It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Triangle UFO Over Norway

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by duhdiggitydan
reply to post by Human_Alien

Well, given the noise in the background and whatever that clicking noise is taking up the majority of the audio you can hear in the video and the helicopters (if they are such) being so high up in the air, it would be difficult to capture the sound of the chopping blades on a cruddy camera.

I'm by no means 100% sure of what's up there, it is entirely possible that it is of extraterrestrial origin, but it's difficult to conclusively decipher what is up there given the awful film.

But why wouldn't the observers not notice this though?

I mean, I can hear a helicopter miles away. There's a very distinctive (almost guttural) thud-sound all helicopters produce.
Maybe it would be quasi-helpful to know what the witnesses were saying? Any Norwegians on board?

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Here's the news page about the video. www.ba.no...
The meteorologists don't know what it is. But the readers on the comment section believes those are chinese lanterns, but there's no proof though.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   

The lanterns can be at different altitudes, at which there can be different wind speeds. I'll also dare to say that lanterns can vary at how fast they're gaining altitude as well.

Three lanterns conforming to make a triangle are so common, and there are so many examples. I don't know what more can be said in an effort to convince you of this.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Droogie

The lanterns can be at different altitudes, at which there can be different wind speeds. I'll also dare to say that lanterns can vary at how fast they're gaining altitude as well.

Three lanterns conforming to make a triangle are so common, and there are so many examples. I don't know what more can be said in an effort to convince you of this.

Yeah, I suppose anything is possible. So these being anything OTHER than lanterns is very possible too.

Again, I just don't understand the mindset of people releasing lanterns/balloons. Unless it was a party . But even that is a bit boggling. To spend money on this just to watch it literally get blown away, doesn't make monetary or logical sense to me.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Lanterns are cheap, and they've become very popular. People will release them at any given moment for any given reason, such as birthdays, funerals, weddings, engagements, whatever. And seeing as there are seven billion people living on earth now, I'm surprised we don't see them more often.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien
But why wouldn't the observers not notice this though?

I mean, I can hear a helicopter miles away. There's a very distinctive (almost guttural) thud-sound all helicopters produce.
Maybe it would be quasi-helpful to know what the witnesses were saying? Any Norwegians on board?

Reasonable conjecture, absolutely. I too would like to see a translation of what the witnesses are saying.

This also has the possibility of being several different types of man-made aircraft—I'm still not ruling out the possibility of ET UFO—but the statistics of people seeing an actual sighting and having a camera at that very moment are reasonably low. I also think it's unreasonable to state that all helicopters can be heard from miles away. Depends on the size, how clear of a day it is, what the wind conditions are like, etc. etc.

It's tough being a believer with all the crap on YouTube. I know "they're" out there, given my personal experiences and the insurmountable data/evidence, but it takes a true believer to attempt to weed out the hoaxes that plague the intranets these days and not jump at every triangular formation of lights and explain as being ET UFO.

EDIT: I'm with you on these not being Chinese lanterns, however. I'm fed up of hearing that explanation when videos clearly don't follow patterns of lanterns.
edit on 21-11-2011 by duhdiggitydan because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
I am Norwegian, and I can tell you that Chinese lanterns are not at all something the common man even knows what is over here. Not that this completely rules out lanterns, but I am just saying that the odds of it being CL in Norway is a lot smaller than most other places around the world. Also (depending on what time of the year and area) Chinese lanterns would be illegal due to fire hazard.

My personal conclusion is, well, inconclusive. To make a good case we need multiple angles, good witnesses and etc. That does not mean I will not keep this case in mind though.

Thanks OP

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by astorath

Do you speak Norwegian? I would like see a breakdown of what the witnesses are saying if at all possible

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by duhdiggitydan

Sure, here it is:

Girl: Doomsday movie (something something, garbled)
Guy: But look then.. (excited voice)
- Silcence
Guy: Is this not "spaced"? (using the English slang "spaced")
Girl: Come on, lets go outside.
Guy: No.... (hesitant)
Girl: Yes.
Guy: Let's stay in the car.
Girl: Are you afraid?
Guy: No (laughing it off)
Guy: But it looks really weird
Girl: So let's go outside and look then.
- short pause
Guy: You.. (pauses), this is sick..
Girl: yes...
- Short pause
Guy: This is totally wild..
Girl: Yeah,... (kinda lacking words it seems)
Guy: On the camera you don't see the color, but it is orange..
Girl: Yeah
Girl: They seem to go upwards though, not down..
Girl: Is it still there or has it gone away? (I think she is talking about the light in the middle)
Guy: Yes
Girl: What? (did not hear him reply)
Guy: Yes

That should be 99% of it, there was some garbled that I could not hear, but that should be like 1% of the total audio.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
These things do behave like lanterns. At first there are 3 (which obviously makes
a triangle shape),then we have the 4th one floating up slowly( as a lantern might do).

One of the original 3 lights then fades out, again as a lantern would eventually burn
out. The 4th light is then forming a triangle with the other two although it
is a triangle of different dimensions to the first.

I'm wondering did the remaining lights just fade out like candles being
extinguished or did they shoot off in various directions. That is an important
part of the sighting we don't see, we need to know what happened to
the lights after the filming stopped. My guess is they faded out like light no.4.

From what we do see here, it looks like lanterns.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Thanks for the translate , good job

That pretty much sums it up as lanterns for me .

