It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

sleepiness and the buzz

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2003 @ 08:44 PM
link   
hey this is PC, the following is my friend however, he had wanted to ask about this. umm, here is mikiel.

ok for the past couple of weeks, around 8th or 9th period, i will get that buzzing sound in my ear, kinda like a more subtle version of the ringing during a hearing test, then i'll get really sleepy. i got sent out into the office and even after jumping up and down i was still as fatigued as i was. so it wasn't a problem of being worn out. then a lot of the times, i'll just suddenly come back to reality. this is usually accompanied by a head rush. does anyone know what this is?

posted on Apr, 10 2003 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Have you thought that you may have something going on that may require medical attention? Probably not, but I think if it continues you should probably atleast call a nurse hotline or even see a doctor.
On the other hand, you may just need more sleep? Or less, if you are sleeping too much.
Keep us updated, I'm sure it's nothing to get too alrmed about

posted on Apr, 10 2003 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Don't laugh, it is true. The same things used to happen to me. Don't worry, it will all go away one day. The ringing in the ears is reported by almost every person who claims to have been abducted. I claim it, and it happened to me.

posted on Apr, 10 2003 @ 10:21 PM
link   
I dont know if I believe the alien explanation, this person didn't claim to be abducted in this post.

I have heard that your ears ringing means someone is thinking about you.
I think it's true, a certain someone I am fond of has said her ears have been ringing.

I wouldn't worry too much, maybe your equilibrium is out of whack, I've heard of that happening. Have you been doing anything different in your life like sleep pattern, excessive exercise, or even stress?

posted on Apr, 10 2003 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Where do you guys live?

What you describe is very similar to what some individuals have described as being a likely side effect of HAARP transmissions. For some reason, some people are sensitive to extreme ELF/ULF transmissions, and can actually feel/hear the transmissions.

There are stories of some people who are especially sensitive to these transmissions, and it has a profound effect on thier day to day lives. Some have even committed suicide as they basically loose control of thier lives.

AF1

posted on Apr, 11 2003 @ 12:54 AM
link   
I heard that they used to think this was emitted from nuclear submarines using sonar. Used to give a lot of people problems. As for the ringing, I've had it before, but haven't had that problem in a while.

posted on Apr, 11 2003 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Then how do you explain my situation? You said it isn't probable, so why and how? Can you explain? Cause to me it seems that aliens were in my house. I wasn't dreaming.

Dragon: I lived in Baldwin County Alabama when this happened. Fairhope to be exact. Now I live in San Fernando Valley, California. When I was in Fairhope is when and where I was contacted. They took me more times than I probably know. They let their children play in my house. They let me see their visions. I saw myself dazed and swaying in small little circular rhythms as I sat on my couch. I was using the couch as a second bed because I have a bad back. I relate a lot of my back problems to the aliens. I went to a chiropractor not too long after that, and he said that I had unusual scars near my lower lumbar areas of my back. My chiropractor confirmed my long held beliefs that my lower back was severely damaged. Yet while I thought "Damaged", he said "Doomed". He also confirmed my other long held belief that those scars were not accidental. He said those scars on my back are surgical. I tried to get another answer out of him, but he was sure of himself. Then again so was I. I knew he was right, because I felt the same way for many years. I always said that those scars are from abductors. No man with any sense would claim they were not surgical. I have never had any type of surgery in my entire life. So how do you explain my scars????? It is obvious what occured.

As for ringing, well that is a longer story. I am not up for that one right now. I am too tired right now. But anyways, the ringing wasn't constant, only after I came back from where ever I was taken. I can admit with pure honesty that I was a suicidial person in those days. Then again, I was 13 years old. Wow seems like yesterday.

posted on Apr, 11 2003 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Abraham Virtue
Then how do you explain my situation? You said it isn't probable, so why and how? Can you explain? Cause to me it seems that aliens were in my house. I wasn't dreaming.

