It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

At what point do you leave?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
You leave when you know an unsurvivable circumstance will soon occur.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by moondancer811
reply to post by boymonkey74

Are there strict gun laws in the UK?
Yeah, no way I'd stick around in an institution with the violent people without fire arms (and strong men)...actually, there's no way I'd walk around without firearms if the shtf anyway!

Yup very strict, I know people with a shotgun and they have to go thru a lot of check's.
But maybe its a good thing if SHTF cos we won't have any guns I would just use harsh language I suppose
(I know some great swear words lol)
Oh and you don't have to be strong to be able to restrain someone, I saw a 5 foot 95lb girl take down a 6'5 300lb guy (Hooray for our training
)
heres a link www.marplerifleandpistolclub.org.uk...
edit on 22-11-2011 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Oh wow, those are some strict gun laws! Here's ours in NH, to help put it in perspective. You'll laugh, there really are not any.

edit- I'm a wimp.
I'd need a lot of training to be able to protect myself against a big guy.
pgnh.org...
edit on 22-11-2011 by moondancer811 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by moondancer811

Wow laughed at this bit

Q: What do I have to do to buy a gun in New Hampshire?

A: Go to a gun store, a gun show, or a private party selling a gun, and give them money

lol
No offense but I do find it weird and one day when I grace the US with my presence lol
I would be a little afraid if I thought that anyone could have a gun.
But if SHTF yeah I wouldn't mind a gun.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Well, those gun laws are only for my state, which is New Hampshire. Other states have gun laws as strict as yours.

I must say though, there's not much crime by firearms up here. Mostly hunters and people carrying for self defence. At this time of year (it's hunting season) people openly walk around with guns and it's not very scary.

Thank's for the great conversation! S&F for being interesting.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
reply to post by moondancer811

No offense but I do find it weird and one day when I grace the US with my presence lol
I would be a little afraid if I thought that anyone could have a gun.
But if SHTF yeah I wouldn't mind a gun.

Come on over and check it out, it is not as bad as you may think. The majority of the time someone could be standing right next to you with a gun and you would never know. You may even have a nice conversation with the person. I assure you, the criminals are not the only ones with guns in the US.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by moondancer811
reply to post by shushu

Slightly off topic, but wasn't there an episode (or was it a movie?) on the Walking Dead where people did lock themselves in and take care of the elderly? It was actually a very good example, and realistic, to the OPs question. This gang was armed to the max and defended and took care of these people. It's worth watching for perspective I guess.

Yeah, the Walking Dead had one of these episodes when they are in Atlanta... The difference, though, is that they had a whole group of people who stayed, not just one nursing assistant. And, they were taking care of the elderly (yes, some probably with dementia or alzheimers), not psychotic people.

OP is specifically talking about mental health patients, some of which are potentially there under false pretenses and being perhaps the last caretaker on the grounds.

Either way, it comes down to personal choice.

BTW, OP is right, it doesn't matter how big you are, you can take down pretty much anyone if you know the proper techniques. I (average sized female) have done restraints/takedowns for 300lb psychotic men. It's hard to maintain, but not impossible to do.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 04:40 AM
link   

I suppose it depends on the situation-if you have a family you would want to get to them I would anyways -also it would depend on what they were in there for-maybe Id let out the ones who werent violent but not the most dangerous ones for sure because there always are enough murderers/looters/perverts/desperate individuals left no matter the scenario . But my first priority would be to my daughter.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join