It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cyborgs-R-Us

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
New technologies or advancements come out once in a while that make you say... why were they working on that? Maybe putting a computer chip inside a dog, or controlling eye movements by computer. This story fits right in, if you ask me, to the growing list of things that could make a cyborg - part human, part robot.

Scientists have discovered, reported in Science Daily, that Tweaking a Gene Makes Muscles Twice as Strong.

dramatically enhanced muscle tissue in a high performing mouse

This also has non-nefarious uses such as mentioned in the article it can help people with degenerative muscle issues.

The scientists found that a tiny inhibitor may be responsible for determining the strength of our muscles. By acting on a genome regulator (NCoR1), they were able to modulate the activity of certain genes, creating a strain of mighty mice whose muscles were twice a strong as those of normal mice.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Scientists keep trying to artificially duplicate what the mind has been able to always do on it's own. Meditation can reduce stress, build muscle, regrow hair, heal illnesses, the list is endless. It's take control and discipline, and seems to be a lot more affordable if you ask me.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

It kinda let Steve Jobs down though didnt it?

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by trustnothing

Steve lived longer with that particular type of cancer than most people do with it. Problem is that his job involved being around radiation emitting devices all day long, that's not going to help longevity.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi
Scientists keep trying to artificially duplicate what the mind has been able to always do on it's own. Meditation can reduce stress, build muscle, regrow hair, heal illnesses, the list is endless. It's take control and discipline, and seems to be a lot more affordable if you ask me.

What, can you build muscle through meditation?
Now i've heard that.
If you could post a link or teach me how, then I would be happy to give it a try, as i'm working out a lot

|.SLO7H.|

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by SLO7H

gene therapy, meditation... whatever, long as I don't have to go to the gym

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLO7H

Now i've heard that.
If you could post a link or teach me how, then I would be happy to give it a try, as i'm working out a lot

|.SLO7H.|

A 3 word Google search gives all these results.
Building Muscle Meditation

Sure you could find something in there useful. I am toned up, little body fat, and I sit on my arse most days. We are fit & trim in my household and we eat whatever we want. Of course what we "want" to eat isn't the average American diet.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLO7H

Now i've heard that.

|.SLO7H.|

A 3 word Google search gives all these results.
Building Muscle Meditation

Sure you could find something in there useful. I am toned up, little body fat, and I sit on my arse most days. We are fit & trim in my household and we eat whatever we want. Of course what we "want" to eat isn't the average American diet.

I knew you were going to say this.
I have already looked it up, BUT nothing says directly that you can build muscle purely by meditation. It only says that meditation can make you less stressed, which then makes you more relaxed, which then makes you sleep better and stay more relaxed so the muscles build more properly.

I don't think you can say that if you meditate you get bigger muscles, if you see everyone else that is meditating for relaxation and stress release, most of them are skinny as "damn". So what it means is that you will need to work out, and get a lot of rest like loads of sleep.

|.|SLO7H|.|

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   
wow this thread got off topic pretty fast. is their any update or info on human application and would that be safe?

new topics

top topics

join