I never said that I thought that you're encounter never happened, I was simply saying that I didn't think that was the reason that this person felt like that because he makes no mention of an abduction.

posted on Apr, 11 2003 @ 04:35 AM
link   
There is a physical condition called tenitis that causes a buzzing in one or both ears. The buzzing volume may be quite loud, then slowly fade back to a low level hum.

posted on Apr, 11 2003 @ 04:40 AM
link   
If you listen to Heavy Metal with the volume way UP, with or with out headphones, take a break.

For the sleepiness, do you smoke weed? Take a break.

You are in high school, right? It sounds like your having too much fun.

posted on Apr, 11 2003 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by dragonrider
Where do you guys live?

What you describe is very similar to what some individuals have described as being a likely side effect of HAARP transmissions. For some reason, some people are sensitive to extreme ELF/ULF transmissions, and can actually feel/hear the transmissions.

There are stories of some people who are especially sensitive to these transmissions, and it has a profound effect on thier day to day lives. Some have even committed suicide as they basically loose control of thier lives.

can you give some background info on where these transmissions come from, etc.?

posted on Apr, 11 2003 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I get the same thing. But I live on Long Island in somewhat close proximity to Brookhaven Labs. I never kne what to make of it either untill I read DragonRiders post. Now Im beginning to believe that its because of HAARP.

posted on Apr, 11 2003 @ 06:41 PM
link   
doubt we're near any haarp facilities. mike won't beback over til tomorrow but i'll let him know then. thanks everyone. i still think it's cause he gets 5 hours of sleep a night

posted on Apr, 11 2003 @ 08:08 PM
link   
How about a bright flash in one eye followed by a headach after you regain your vision in your eye.

posted on Apr, 12 2003 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by phoenix_cross
i still think it's cause he gets 5 hours of sleep a night

That would probably explain the fatigue.

posted on Apr, 12 2003 @ 11:00 PM
link   
energy_wave, I know exactly what you mean. It happens to me sometimes. Dont know why though, do you?

posted on Apr, 13 2003 @ 12:01 AM
link   
In terms of location, the known location for HAARP sites are:

The original facility at Camp Hero, Mauntauk Point, NY (dont know if it is still in operation though)

The big facility at Gakona Alaska (HAARP)

A facility originally labeled as a ULF/ELF transmitter for communications with underwater submarines, but suspected of being a camoflages HAARP facility at Fort Mead Maryland (NSA headquarters)

A new facility recently constructed at an undisclosed location very near NORAD, apparently in Colorado, size and capability unknown.

Of course, you dont have to be in close proximity to a transmitter to have these effects. If an active remote ground penetrating tomography program is going in your area, you could well be affected. There is also evidence that you can be affected by "signal overspill" 100s of miles from a transmitter, or from the target area.

posted on Apr, 13 2003 @ 12:52 AM
link   
well we do live on drum. i seriously doubt it's anything more than insomnia, but you all have good ideas too. i don't know what there is to do about it. maybe i'll give mike a dollar and tell him to shutup about it

posted on Apr, 13 2003 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Article about the Kokomo Hum... I think a lot of the symptoms sound like what some of you are experiencing

