It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The nature of government, self-empowerment, and the definition of insanity

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
First let me say that I am a huge proponent of personal liberties. I believe that every person was born free and retain the rights to exercise that freedom until they impose on the rights of another. I believe in liberation for all, I believe in an even playing field, I believe in the fight to end discrimination and bigotry.

And I don't mean to just pick on democrats with this (don't even get me started on mainstream republicans!) but this one is more or less targeted toward democrats (I have been watching MSNBC for a couple hours lol)

Where does this idea come from that in order to be liberated, we need MORE MORE MORE government: More regulations, more laws, more taxes .... more personal freedom?

This might be true, but for one fatal flaw: Politicians are tricking you.
More government = more loopholes, more corruption, more lobbying, more special interests, and a deeper and deeper rabbit hole.

One new law is five new loopholes.

If every politician was a god, pure of heart, rather than a human, ...sure. Go ahead, lets give them power. But have we not learned?!??!? Do we not realize by now that the surest, quickest way to corrupt the heart of a good, honest man is by giving him power to control other men?!?! Isn't this the definition of insanity?! We water our government and let it grow. Guess what sprouts? MORE PROBLEMS. More oppression. More corruption. So we water it more?
How can people really believe that someday, government will be so strong, so powerful, have passed so many laws that our society will finally be... free?

What?

The more faith we put in government the less we save for our neighbors. The more power we hand over to authority the less we keep for ourselves. If we want these services that our society deserves, we can build them with our hands. Despite what we have been socialized to believe, we are strong and we are capable~ Much more capable than our government, who has proved time and time again since the dawn of civilization that it is intrinsically corrupted by power and special interests. Believe in yourself and your community. If we want a socially liberated society, we must hold tight to the power we were born with as human beings. Stop asking your government to liberate you, that's a definitive contradiction. We must liberate ourselves and liberate each other.

/rant.

new topics

join