It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mysterious Disappearance of Jimmy Hoffa

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   
You know what's on Teamster's member's minds more than this? The thousands of grievances they've filed, but never get a hearing for. It's like they disappeared!

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Hoffa was not non-mafia. The Mafia got him elected as Teamster President for the sole purpose of having access to the pension fund, which they used to fund Vegas. The Mafia most likely killed him.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   
This is the type of read that interests me. Thank you.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 04:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by 3n19m470
You had me at "Riddle"... You're telling me the guy's middle name was Riddle??? Maybe he faked his death...
P.S. I didn't read any further than "Riddle"... Didn't need to.

Well, thanks for that ridiculous post that added absolutely nothing to the thread.

It's exact posts like that which are not needed anywhere on this website.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 04:42 AM
link   
Rising Against,
I believe Chuckie O'Brien had died recently. Not sure about it. He came out with this though. Hoffa's death was an elaborate one to say the least. O'Brien was the key to making him feel comfortable and leading him astray from a public place. Near the restaurant (5 mile radius) was a funeral home. Tony Pro paid the funeral director to leave. Apparently when they pulled up to the funeral home Hoffa was stricken with grief and sadness. He knew. He knew Chuckie had betrayed him. He was shot in the back of the head once through the doors of the establishment. Hoffa was cremated on the spot. Before anybody knew to look for him any trace of his existence was gone.
Who knows what really happened to Hoffa? We can only speculate. He may have left this world but he will live on forever in American lore.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 05:04 AM
link   
reply to post by kenny71

Thank you so much for taking the time out to write that reply, It's by far the type of thing I was hoping for here as opposed to the type of nonsense I found myself replying to in my last post, the post above yours.

Anyway, I really can't comment on the death of O'Brien because admittedly I had no idea it occurred, your post was the first mention of it that I've seen. However, reading your post, It all sounds soo very plausible to me. It really does.

The way in which O'Brien lured in Hoffa as they knew each other (which I mentioned in my OP's), but the way in which this account claims they killed him in particular.. well, that sounds exactly like how they would go about doing it from what I've read about these groups of individuals in the past.

Would it be possible for you to provide a link to where this account is mentioned by any chance though? Your post gives me some food for thought but I certainly couldn't take it as fact and I'd already love to read a bit more on this. Thanks.

If you have any more information on this I'd love to hear it - like I said before, this is a fascinating case and the fact we don't yet have a definitive answer explaining what really happened to Hoffa means we should only continue searching, IMO.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 05:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Rising Against

I actually can not find anything about Chuckie O'Briens death online. I tried to make sure about it before I posted it. I remember hearing it on the radio earlier this year. The source was 106.7.FM I find it odd though that I couldn't find a confession like that verbatim on the internet. It does sound plausible though. Definitely the right way to get rid of somebody.
It leaves me to wonder if it was accidentally leaked and now covered up or if it ever happened at all.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 05:37 AM
link   
Disregard post.
edit on 22-11-2011 by kenny71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 05:52 AM
link   

It is 7.1 miles down the road from the Red Fox Inn. Cross checked it with the Better Business Bureau that A.J. Desmond & Sons funeral home has been in business since 1917.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by kenny71

It is 7.1 miles down the road from the Red Fox Inn. Cross checked it with the Better Business Bureau that A.J. Desmond & Sons funeral home has been in business since 1917.

Yeah I just had a quick look online myself. Here's what I found:

- The Purple marker is the exact location of where Jimmy Hoffa disappeared from.

- The red markers are the known funeral directors in the area.

A little bit about some of those closest to the location of Hoffa, the information found by hovering over each marker:

Marker A gives us the name "Simple Funerals."

Marker B gives us the name Pixley funeral home Godhardt - Tomlinson - It also mentioned "Cremation and cemetery."

Marker C gives us the name Sparks - Griffin funeral home

Marker D gives us the name Huntoon funeral home

Marker E gives us the name Lawrence E. Moon funeral Inc.

Marker F gives us the name A. J. Desmond & sons Funeral directors.

Marker G gives us the name Cobb's funeral home

Marker H gives us the name Pixley funeral home - Davis chapel.

Marker I gives us the name Lynch and sons funeral directors.

Marker J gives us the name Southfield Funeral Home.

As we can see there's quite a few to choose from, assuming O'Brien really did claim what he's said to have done.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 06:29 AM
link   
If he was murdered by Mafia, the reason why they never found his corpse could be of so many reasons,

1) Cut him up into pieces and fed to sharks
2) Cremated
3) Buried middle of no where

So many possibilities! Also the justice system weren't as advanced as they are now.

Just saying! lol

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 06:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Zatox

2) Cremated

Yep, that's exactly what me and Kennedy71 are looking into right now.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Crazy isn't it? Now if I can only find some validity to O'Briens death or confession.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 06:39 AM
link   
I was wrong. I confused Chuckie O with Frank Sheehan. "Just before he died, Frank Sheeran, confessed to author Charles Brandt that he killed Hoffa. According to Sheeran, Chuckie O'Brien drove Hoffa, Sheeran and another mobster Sal Briguglio to a house in Detroit. Hoffa and Sheeran went into the house and the other two men drove off. Sheeran says he shot Hoffa twice behind the right ear. After the murder, Sheeran says he left the house and was told Hoffa was cremated. The full story appears in Brandt's book I Heard You Paint Houses (2003)."

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Another great OP RA. I just wanted to mention that Hoffa, Roselli, and Giancana all had involvement in the JFK Assassination.