In 1999, residents of Kokomo, Indiana began hearing a constant low-pitched rumbling noise. They developed a range of mysterious health problems soon afterwards, including dizziness, diarrhea, extreme fatigue, joint and muscle pain, nosebleeds, and headaches. No one could figure out where it was coming from.
The Kokomo Hum isn�t the first complaint about strange low- frequency noise and related health problems. The Taos Hum in New Mexico drove residents crazy in the early 1990s�they complained about a persistent deep droning noise and accompanying headaches and illnesses.
Just as with the Taos hum, some people say it�s like a diesel engine idling, while others describe it as a deep drone or fluorescent light-like buzz�and many people don�t hear it at all.
�I think we all know something was starting to go drastically wrong about two years ago,� says LaQuita Zimmerman, a 55- year-old grandmother who has lived in Kokomo her whole life. �It went from a headache to a never-ending headache.� The headaches only go away when she leaves Kokomo to visit relatives . �It�s been over two years now,� says Maria McDaniels, who lives several miles away. �We just noticed a low hum � a drone in the background. It seemed to increase in intensity in the wee hours of the night.� McDaniels, her two sons and her husband began to experience regular headaches, sleep problems, and diarrhea around the time the hum began.
Senator Richard Lugar�s office has received more than 80 letters complaining about the sound. Local officials have done little to about it, but last summer, the Kokomo Tribune began an extensive investigation of the hum. Reporters talked to 40 residents who hear the noise, and found that nearly all of them had visited a doctor more than once about related health problems, and at least 15 had undergone a series of neurological tests. �The Kokomo Tribune editorial board wonders if city and state officials hope this issue won't just go away on its own,� the paper says.
Investigations have failed to measure any low-frequency vibration that experts believe could cause either the noise or the health problems reported by those who hear it. People in Taos continue to complain about their hum, but many of those who reported serious problems have moved away.
People in communities around the world claim to have been made ill by low-frequency noises. There is the �Larg Hum� in Scotland, the �Bristol Hum� in England, and hums in Japan and Scandinavia.
Humming sounds can be generated by turbines, industrial fans, compressors and other machinery. Vibrations can travel a half-mile or more through the ground, causing dishes to rattle and people to hear an annoying low drone. Adding insulation or adjusting the equipment can solve the problem.
In 2000, one Kokomo resident hired an acoustic engineer to test for low-frequency noise. The engineer, Angelo Campanella, who runs his own acoustic consultancy firm and holds a doctorate in physics and electrical engineering, found a low-frequency noise in the woman�s home, but at a relatively low level. �The level that is there is right at the threshold of perception, around 60 decibels,� he says.
Acoustic engineer Paul Schomer, who reviewed the data, says the vibration Campanella detected would be a borderline problem that would bother some people and not others. Both men stress that more testing is needed before drawing any conclusions about the hum. �We don�t have really definitive data,� says Schomer. �We need to have measurements at a bunch of these houses over a period of time.� Schomer says that low-frequency noises are associated with a range of symptoms, such as general fatigue and malaise.
�They may be hitting on something that�s a real phenomenon, but it could be their imagination,� says Bennett Brooks, of the American Acoustical Society�s Technical Committee on Noise. �The levels [of low-frequency noise] that will rattle dishes on a wall � haven�t been shown to cause health problems, other than perhaps people waking up at night worrying.� Yet worrying, and the stress that goes with it, can cause the very health problems that people are complaining about.
�We�d like to find the cause and correct the problem,� says Scott Winger, a Kokomo postal employee who hears the hum and believes he, his wife and children have suffered health problems because of it. �It�s not something that we just thought up.�
�I know it does sound pretty bizarre,� Zimmerman says. �It did to me before I was affected.�

posted on Apr, 13 2003 @ 10:35 PM
link   
I have experienced the same thing many times in my lifetime. Usually its when I am lying down, I start to get the ringing noise in my ears but also I tend to get the sensation that I am falling when this happens. This usually causes me to panic and jerk awake. Even if I dont feel like I am falling, I will usually panic and wake up because I feel myself losing sensation in my body. Someone once told me that what I was experiencing was the beginning of an OBE (Out of Body Experience). I cannot vouch for that as I have never had an OBE that I know of, but I do know the sensation is a strange one.

The only time it ever happened to me when I was either standing or sitting was when I was in the service and was sleep deprived. In those cases I did not jerk awake, I was JERKED awake by the drill instructors after I started to snore.

There was also a medication I was on years ago that if I turned my head quickly, I got a similar thing, a buzzing in the ears and a head rush. But it only happened while on this medication, when I turned my head quickly, but it never made me feel like I was going to drop off to sleep.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join