nazi / KKK / North Korea / racist groups. But seeing as OWS is made up of individuals and is not just a giant hivemind, no one could say what anyone else supports.

So I see which ones you personally chose to denounce. The problem is....these are the groups paying to support OWS....so in reality, they OWN YOU and you are PROMOTING THEM!

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

I haven't gotten any money or gifts from them. I am supporting myself. Sorry, honey, but you just don't have a clue what you're talking about.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   

reply to post by SLAYER69

Yea I am new to this site but not to the whole conspiracy world. Like I said there was a point I liked him but i moved past it really quickly. ATS isnt the center of the conspiracy world.

True and conversely you may consider that neither are those AJ supporters that are new to ATS. Again I'm not a AJ fan. ]

So, just playing Devils advocate here

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
Now I don’t know about you but i'm pissed! Alex Jones has been exposing the NWO, political corruption, the Federal Reserve, TPTB, etc for the past 18+ years. Is he a little crazy? SURE he is, but aren't we all? Here is what OWS has done:

Should be all exposed by now then right?

How are you pissed because of what other people decided to do with their stuff and that includes them not wanting to hear from this guy? How do you have any right to care about who is allowed on anyone else' private website? Who is allowed on your website?

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by cetaphobic

Comparing ATS to a OWS forum ?

No COMPARISON since i have never seen snyone on this site get Banned for posting what Alex Jones says.

Blah.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by seenavv

Some things just must be censored in order to get a message out.
I LIEK KITTENS, I LIEK KITTENS, I LIEK KITTENS, I LIEK KITTENS, for instant would serve no purpose and should be censored and banned.
Except where I have just used it for effect above.
See there is a place for everything but the OWS site just is not the place for aliens or conspiracy.
They may just be looking to keep information clean of influence.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

But Alex Jones is spamming the OWS site, so it is exactly the same as someone coming in here and spamming this site and getting banned. It doesn't matter if you agree with the spam, it's still spam.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Oh no. Some people do not care for angry threats and screamed lies. Can you all still get them if you wan them? Yes. Anyone stop you from getting your AJ fix? No?
So Alex Jones fans now get to decide who I am going to listen to?

What is not fascist about that

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   

OccupyWallSt.org will ban people from posting on their forum if they “spam” the political philosophy of Alex Jones or David Icke, according to the website’s posting guidelines: Conspiracy theories, including any attempt to spam material by David Icke, Lyndon LaRouche, David Duke or Alex Jones, will be removed immediately and the spammer will receive a swift global network ban. Fascist propaganda (including any attempt to spam these four people again), will be treated with the similar actions. In that we are very specific about what fascism is: the word has a meaning.

Just how do you get "Alex Jones" is spamming from that article?

Pretty clear what the article said.

link   

Originally posted by Bixxi3
I notice tht the people who still support AJ are the ones that are fairly new here. If you did a search on AJ here on ATS you will see the amount of BS that has come out of his mouth. It still confuses me that there are people who will stick up for him even after years of lies. No wonder OWS wants nothing to do with him

100% correct.....if you look at most people who support AJ its weak minded individuals and people just getting into conspiracies. I even admit I liked AJ....for about 3 months. Then I realized how little added up. Besides who cares if OWS doesnt support him. If they are willing to support all those others and not AJ do his supporters really want them?

So let me get this straight…

Back in the day you listened to AJ. Now that you are so much more educated you know better?

Get over yourself and keep reading! You don’t know the truth.

By the way….who is the Nubee here? You have 133 posts.

link   

Originally posted by neo96

Comparing ATS to a OWS forum ?

No COMPARISON since i have never seen snyone on this site get Banned for posting what Alex Jones says.

Blah.

You have never seen that happen on an OWS forum either.

Can you try some honesty and see how it tastes?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join