It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LEAKED - DC Lobbying Firm Offers to Undermine OWS for $850k

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Link to PDF

A D.C. Lobbying Firm was planning to send this memo to the American Bankers Association on the 24th of November. In the memo, they talk about constructing "fact-based negative narratives of OWS" to place in the media, doing background research on prominent OWS participants, and monitoring social media (like Facebook) for anything to paint OWS in a negative light.

The cost for this research? $850,000.00.

This is absolutely ridiculous.
It sounds like some of us need to Occupy their office.

What do yall think?

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Before I move forward with thinking about this memo, can I ask where it came from and how you got a hold of it? It is certainly interesting, but I would be curious to know more about it's source first, before I starting buying into the message of the memo completely. I hope you understand my request.....

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by ChachiArcola

To be quite honest, I got the link from a friend, but right now I'm asking where he found it, so hopefully I will have your answer soon.
(:

I googled "CLGF smear OWS" and some news articles came up, you might want to look into those.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChachiArcola
Before I move forward with thinking about this memo, can I ask where it came from and how you got a hold of it?

It's public knowledge: Reuters

edit on 21-11-2011 by haterproof because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by haterproof

Thank you!!!! I hadn't seen that, and I wasn't doubting it by any means. Again, thanks!

It is something that we all knew was happening, but this surely puts it in writing, and is pretty wild to read. When it got to the state specific tactics, I was hoping I would read about my state of Oregon, but it wasn't listed. Anyways, thanks OP for the info!

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by ChachiArcola

No problem!

Glad you found what you were looking for, I hadn't gotten a response yet.

I kinda already suspected things like this were happening as well, but like you said the fact that it's right there in writing is pretty ridiculous.

At least they gave us some credit in there,

"It may be easy to dismiss OWS as a ragtag group of protesters but they have demonstrated that they should be treated more like an organized competitor who is very nimble and capable of working the media, coordinating third party support and engaging office holders to do their bidding."

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Another great reason to keep believing the mainstream media. I wonder which talking point will spring up first as response to this thread?

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by nihonjindesu08

So they are offering to get the facts out about OWS? and research the people behind it?

You say in your own post fact based........

so......if they research them and find out all kinds of nasty FACTS.........

then the people behind it are the bad guys and not the people they are investigating?

...........do people even use logic anymore?

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Well I think that this news is going to upset the vocal anti OWS crowd here at ATS. They are doing the same thing for free.

Caveat - I don't think all those who are against OWS are trying to smear the protests, but its obvious that there is a vocal minority who spend much of their time looking for every transgression right down to a nose picked, or swear word used by protestors.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by nihonjindesu08

The cost for this research? $850,000.00.

This is absolutely ridiculous.

That IS ridiculous......I'd do it for $500,000.00.

I mean...it's not even a hard job...OWS does most the work for you.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

Really?

You go to bank lobby firms for your facts?

Interesting.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by haterproof
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

Really?

You go to bank lobby firms for your facts?

Interesting.

Wait so because you dont agree with them , then their facts must not be facts at all?

Interesting.......

you guys want to jump on this yet dont want to rally to take down the politicians and lobbyist, instead you still target wallstreet...........

Weird
edit on 21-11-2011 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Researching is one thing. Parroting talking points on sites like ats is a different matter. I wonder how much repeaters get paid. By the post, sentence or word? Monosyllables count as full or half pay? Health benefits when the 99% finally reach critical mass? Lol get a job they say.

new topics

top topics

join