It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Informative Speech?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Hey everyone! My communications course needs me to do a informative speech one something that is interesting and researchable. It can only be 5-7minutes long.

Since I come here for interesting things I figured I might come here to see what you guys think. I'm leaning towards how to put together a bug-out bag but, I'm not sold on it yet.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by ohyouknow

How awesome...I just did an informative speech last week...they are fun!

I managed a 97 out of a possible 100 points...so I might be able to offer up some advice.

Do you have any ideas for a subject yet?

I mean a bug out bag is a start...but what about it...what would three main points be?
edit on 21-11-2011 by jerryznv because: ...

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by jerryznv

I'm thinking having it on preparedness and how one could put together a bug-out bag. It'll be easy enough to find information to do the research on.

What was your topic?

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by ohyouknow

I'm thinking having it on preparedness and how one could put together a bug-out bag. It'll be easy enough to find information to do the research on.

What was your topic?

With a bug out bag you could go with something like:

a. What it is ( most folks don't know )

b. Why you would need one ( again most folks don't have a clue )

c. What supplies are common in a bug out bag ( Most people at this point will either think your crazy or that they need one )

I gave mine on HAARP. Just the basics and cited a few sources really quick. Had a blast with it and it's a nice subject for your persuasive speech if one of those is in your future too. ( I mean the bug out bag idea...always better to use the same topic...saves loads of work).

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   
How Marijuana became illegal.
Let's just say it involves a lot of racism, Randolph Hurst and the paper industry, and the loss of freedom.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   
That whole thing isn't my cup of tea, but thanks for the suggestion!

Originally posted by jerryznv

Originally posted by ohyouknow

What was your topic?

With a bug out bag you could go with something like:

a. What it is ( most folks don't know )

b. Why you would need one ( again most folks don't have a clue )

c. What supplies are common in a bug out bag ( Most people at this point will either think your crazy or that they need one )

I gave mine on HAARP. Just the basics and cited a few sources really quick. Had a blast with it and it's a nice subject for your persuasive speech if one of those is in your future too. ( I mean the bug out bag idea...always better to use the same topic...saves loads of work).

Yeah, I think that might be the place I'm going with it. Easy topic to talk about and quick enough to cover most of what is needed within the 5-7 minutes I have to talk about it for.

I can imagine the whole HAARP thing would be super interesting.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by ohyouknow

Yeah, I think that might be the place I'm going with it. Easy topic to talk about and quick enough to cover most of what is needed within the 5-7 minutes I have to talk about it for.

Well good luck with it...sounds like an interesting short speech...and definitely an attention getter...should go well for you!

I used a power point with mine...helps keep me on track and keeps your audience focused on something other that how nervous you might be!

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Gotta say I'm with Ghost375 on this one.
All depends who your group is and what your goal is.

If you'd really like to see how well the gov't, media, etc. have brainwashed us over the years, tell 'em about why hemp is really illegal.

Hemp bricks, stronger than concrete - hemp clothes - hemp building:
www.forbiddenknowledgetv.com...

I bought some hemp socks about 5 years ago at a major retail drugstore outlet, just for the heck of it.
I still wear them all the time. They are still softer and more white, no pilling, no holes in the toes. I still ask at the store occasionally to see if they are in stock, and besides a few crazy looks tossed my way, no.

Then theres the car that Henry Ford originally designed using hemp in it's construction:
www.brasschecktv.com...

Ever heard of Rick Simpson? Keep in mind, he never made one dime helping to cure his friends, relatives and neighbours of various diseases:

Just sayin'.
All the best with your speech!

PS Hey I just read where you replied - was it to Ghost 375? that its not your cup of tea.
I would normally just remove this post, but I'm thinking that the more info gets out on this, the better. Hopefully this will just make for an interesting read/watch some chilly evening.

edit on 22-11-2011 by ItsEvolutionBaby because: woops! missed part of a post---

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by ItsEvolutionBaby

All depends who your group is and what your goal is.

You kind of hit the nail right on the head...who are you speaking to and why?

In an academic environment speaking about an illegal drug (In most states without a medical card anyway) can really be damaging to a grade...normally in an informative speech the topic needs to be approved with the instructor...and in my class this would not have been allowed.

Not that it is a bad subject at all...but it would of surely assured a failing grade by anyone who chose to speak about it in my class.

Censorship...oh ya...but after you obtain your degree...you can speak about whatever you want!

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Aah yes, its the old sales routine - "know your customer".
And yah, thee hemp is a touchy subject especially where grading in an ed facility is involved.

Thanks for your reply. I learned the info I posted in the last 2 years, and its stuck to me - even tho a person may not smoke it, the scads of info claiming its benefits is just too huge to ignore, in my opinion.
They banned a-- plant.

The bug out bag I should have mentioned earlier, is also a really good topic - informative, futuristic, and not in the daily headlines. You should receive a bonus for such a non-mainstream topic! And getting people to think thoughts they may have never had before.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by ItsEvolutionBaby

the scads of info claiming its benefits is just too huge to ignore

I completely agree...it is unfortunate...but until the laws change (that means people need to change) we are forced to swallow whatever they want to feed us.

College has been the sight of conspiracy for decades...and there is definately something to be said for that...unfortunate again...but that is just the way it is for the moment...I have a feeling change is coming...it is just slow in coming.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Agreed on all.
And with your quote, I am hopeful that with students like yourself, the coming change will lead to good:

Censorship...oh ya...but after you obtain your degree...you can speak about whatever you want!

Can you let us know the reaction you get from your audience post-speech?

new topics

top topics

join