It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US, UK, Canada sanction Iran

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   

US, UK, Canada sanction Iran's banks, petro-chem

rt.com

The US along with Britain and Canada have announced new financial, energy sanctions against Iran to halt its suspected nuclear weapons program.

­According to the US official, who spoke to AP on condition of anonymity, new sanctions will likely be announced later Monday by Secretary of State Hillary Clinton.

The financial and energy sanctions will target Iranian companies, the hardline Revolutionary Guard force and Iran's petrochemicals sector.

The sanctions have been put in action starting 15:00 GMT on Monday with all UK credit and financial institutions to cease all transactions wi
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 21-11-2011 by unityemissions because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Well we knew this was coming sooner or later.

I personally still think this has little to do with Iran's nuclear program, and more to do with a proxy war with China, and perhaps Russia, over resources. Iran has 3x as many people as Iraq, so I'm not sure exactly how we're going to go about invading the country without major difficulties.

Comments welcome.

rt.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related Article:

There is also a concern that importers of Iranian oil -- which include such nations as China and India -- could be hurt by such a move, thereby antagonizing nations whose support the Washington needs if it is to pursue wider sanctions on Iran. The U.S. decision to take unilateral steps to sanction Iran reflects the difficulty of persuading Russia and China to punish it further at the U.N. Security Council, where they hold vetos and have supported four previous sanctions resolutions.

US to name Iran area of 'money laundering concern'

Well this is a big DUH!!

"The enemy of my enemy is my friend"

So Russia and China, of course take sides with Iran and don't want to screw up their economic deals they have as far as sucking out their resources goes. The US is trying to keep China from coming out on top this decade, by any means necessary. Apparently, loading the western world with this propaganda, and sending us to war is in the cards!
edit on 21-11-2011 by unityemissions because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reminds me of ..

"How U.S. Economic Warfare Provoked Japan’s Attack on Pearl Harbor"

www.independent.org...

same ol tricks , same ol games , just new media to sell th e propaganda

Screw harper! obama ! and the brit cam

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   
I'm from the UK, have lived in the UK all my life and i have never been so ashamed to call myself a UK citizen. I HATE this country, with a passion. I am glad my small home country of Scotland is pursuing independence from the UK because this is something i and my fellow Scots can do without...

The sooner ALL ties with Westminster are severed the better...what a joke of a country!

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by jrmcleod
I'm from the UK, have lived in the UK all my life and i have never been so ashamed to call myself a UK citizen. I HATE this country, with a passion. I am glad my small home country of Scotland is pursuing independence from the UK because this is something i and my fellow Scots can do without...

The sooner ALL ties with Westminster are severed the better...what a joke of a country!

Same. Always a puppet of someone else, be it the EU, US or UN. Our own sovereignty evaporated a long time ago.

Libya, Iraq and Afghanistan are winding down, if not mostly over entirely. The western arms makers need more business.

Arms production isn't to meet a need of war, war is to meet the need of arms productions. The massive stockpile of bombs, bullets and missiles has to be used continuously, money has to keep flowing.

People have to keep dying, buildings have to be destroyed so that they can provide opportunities to be rebuilt.

Far too many people outside of our circles understand these basic facts. Evidence against Iran is a fabrication. The US/Israel has been building towards this moment for at least 30 years.

This is not even considering that a good argument could be made for Iran to have at least one nuclear warhead anyway. Their aggressive neighbours have hundreds, they are constantly threatened, sanctioned and invaded by spies, and the US is the one who has actually USED them to kill hundreds of thousands of people and posion land for decades. Who's the real bad guy here?

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by yourboycal2

Yet it traverses far deeper,

the puppets on stage are what we focus the anger towards, and yet you change the actor, the same puppeteers run the show,

and it plays into their plan, their control over the world and it's beings, we focus on the 'Leaders' who we believe are creating plans and legislation, when they are just following the Agenda placed for them by the higher level,

it's quite easy for anyone to focus their anger on the president, or Prime Minister, it's smoke and mirrors, a distraction from coming together to expose the ruling elite,

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by jrmcleod

Having lived in england all my life, i feel the very same as you do. The whole system is a joke. Not one member of the public has a voice in this matter. Yet our leaders, cameron and his goons (if you can even call them leaders)... seem to be calling for dictators to step down, while at the same time they are dictating the fate of the UK.

I'd like to see cameron get rid of our own nuclear weapons before even attempting to criticize Iran. Same for the US and Israel... Get rid of your own dirty bomb's before shouting hypocrisy at another nation.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Sanctions will not stop any nuclear ambitions of any country.
It may slow down the nuclear process but not eliminate it completely.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Oh so special. The draco gecko darkside ets want to punish Iran for not being Rothchild banking. After Gadaffi, there are only 3 left.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

Don't know about ets
, but getting a controlled central bank seems to be but one of the top priorities in Iran.

Pretty sure the reason is multifactorial, and beyond being just an issue of controlling the currency.

The US seems to be more concerned that Iran is trading oil outside of USD.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

usual sanctions lead to war just look at Libya its only a matter of time before Obama sends Canada into a another war zone.
A War with Iran is what the elites want once after Iran then Russia, China.

although America will have a hard time if Iran,China,Russia join forces.
edit on 21-11-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
When will we learn that sanctions do not work, it only makes the country concerned more resourceful and stronger.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Angelic Resurrection
Sanctions will not stop any nuclear ambitions of any country.
It may slow down the nuclear process but not eliminate it completely.

Sanctions aren't designed for that purpose. They are designed to target citizens of a country in order to lower their quality of life to the point where they will either seek regime change on their own, or at least become vulnerable enough to external forces seeking regime change in target country.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

While this is ideal, and a part of it, I think it's also a next stage in propaganda against an enemy nation.

It leads our leaders to say, "See! We gave them a shot, and they refuse to stop their evil doing.."

It's probably easier to get new recruits in the war that way.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

Thinking along those lines perhaps since the US got Afghanistan and Iraq, China is going to allow Russia this next one and by proxy will have Russia occupy Iran.

I do believe that at this junction China is holding all the cards as far as a world takeover, they have everyone so indebted to them behind the scenes that when they say jump whomever they are directing it to shout out how high.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by unityemissions
reply to post by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

While this is ideal, and a part of it, I think it's also a next stage in propaganda against an enemy nation.

It leads our leaders to say, "See! We gave them a shot, and they refuse to stop their evil doing.."

It's probably easier to get new recruits in the war that way.

My point was that sanctions are now used as an economic warfare device. This became inevitable after the UN went from being an international dialogue organization to some international geopolitical policy harbingers.

But you're right. People who know nothing about politics hear that sanctions are against some far off country so that makes them bad people. The fact of who applied the sanctions and why is lost on most people. I doubt that army recruiters would want to recruit soldiers who actually know anything about politics (unless they are patronaged into the jingoist elite of the officer class).

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Can you imagine if the U.S., Israel, and it's coalition allies invaded Iran? It would turn out the exact same thing as Iraq does.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by yourboycal2
reminds me of ..

"How U.S. Economic Warfare Provoked Japan’s Attack on Pearl Harbor"

www.independent.org...

same ol tricks , same ol games , just new media to sell th e propaganda

Also in the 1st On July 8, 1853 the U.S navy sailed into Tokyo harbour and forced Japan to trade with the west.

afe.easia.columbia.edu...

Things are never cut and dry.

top topics

join