It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cyber-attack claims at US water facility FBI and Homeland Security to investigate shutdown of a wat

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Cyber-attack claims at US water facility FBI and Homeland Security to investigate shutdown of a water pump suspected to be work of foreign hackers

www.guardian.co.uk

On 8 November a technician said the system has been hacked from a computer in Russia. The incident was made public by a cybersecurity expert, Joe Weiss. "This is a big deal," he told the Washington Post.

US press reported that the company's database was compromised with hackers retrieving the supervisory control and data acquisition (Scada) software. During the attack the Scada system was turned on and off, burning out the water pump.
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 21-11-2011 by cerebralassassins because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Let me guess, it was running Windows, and obviously it was online.

So i guess cyberwar is alive and healthy, so what happens when american hackers are caught out doing the same thing to some russian complex, would this or should i say could this spark a new era in cyberwar or would anon be recruited as a global moderator, oh, i just realized, is this the actual purpose of anon ?

www.guardian.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
More like someone was angry that their water bill was so high that they used a proxy that happened to mirror through some russian server and hacked into the place to shut it down.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Anyone care to place a wager as to how long it will be before someone on ATS deems this a false flag attack?
2nd line

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dilligaf28
Anyone care to place a wager as to how long it will be before someone on ATS deems this a false flag attack?
2nd line

less than 24 hours....i'll put a case of beer up

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by cerebralassassins

Already posted here

Originally posted by Dilligaf28
2nd line

About 3 days after the post linked above, which ended up being earlier this morning:

Originally posted by Vandettas
Maybe it could be a false-flag, who knows.

If half of my state suddenly "dies off" or "gets sick" because of something unknown, they'll surely blame it on what was dumped into the water.

edit on 21-11-2011 by jadedANDcynical because: Tme warp

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 01:27 AM
link   
reply to post by cerebralassassins

Why don't these people have their hardware hooked up to offline computers and then have another network of online computers for sending the information from those computers in slightly delayed real time and receiving info they need? There has to be a way to have a computer benefit from the internet via another system hooked up to the internet.

new topics

top topics

join