It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Argos Christmas Advert 2011, Desensitising Aliens to the General Public or Advertising Gimmick?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Argos, a major high street retailer in the UK, has released an advert featuring a family of 4 'Gray' Aliens.

they fit the classic description of the Gray, except for the blackened eye's, and are a bit more human in nature, as they spend their time shopping for Christmas presents.

Are adverts like this, simply the work of an advertising gimmick to create a sort of cute creature and/or possibly a viral advert on youtube (currently at 110,000+ views), or is this maybe the work of TPTB trying to desensitize aliens into making them seem more human?

The video can be found at:
www.youtube.com...

A quick search on wiki into the town of Argos, Greece, from where the company gets its name from, reveals that it's based on "If the name is Indo-European, it may be related to the adjective αργóς (argós) 'shimmering' or 'quick')". Taking this a bit too far, but they're a good way to describe a common 'disk' UFO sighting.

So, is it all a cute advert, or is there a lot more to it?
edit on 21/11/11 by Vinterskogen because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Vinterskogen

With key statements like "MMMMMM Bieber" I really doubt they are doing anything other than preparing us for a friendly alien attack where the adult female wishes to be involved with boys that look like girls. /bad joke.

Its most likely just marketing, imho.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
It's well-known that Argos are intent on world domination: Launch of Argos TV - mind control, innit

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Vinterskogen

Ha, ha, haaa !

I just saw this ad on telly, love it !

But they are blue, not grey, I hope they use them for future campaigns

On a more serious note, I think this is all just a gimmick, clever advertising ploy to draw us Brits to the computer to buy all Argos has to offer, nothing more

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
those aliens look cute i jsut wanna hug there fuzzy asses lol

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
aww they look kinda cute and furry!
reminds me of the movie, martians needs moms for some reason, nice advertisement

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
I saw it a couple of days ago and wondered how long till someone posted it here ... turns out a couple of days

Desensitising Aliens to the General Public ....No .
Advertising Gimmick? ... Yes .
Happy Christmas.

edit on 21-11-2011 by gortex because: edit to edit

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Well it certainly shows our bad (commercial christmas side) to aliens but does show them in a better light..

However it is better than the dig at Americans in the advert by "The Range" which made me ashamed to be English tho I bet the advert cost £2.50 to make.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
So that's why aliens come to earth, Argos points.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by gortex

Haha! I know, i searched for it before i posted, expecting like 4-5 threads posted on it, but nothing.

And yeah, the Mum is like "mmmmm Bieber", that guy is either 14 still or at least looks like it. Maybe Aliens are all paedophiles and we're being prepared for their horrible taste in child molesting or even worse.... they like Justin Bieber.

I don't think its more then a gimmick, but meh, i could be wrong. It's like the rumour that cabbage patch dolls where created to make people desensitised to radioactive fallout

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Those aliens arent real! Cgi! Hoax!

I think it is a way for their marketing department to diversify xmas shopping for everyone, even for the many who may not beleive in santa.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 02:38 AM
link   
I think when mars attacks better desensitized me to aliens a bit more than this commercial. It desensitized me to tom jones as well

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 04:57 AM
link   
Ye saw this a couple of days ago too, and thought I bet this will be on ATS soon, and it is.

Its viral marketing I would say, as there plenty of alien looking characters in child movies and tv programmes lately, so they basically targeting the kids I'd say.

To go with this I was at the NEC on saturday and there was a memorobilia show going on, you know where you can buy star wars, star trek and all that sort of stuff and old tv programme stuff.

Anyway I was with my boy and we sat down for an hour and watched them all moving around in the show and outside it, and it was quite freaky in honesty, because some of those people are really into it and to see real evil looking costumes on what must have been actors interacting with the people, and generally walking around and queing in Subway and all, was very strange.

It was almost as though I was in a start trek film, and we where sharing earth with all sorts of space visitors.

My boy loved it mind you, and was well impressed with the Storm Troopers!
edit on 22/11/11 by multichild because: (no reason given)

join