It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OWS Website Bans Alex Jones

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

I think any movement would want to distance itself from Fringe lunatics like David Icke and Alex Jones, especially David Icke :-)

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Devino
reply to post by psyop911

Well I guess the moderators at Occupy Wall Street's forum feel that it is not the place to discuss conspiracy theories. No surprise there considering that the occupy movement is not about conspiracy theories.

of course. that's bad pr. lol.
ows brand also doesn't want to be "aligned"
with 9/11 truth either. like wikileaks, for example.

uh-oh, there we go again, talking about conspiracies.
bad word, conspiracy. very bad word. immature word.

lol.
you see, left establishment gatekeepers are...
edit on 22-11-2011 by psyop911 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag

Originally posted by jlv70
reply to post by seabag

I know they didn't get any money out of Soros:

(Reuters) - George Soros isn't a financial backer of the Wall Street protests, despite speculation by critics including radio host Rush Limbaugh that the billionaire investor has helped fuel the anti-capitalist movement.

Source:www.reuters.com...

That is complete propaganda! You tried this once before defending Soros, didn’t you? In fact, the Tides Foundation, Adbusters, MoveOn.org, Media Matters are all funders of OWS.

I dont doubt that there are suspect people involved or backing this movement, but of all the people pointed out in the video hardly any of them actually look like the people the video maker claims them to be.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by sam_inc
Its called free of speech, wtf?

no. it's called an illusion. lol.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

I have been banned as well now for about two weeks. I don't know why I was banned, I was mainly advocating Direct Democracy and pursuing tax withholding to get them.

I never once mentioned the people they don't like.

I have emailed and called to find out why I was banned and have received no answer.

This makes me wonder whether OWS is a black op to draw rebels to the surface and impose martial law.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Come on, people!! You're movement has been bought!!

Wrong, sir. Your movement has been bought. These men are telling you that our leaders are reptilian shapeshifters and making money off of it. What is OWS trying to sell to you?

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
AJ acts the way he acts only because that's what gets people's attention and he's done it so much that it's second nature to him, so to him it feels like it's spontaneous allowing him to communicate to his audience with congruency.

What I'm saying is that that doesn't make him a kook.

And no one is ever completely wrong or right. Only a Sith would think that. You could walk into a library, take a look around, and know that every book there is maybe 50-80% right.

You have to use your noggin. I found some bs with Jones a while back and seriously had to ask myself if there was anyone who told the truth. Long story short, don't throw the baby out with the bathwater.

And David Icke is correct with a lot of his info right? But reptilians? Just use discernment there. He's right at least part of the time. And he could be adding the reptilian stuff to keep from getting assassinated, because TPTB need only discredited kooks to tell the truth. If they assassinate a kook, it could take the kookiness out of the equation.

Jones and others are probably spamming to take advantage of a new audience that's not hearing what they need to hear. Jones is just guilty of overkill. I think OWS might just be tired of it. Just speculation of course.

If you had an important message to send and only one shot, would you rather resort to overkill or some iffy gentle approach that people might just ignore?

Btw, Jones won in this because now it throws his validity into question, requiring more people to think just a little more even if they are sheep.

I also think that this problem is linked to the White House's issue with him when on the surface it's not obvious. But just putting two and two together makes you go hmmmm.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

I think that it is true that the occupy movement, just like the tea party movement has its own ambitions. Statements like this from ows people show that. Both sides of the political landscape want mostly the same things. Banning people's relevant comments is anti-free speech. I'm totally aghast at the way our govt has handled these protests, but am equally disturbed at the turns ows has taken. Money corrupts, and they are getting money from bad people just like all the other political groups.
As far as Alex Jones and David Icke are concerned, they represent the will and guts to say what they think despite what may come down the pipe. They also get paid to do so, that's why you have a discerning brain, to judge each matter for yourself. Do I think the Queen is a lizard? I don't know about that, but I do think the money system ias David icke describes it is pretty accurate. The real point is these guys have gotten a lot of things right and I'm thankful for their part in keeping information flowing.

Chew the meat, spit out the bones. You do it with your meals, now do it with your information.
Remember truth doesn't care who speaks truth, and. Truth from a liar is no less true. Something to ponder.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by jlv70
reply to post by seabag

I know they didn't get any money out of Soros:

(Reuters) - George Soros isn't a financial backer of the Wall Street protests, despite speculation by critics including radio host Rush Limbaugh that the billionaire investor has helped fuel the anti-capitalist movement.

Source:www.reuters.com...

That is complete propaganda! You tried this once before defending Soros, didn’t you? In fact, the Tides Foundation, Adbusters, MoveOn.org, Media Matters are all funders of OWS.

I don't really have a horse in this race, but that video you posted is terrible. None of the people look like who they are meant to be. If your using that sort of footage as evidence your doing your side no favors

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   

You consider everything biased when you disagree with it, so I can’t win with you!

