It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You Would Never Expect These Tech Giants To Back A Bill That Censors The Internet

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Some of the largest and most popular tech companies in the world are throwing their support behind a bill that could lead to censorship on the Internet.....................

If you even host links to content that infringes on a copyright, you have to take it down.

If not, the copyright owner can request that the infringing site has its advertising and transaction revenue cut off.

(visit the link for the full news article)

www.businessinsider.com... ium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+businessinsider+%28Business+Insider%29
edit on 21-11-2011 by cerebralassassins because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Ladies and Gentleman this is obviously getting out of hand, what is bugging me is what is really behind this move and its so called copyright laws.

I smell a new form of tax, a tax for all or whoever wishes to launch a website regardless of revenue. On a personal note, this world is getting so weird that the irrational is beginning to become rational. Perhaps its time i slowly exit the grid but before i do, i should make sure i go out with a bang or perhaps a silent bang...anyone have an emp handy ?

www.businessinsider.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
well theres a list of companies that are loosing my custom.

None of those companies rely on user input, they probably see it as a handy way of hurting the competition.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
drum roll please.........

the so called giants supporting this bill are none other than....

link

edIT:

i had a helping hand from a buddy, so here some of the companies just posted

top topics

join