It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Ron Paul a Political Diversion to split the Republican Vote?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
There is talk of Ron Paul running on a 3rd Party Ticket. This is exactly what Ross Perot did which split the Republican vote and got Bill Clinton elected. Is Ron Paul setting us up for an Obama relection? IF so, has this been the plan all along by the globalist interests? Comments? Thoughts?

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by CosmicCitizen
There is talk of Ron Paul running on a 3rd Party Ticket. This is exactly what Ross Perot did which split the Republican vote and got Bill Clinton elected. Is Ron Paul setting us up for an Obama relection? IF so, has this been the plan all along by the globalist interests? Comments? Thoughts?

He already said he wasn't planning to run as a 3rd party candidate. He keeps being asked this question, and he always says "no".

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
I voted for Obama last election, and this time I want to vote for RP

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   
I've heard him say he won't run as a third party either. But, if Americans Elect www.americanselect.org... end up nominating him for President he might just go with it because the people asked him to run on that ticket.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Dr. Ron Paul has said he doesn't plan to run as a 3rd party candidate but hasn't ruled the possibility out. I don't believe it to be a ploy to separate the Republican vote. If anything it would be a breath of fresh air if he did in fact run as an independent. The only reason I am a Republican is because of Dr. Paul. If he was to go Democrat I to would go Democrat. He knows that the party system is now a joke. It's his principals that I follow not the party.

Ron Paul 2012.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
I would hope he could unite the republicans and pull some democrates too instead of splitting them, hopefully the people is smarter than the average poletician.

....I cant help but wonder how much RP would get flamed if Ayatollah Ali Khamenei endorse him and donated 100 million for the revolution-campaign.....it would be in Irans interest, except for the fact that it most likely would destroy Ron's chances.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by satron
I voted for Obama last election, and this time I want to vote for RP

i find myself in the same situation.

RP will do well in States with open primaries, he's the only one talking about real problems.
the democrats have no presidential contest, so independents are likely to vote republican, at least in the primary.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
false opposition; controlled opposition; masonic phony; there are a lot of terms for what I believe he is, but splitting the vote does not seem to be part of the scheme

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by 2manyquestions

Originally posted by CosmicCitizen

He already said he wasn't planning to run as a 3rd party candidate. He keeps being asked this question, and he always says "no".

He actually said "at this time? no. I am in the middle of a hot campaign" That being said, I love Dr. Paul and he probably wont do another useless independent ballot.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Ron-Ron is no one's puppet. He would've had to have been a sleeper and that doesn't compute with his history.

For those of you who think he's some kind of shill: Do you want to do some trading? Any kind of trading. Because I'm sure I would come out on top.

Let that sink in.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by CosmicCitizen

Not a whole lot of difference between Obama and the other republicans running, so splitting the vote seems kind of pointless.

A president's main power lies in foreign policy, and Obama's foreign policy agrees with pretty much everyone but Dr. Paul. Basically, on most fronts, if Paul doesn't get a shot, then it doesn't really matter - new boss pretty much the same as the old boss.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   

edit on 21-11-2011 by Fisherr because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   

This this is what happens when Ron Paul wins the nomination.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Ron Paul is the only legitimate Conservative candidate. If the GOP is stupid, and they don't give him the nomination, then yes, he will serve as a diversion to split the Republican vote, and they have no chance in hell of winning. The other outcome would be that he doesn't win the nomination, and then he doesn't run on a 3rd party ticket, and then his supporters just don't vote at all, or they write him in, or they vote for some other 3rd party, and still the GOP has no chance in hell of winning.

The choices are:
1. Obama. In all likelihood he will get a 2nd term. That is why you should be heeding all the Zombie Apocalypse warnings and getting prepared now.
2. Mainstream GOP gets a shot of intelligence from somewhere, and they actually follow the will of the people and give the nod to Ron Paul, and he could actually beat Obama. It is the best thing for the country, but it also means he will embrace the hard times for a short while, and he will put the country back on track no matter the short-term pain it causes.

So, prepare for the Zombie Apocalypse either way. It is the Fed Govt, and your friends' ways of telling you, in a coded and comical way, that regardless the outcome of the 2012 election, hard times are a coming. Either they will be coming as Ron Paul rights the ship, or they will be coming as Obama drives us on into the iceberg.

Either way, prepare today!

For the record, there is no third option. Don't try to pretend Romney or Perry or Gingrich might get elected. It isn't going to happen.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I am in favor of a Third Party philosophically; something along the lines of a conscientious conservative. Compassion for those who cant (as opposed to wont) help themselves but Conservative with the country's purse. Ron Paul being a doctor has to have compassion and we all know his conservative political views...but he is also in favor of a new world currency as I understand it and has masonic ties from what I have heard also. He could be being set up as the "anti-establishment candidate" either as controlled opposition possibly to split the republican vote or as a legitimate candidate to effect real change but if the later then the media will have to take a sudden liking to him and that has not yet happened. He talks the right things but are we prepared to do what the NWO wants in terms of replacing the dollar with a one world currency (likely partially gold backed). It is probably inevitable but, I, personally, would like to see us have more time to reform the system before more draconian measures and changes (with the accompanying financial bloodbath) that would be carried out. IF we could just balance the budget again and make permanent cuts and revamp the tax system we could still save the system. I am afraid Ron Paul might go along with the "new world order" and replace the dollar with the one world currency as he has indicated in the past....and given that control of the political system follows who has control of the monetary system, we would be ushered in to the One World Government system with our tacit consent - not fully understanding the consequences accompanying loss of freedom.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Well lets see here... If Paul loses the nomination to Romney and he beats Obama then we will have an ultra liberal in office. If Ron Paul splits the vote and Obama wins again, then we will have an ultra liberal in office.

I don't think the elitists started a plan some 30 years ago (Follow Paul's consistent voting record) to set him up as a fall guy to get someone in office whom will merely puppet the current administration. A Romney presidency and an Obama presidency would be the exact same. Status quo, overhyped, and fruitless.

top topics

join