How about:

link
link
link
link
link

That's 5 minutes of searching. I could go on and on all day. You guys really need to stop fighting this……its getting beyond absurd at this point

Frontpagemag: The fingerprints of the preeminent funder of the activist Left today, George Soros​, are all over the """"""ANTI-AMERICAN"""" “Occupy Wall Street” movement.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by blarged

unforunately that's the stranglehold we are all in. if the issue is on the democratic-liberal side, the repub-conservatives will research the heck out of it and reveal what they think to be valid points. ditto for the opposite example. for all we know, they could be tossing this fake ball back and forth between them, knowing full well that nothing will ever be proveable about them because their side or the opposing side's side can always just point at it and call it bias.
that's the state of stalemate we are in as information gatherers

edit on 22-11-2011 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   

So let me get this straight!! The people who have been calling ##snip## the longest are now BANNED from OWS?

Is this not proof of an OWS takeover by the real crooks?

Come on, people!! You're movement has been bought!!

It's pretty simple, OWS is based in reality and deals with real word problems.

People like Alex Jones are fantasy based and spread delusions and fear mongering.

If you were doing something productive would you want the biggest troll around to join your cause?

Now I don’t know about you but i'm pissed! Alex Jones has been exposing the NWO, political corruption, the Federal Reserve, TPTB, etc for the past 18+ years. Is he a little crazy? SURE he is, but aren't we all?

It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. -Krishnamurti

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Here's something I don't understand. Many ATS members cry about how mainstream media is full of propaganda, lies and sensationalism, and rightly so, for the most part. HOWEVER, they're perfectly willing to believe and support someone like Alex Jones just cause he spouts trash that they want to be true. They are the biggest hypocrits ever. AJ has lied, predicted wrong, fearmongered, sensationalized, etc way more than any other "news" source I've ever seen.

How do you not see Alex Jones LIES way more than even Fox News or any other mainstream media source, how many bogus stories and failed predictions has he pushed as "the real deal" "this is it" over and over to sell his dvds/books/survival products/etc and they've all turned out to be utter bull poop of course. If even 10% of his ludicrous claims and predictions came true, the world would be pretty much destroyed by now and billions of people dead.

He sensationalizes and exaggerates WAY more than any news source, even more than most tabloids. How many times has he screamed the end is here!, Iran war is about to start!, nuclear terrorist attack is weeks away!, yadayada, he's been doing that # for years and none of it comes true. This is worse propaganda and sensationalism than any mainstream media, and he does it all to get attention and make money and he sure makes a lot of money.

In conclusion, good riddance, Alex Jones is the last thing OWS would need, he'd only use them to make money anyway.

edit on 22-11-2011 by darkest4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

But it's so obvious that the whole game is rigged to divide the people. Why can't people see through that deception? If you saw through the Demo-Repub split and actually worked together rather then fight, you Americans could achieve so much. Bush screwed up and Obama screwed up. Truth is the politicians representing those two sides are useless. The whole system needs an overhaul. I hope RP is true to his word and gets elected.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by OneManArmy

i saw some that looked similar but some, i couldn't tell.
and some didn't look the same but could've been lighting. but i had the same reaction as you... "ehhh i' m not so sure."

doesn't really matter if they are or aren't dramatizing the event since that's inevitably not the issue anyway. the issue is what ows stands for. how far they'd be willing to go to get it done, is already obvious even without a possible faked scripted movie event. they are willing to camp out under rather harsh conditions it seems.. i mean i cant prove that either as i would have to drive there and see it with my own eyes but accepting that reality is what it appears to be most of the time, they seem pretty dedicated to accumulating power for a reason

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

I agree with seabag. Alex Jones has more patriotism in his little finger than other people have in their entire being. I don't think he should be denied the opportunity to support his family, staff, and operations.

No one is perfect, but he is doing a national service. Do your own research and you'll see that he is 99+% correct.

Shame on OWS for censorship....Looking very co-opted now.

Nothing wrong with exposing conspiracies. What's wrong is the conspiracy itself -- if it harms the freedoms of Americans. /gain, do your own research and you'll see that Alex is on the right trail....

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by onfire49

Not correct! Some of us that have been around a few years don't post a hundred times a minute. Get a clue.......really.

I support AJ for bringing another light on dark subjects. Getting any kind of information at all it hard enough, let alone the truth from our Govts and the elite whom just spew crap out of their mass media mouths.

I don't really care if he is wrong on what he sees coming, he is showing what the corupt are doing and have done now.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Bixxi3

And I see you have been here for like...............ever..............

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by blarged
reply to post by undo

But it's so obvious that the whole game is rigged to divide the people. Why can't people see through that deception? If you saw through the Demo-Repub split and actually worked together rather then fight, you Americans could achieve so much. Bush screwed up and Obama screwed up. Truth is the politicians representing those two sides are useless. The whole system needs an overhaul. I hope RP is true to his word and gets elected.

well recently, we had a tea party, and now, we aren't so sure what they are up to either. i don't think big independent groups survive the exchange of power for loyalty. they all appear to get assimilated and seems ows is in that process right now.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by N4mYourself
reply to post by seabag

I agree with seabag. Alex Jones has more patriotism in his little finger than other people have in their entire being. I don't think he should be denied the opportunity to support his family, staff, and operations.

No one is perfect, but he is doing a national service. Do your own research and you'll see that he is 99+% correct.

Shame on OWS for censorship....Looking very co-opted now.

Nothing wrong with exposing conspiracies. What's wrong is the conspiracy itself -- if it harms the freedoms of Americans. /gain, do your own research and you'll see that Alex is on the right trail....

Great post

new topics

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join