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by astorath
I am Norwegian, and I can tell you that Chinese lanterns are not at all something the common man even knows what is over here. Not that this completely rules out lanterns, but I am just saying that the odds of it being CL in Norway is a lot smaller than most other places around the world. Also (depending on what time of the year and area) Chinese lanterns would be illegal due to fire hazard.

My personal conclusion is, well, inconclusive. To make a good case we need multiple angles, good witnesses and etc. That does not mean I will not keep this case in mind though.

Thanks OP

I'm norwegian too, and I agree. Chinese lanterns are not very common here. Most people don't know what they are. I've seen it once in my life time during som anniversary for a restaurant, and those looked very orangeish and didn't light up that much. But then again, the videoquality and exposure on the camera could make anything look spectacular.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   

They are legal all year around according to the norwegian air traffic regulations. Of course there are legal statutes and regulations, as there are with cars and speeding, but you are allowed to drive your car as long as you stay within the speed limit. However, a lot of people speed anyway.

I can tell you that Chinese lanterns are not at all something the common man even knows what is over here

Quite a definitive statement, I disagree however, to some extent. As there are more and more theme shops and various other celebratory oriented shops selling lanterns, the awareness grows exponentially. This applies very much to Norway. They are easy to come by, and people will always have a good reason for sending them up in the sky. A quick search on google on your part will show you this. Most people are probably unaware, but there are still a lot people that do know of lanterns.

edit on 21/11/11 by Droogie because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Here's what gets me so frustrated. Not sure if I'll be able to convey it that well but here goes.

My first two words always seem to be "Just because"......

Just because we now have something: technology (for lack of a better all-around word) that mimics something else doesn't make the original 'something' disappear.

Just because we can synthesize thunder doesn't mean it gets replaced.

Just because Ufology falls under this unacceptable paradigm doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

Just because we don't fully understand something, doesn't mean we get to insert simple answers into a difficult equation.

Just because our modern ideology is more comforting to our dogmatic mindset, doesn't mean it's right.

Just because we have this need to know everything, makes the odds even greater for being incorrect once in a while.

And BECAUSE we see how arrogance replaced ignorance based on our very recent history---- we should learn how to avoid 'em both by now!

Because even when it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck and waddle likes a duck, there's a very good chance it's a hologram.
So......never be that sure!

(end rant)
edit on 21-11-2011 by Human_Alien because: typos

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   

a real triagle space ship is much bigger then the one shown in the video plus it only has three engines,not 4.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Droogie

Lanterns are cheap, and they've become very popular. People will release them at any given moment for any given reason, such as birthdays, funerals, weddings, engagements, whatever. And seeing as there are seven billion people living on earth now, I'm surprised we don't see them more often.

I think that's because they are not as popular as everyone thinks they are.

In fact, I'll go one deeper (down the rabbit hole). I think it's a guise. A set up of sorts. A cover-story if you will.

I understand balloons. They're colorful and people/children might hold them. Or they're draped around a room for a gala effect!! And sometimes, they're even released as a wish. I get that but they weren't invented with the sole purpose of BEING released. That came afterward.

So what is the purpose of lanterns? Explain this to me? There's work involved. There's a set up process. You have to insert energy (fire) into the hollows of these lanterns. For WHAT? To see them fly away?
I mean if there was a relationship with the person (like a balloon has) then yeah, maybe I can understand this.

But to me it's like buying colorful rocks just to toss them into the ocean.
Where is the entertainment value here?

If they were tethered together, so they can hover over your party for a while then, YEAH...I get it too.

But c'mon people. You buy these kits.....that requires some 'assembly' .....just to release it into the night sky? Again, for what?

It's not like a firework that at least gives you some eye-stimulation!!

I can't help but feel punks and pranksters use this more than 'regular' people who are just having a party.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by LogiosHermes27

a real triagle space ship is much bigger then the one shown in the video plus it only has three engines,not 4.

Oh thank you.
I misplaced my Universal UFO Manual so I am happy you are able to reiterate and remind us on the subject-matter.

(Will there be a test on Friday?
)

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Group of people sending sky lantern up in to the sky and make a wish.

www.youtube.com...

In such so many ways, people have the heart to believe in wishes coming true through lighting up a lantern and letting it go to the sky. A hopeful release and a wondrous thing to look at in the sky as if they’re stars shining so brightly.

naldzgraphics.net...

5 Wedding Wishes Printed Sky lanterns

www.skylanterns2u.com...

Sky Lanterns are now available through Sky Wish Lanterns.com the new site brought to you by wishlantern.com! Sky lanterns from Wish Lantern are fast becoming the hottest must have unique party accessory, and a lantern display will stun your guests and is sure to stay in the minds of everyone for years to come.

www.skywishlanterns.com...

And they're cool.
edit on 11/21/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

Group of people sending sky lantern up in to the sky and make a wish.

And they're cool.

For some reason, this immediately comes to mind:

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Droogie

Hi,

You are probably right, but I re-affirm the fact that the odds are smaller in Norway in regards to things being CL as compared to many other nations around the world. I would say that odds wise in Norway it would probably be a type of balloons and not CL. Again, Chinese lanterns might have become a big hit in a short amount of time.. Who knows. As for regulations: Open fires around nature (and we have a lot of that) is generally not permitted, that even goes for a small fire when you are hiking, during "summer season". It sounds totally absurd to allow CL's in that period of time. However, this being recent (as it seems) it would not fall into the illegality category since it is "past season".

Phage: Good to see we have the original ATS spook still hanging around

edit on 21-11-2011 by astorath because: added

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join