It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CIA Spies Caught

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   
This looks bad, I wonder if America will use this as an excuse to launch an attack against Iran.

gma.yahoo.com...

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
USA doesnt generally admit to any spy activity, spys work is my its nature denied out right. So i dont think it would be an excuse for america, more on an excuse for iran to use further force.

Assuming the article is accurate.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by rudeboyrave

Thanks, sorry didn't see it.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by rudeboyrave
ATS - CIA Spies caught, face execution in the Middle East

Thread already started!

I believe THIS ONE was first

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   
oi! thanks

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
For those of you in the dark about most of the intelligence field's inner workings, let me explain. A spy or agent is someone who provides information. Think of them as a mine of gold. An operative (or what we would think of a traditional spy) is the one who gathers intelligence from them and could be described as the "miners." According to the article, it appears that agents were captured. This is a setback for whoever was "mining" them in that region but it doesn't appear any operatives have been compromised. Traditionally, an agent is handled by an operative and shares information with them. Agents will give up information usually for Money, their Ideology, Coercion (blackmail), or their Ego. If the operatives did a good job of disguising themselves during these meetings, then (if) the agents are tortured and executed (likely), the operatives will still be safe. However it appears people have been REALLY sloppy with tradecraft as of late (See Anna Chapman and the Russian Illegals program) so the operatives identity(s) might be at significant risk.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by ken10

Originally posted by rudeboyrave
ATS - CIA Spies caught, face execution in the Middle East

Thread already started!

I believe THIS ONE was first

One is in Breaking News, the other a regular forum both are allowed....the only situation where "duplicates" are allowed.

new topics

top topics

join