Hoffa may have used Teamster Pension Fund to pay for the hit. Johnny Roselli says he was a shooter, and Sam Giancana gave them the go ahead nod of approval. They all went down before creation of the House Assassination Committee.

They all had 1st hand knowledge and required elimination.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 06:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Oldnslo

Also Richard Nixon was JFK's political opponent. Who gave Hoffa a get outta jail free card in 1971? Nixon.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Oldnslo

I just wanted to mention that Hoffa, Roselli, and Giancana all had involvement in the JFK Assassination.

I purposefully never never focused this thread on the JFK assassination btw. I considered it, hell I even started this thread as a JFK thread lol, but I felt that the theory I posted in the opening 2 posts were far more likely to be true and It's the one I currently believe in..even so I was hoping someone would bring up the JFK case as I wanted to share the information below at some point. Information connecting Giancana, Roselli and Hoffa to the assassination.

First though, when looking at Giancana, Hoffa and also Roselli, how they died, and when they died, we can find quite a few anomalies.

1.) The dates of when they died (this acting under the assumption Hoffa died on the day he went missing of course.)

Sam Giancana died on June 19, 1975.

Jimmy Hoffa died on the 30th of July, 1975

Johnny Roselli died 10 before he was found dead, stuffed into an oil drum on a Miami bay on August 9, 1976

Notice how close they are together? Possibly a coincidence but It's also possibly not..

2.) Well, have a look at how they died:

Sam Giancana was found with a massive wound to the back of his head and he was also shot multiple times in a circle around his mouth (a popular mafia killing which I believe is primarily used for those who talk. A technique used for obvious reasons.)

Johnny Roselli was found 10 days after disappearing mysteriously. He was found mutilated, repeatedly stabbed and stuffed into an oil drum.

And of course we know Hoffa disappeared without a trace.. many suspecting he was stuffed into oil drums and dumped somewhere like Roselli was.

But what could tie all of these men together in a way that means they would have to be killed so close together? Well, I can think of 1 thing... the HSCA investigation which was taking place at the time. After all, all of the men, as far as I'm aware, were set to appear before it. Roselli being called back for example (perhaps why he died later than the others).

Of course the HSCA investigation only came about due to the JFK assassination and here is a rather interesting source discussing it which is of interest here:

In 1992 Giancana's nephew published Double Cross: The Story of the Man Who Controlled America. The book attempted to establish that Giancana had rigged the 1960 Presidential election vote in Cook County on John Kennedy's behalf, which effectively gave Kennedy the election. It is argued that Kennedy reneged on the deal and therefore Giancana had him killed.

In his autobiography, Mob Lawyer (1994) (co-written with journalist Selwyn Raab) Frank Ragano added that in July, 1963, he was once again sent to New Orleans by Hoffa to meet Santos Trafficante and Carlos Marcello concerning plans to kill President John F. Kennedy. When Kennedy was killed Hoffa apparently said to Ragano: "I told you could do it. I'll never forget what Carlos and Santos did for me." He added: "This means Bobby is out as Attorney General". Marcello later told Ragano: "When you see Jimmy (Hoffa), you tell him he owes me and he owes me big."
(Source)

We all know how much Hoffa hated the Kennedy's, particularly Bobby, and we all know his own connections to the Mafia using the teamsters - and once more I'm sure we all know the strong connections the mafia have to the JFK case already.

Some more interesting information of value concerning the HSCA investigation here:

According to Peter Dale Scott, in 1976, James Jesus Angleton "told an investigator that he knew which mob figures, from the New York and Chicago mafia families, had killed Sam Giancana. He also blamed the Church Committee for causing the death of Giancana and Rosselli, by demanding testimony concerning topics on which the mafia code of silence could not be broken."
(Source)

This potentially explaining why Giancana for example was shot in a circle around his mouth which I previously mentioned.

Of course though, whether all of this is true, and they all died to ensure no one talked, we really don't know. If it is true then It's clearly case-shattering and it blows everything wide open.. but like I said, I still believe the theory I highlighted in my opening posts was the primary reason why Hoffa was killed, but who knows, perhaps both were a motive in his death, and the deaths of Roselli and Giancana.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

Well, Kuklinski was 6"5' and weighed 300 pounds. He was well known for his strength and his creative methods for killing. Stabbing in the head would mean he probably stabbed him in the neck, at the base of the skull. As for leaving him in the car, he stated that Hoffa was placed in the trunk and the car was delivered to a mob run wrecker...

He then went on to say the car was sold as scrap and Hoffa is probably a part of some Japanese car... Again, this is a claim made by a noted Mafia hitman and a psychopath. The FBI didn't quite believe him but that they couldn't rule it out...

...And so the debate continues...

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   

I agree with you entirely. The events from August of 1962 to August of 1976 are so intertwined, possibly with the same players, we may never know for sure who did what to whom. There is a common thread to these events but it's such a tangled web and as time goes by, it's becoming more difficult to discern possible truth from dis-information and outright falsehoods.

You're one of the best on ATS regarding the events in this timeline and I commend you on your knowledge and efforts to put some semblance of order to the evidence.

I've mentioned a couple times to Jim Tague about your writings on ATS and suggested he reads your threads with the possibility of him tying up some loose end or even getting a different perspective on a situation. We talk a couple time a month and we've discussed some of what you have presented on ATS. We believe you are "right on".

Great work presenting the facts and for keeping the search for the truth alive and well here at ATS!!!

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   

WOW after all these years, talk about a history lesson, i was 22 yrs old when the news story broke out on him, and it was print media at the time, some said he was buried in the meadowlands, in jersey, the biggest mystery of my day, besides JFK's death.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join